RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > How to make the front parking sensors come on automatically.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 
How to make the front parking sensors come on automatically.

Ok.. Thought I'd make this a topic for all to see.

Discovered by accident that if you hold the 'P' button down for about 5 seconds it sets the front sensors (and I suspect rear too but I didn't test that) to be on whenever the car 'feels' it is getting near to a front obstruction ie when parking or in a traffic queue or when something is passing near to you etc etc. Once set it stays set on each restart. No sign of this in the manual but I read several members saying they were surprised the sensors did not come on automatically.

If the noise annoys you it can be set to quiet in the general volume menu. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #450718 Sun Feb 01 2015 2:09pm
Nowaytk

England 

Just had a quick look ( I know, Rolling Eyes ) on page 128, "By pressing the Parking Aid button for 3 seconds, the Parking aid system can be automatically activated when the vehicle's speed decreases to less than 6 mph or when Reverse (R) gear is selected." I know I'm a bit sad for looking in "The Manual" but it's half time in the footie so thought why not Laughing 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #450724 Sun Feb 01 2015 2:27pm
PEACHY

England 

I wonder if this can be set on the previous model - my first Sport defaulted to parking aid at low speeds but 10MY & above needs intervention - button pressed Big Cry

Going outside to give it a go - you never know Laughing 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #450726 Sun Feb 01 2015 2:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

Well, I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work on mine. I get an on screen message about park assist not being available if I hold the button pressed. Do I need ignition on, engine running or some other precondition?

My manual (page 114/5) says that it should be on at low speeds or in reverse gear but my dealer told me that it only comes on in reverse and can't be set otherwise.

Puzzling Regards

Malcolm

Post #450771 Sun Feb 01 2015 5:39pm
Nowaytk

England 

I believe ignition needs to be on, don't think it matters if the engine is running or not? Put mine on auto with it running, but didn't try with just ignition on, hope this helps 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #450774 Sun Feb 01 2015 5:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1