RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
New order

Replacement of my Chile RRS AB due 1st week April, so I have to spec the new model. This is my idea:

Firenze Red AB SDV6 with Santorini sliding pano roof. Chile now deleted.
Alston black headlining
Interior : Ebony/Pimento with Ebony/Pimento seats. Full Pimento is a bit too much imo. Tan would be nice but that only comes with Aruba Exterior. The idea is to have a red/black colour combo going on combined with:
Grand (Piano) black finish
Privacy
And then:

Timed heat
Mudflaps
21" wheels. Style 507 standard. Currently on 22" wheels, but 21" will have a slightly increased profile and improve ride. They also look really good in the flesh quite frankly.

Meridian 19 speaker standard. As I enjoy the music, I am marginally tempted by the £4k upgrade, but it's going to be lost in a future p/ex or sale in a year or so's time.

Post #449987 Tue Jan 27 2015 9:00pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Sounds lovely. Cool Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #449991 Tue Jan 27 2015 9:59pm
peanutbob

In the back of my mind, slightly fanciful to be honest, I wonder whether the rear could be improved by having some sort of black discrete rear louvre/or maybe lower spoiler, to give it a more swept appearance as the rest of the car from the rear pillars forward already is. Not some sort of after market job, but a very low key affair to sharpen up the rounded posterior!

Last edited by peanutbob on Tue Jan 27 2015 10:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #449998 Tue Jan 27 2015 10:28pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Sounds lovely.

Did you consider Montalcino Red? 

Post #449999 Tue Jan 27 2015 10:29pm
peanutbob

Yes I did. I've seen a LWB Defender in the showroom in Montalcino with rack, extra large tyres, etc and it looked superb. But I wasn't sure it was a sporty enough red for a Range Rover Sport, if you understand! There are some colours that really work with the new RRS and others less so, but look fine on the FFRR imo.
However, Estoril Blue is uber alles!! That colour is as good as it gets.

Post #450005 Tue Jan 27 2015 10:39pm
peanutbob

The configurator doesn't show privacy, mud flaps etc. of course, but this is the basic idea.

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_...ayoff.html

But I think a small black rear spoiler at the base of the rear window would finish it off nicely!

Post #450011 Tue Jan 27 2015 11:11pm
peanutbob

And a powered split tailgate with the glass moving up and the lower half down would be sheer perfection! I'm not a great fan of the one piece gate tbo.

Post #450012 Tue Jan 27 2015 11:23pm
Ranger4

Very nice..... I also saw a defender at my dealership in Montalcino Red and thought it looked gorgeous, but felt Firenze would be better for the Sport.

Hopefully I'm going with the exact same interior as you, but with a Corris exterior....

Post #450013 Tue Jan 27 2015 11:24pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Remarkable restraint on the options list (then again it is an AB)! Only toy I would add would be surround cameras.

I agree on the wheels. I'd almost prefer 20". What brought it home to me a few years ago was a neighbour who bought a used M3 and removed the big wheels and put official BMW M3 18" on the car and it actually looked better. I thought "stylish AND comfy!" That was when I knew I was getting old.

I'm not convinced on the red elements of the interior. Tan could work well. But the red to me looks a bit, erm, gaudy, or something for matching handbags, manbags, or patent shoes Confused I would not be brave enough for red interior and my wife would leave me.

I do not agree with the concept of "disposable" RRS's. Basically, if I can't afford to change my car every year then no one should. We need a new law for this. Big Cry L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #450021 Wed Jan 28 2015 7:10am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

very nice i really like the pimento and it will be on my next order unless i go for the SVR going to see dealer in febuary to sort order still not sure what model but love the combo you have choosen Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #450041 Wed Jan 28 2015 11:01am
philmw

Why not a Pimento SVR? 

Post #450048 Wed Jan 28 2015 12:07pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Talking to people at LR yesterday in Solihull, we agreed that it's not clear where the normal SC 5.0 sits now. After all, if you're spending £85k, why not stretch to the SVR? I suppose some might say the SVR is a bit more showy and harder edged.

Interestingly, with Solihull doing more than 1000 cars a day and 3 - 4 days end to end build time, there's 3-4000 in there at any one time in various stages of build. Paint shop is the longest process - 1.5 days - and the paint plant has 12 (or was it 16?) mezzanine floors with cars being painted on each level. The scale of the operation and the value creation - say £60m of product a day - defies belief. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #450059 Wed Jan 28 2015 1:17pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Why not a Pimento SVR?

Not sure the pimento works with Estoril though, silver, white, black? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #450060 Wed Jan 28 2015 1:18pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
The scale of the operation and the value creation - say £60m of product a day - defies belief.

Let's hope this increased output does not negatively affect Land Rover's peerless reputation for reliability! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #450063 Wed Jan 28 2015 1:51pm
philmw

Mark_N wrote:
Talking to people at LR yesterday in Solihull, we agreed that it's not clear where the normal SC 5.0 sits now. After all, if you're spending £85k, why not stretch to the SVR? I suppose some might say the SVR is a bit more showy and harder edged.

Interestingly, with Solihull doing more than 1000 cars a day and 3 - 4 days end to end build time, there's 3-4000 in there at any one time in various stages of build. Paint shop is the longest process - 1.5 days - and the paint plant has 12 (or was it 16?) mezzanine floors with cars being painted on each level. The scale of the operation and the value creation - say £60m of product a day - defies belief.

They do, or at least did say that the SVR is not for everyone. The AB has more options and is more suitable for families and cruising (softer bigger conditioned seating, RSE, +2 option) plus colours, etc. And it's less expensive. 

Post #450064 Wed Jan 28 2015 2:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>