RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > operation Angel Eyes...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
operation Angel Eyes...

So, Christmas has been and gone and life goes on. Time for some proper angel eyes. All I want is an led ring with 5 led smd's. Can it be so difficult? Obviously, YES Big Cry

In the next week or so I'll finally be making my own angel eyes. I have the 5050 led smd's, all I need now are the rings, cables, resistors and a way of soldering all of this together.

These are the led's that I purchased:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161232054686

I'll be looking to stick these onto a clear disc. Then solder them in parallel. easy Whistle

updates to follow... Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #446510 Sat Dec 27 2014 8:01pm
L4FLIROP

United States 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

You could just save yourself some trouble and go to these guy's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-SMD-Angel-Eye-...mp;vxp=mtr

Post #447050 Thu Jan 01 2015 6:29pm
simbad111

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

would love to know how you get on with the diy led rings,

Post #447054 Thu Jan 01 2015 6:44pm
tanloverluke

L4FLIROP wrote:
You could just save yourself some trouble and go to these guy's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-SMD-Angel-Eye-...mp;vxp=mtr

these are a long, long, (long, long, long) way from looking like the range rover angel eyes. don't want people confusing the RRS with a BMW Thumbs Up, or at worst I don't want people thinking I'm confused Laughing Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #447067 Thu Jan 01 2015 8:22pm
tanloverluke

I have the material arriving shortly and a hobby electrician at the waiting.

what I've done is order a black acrylic sheet from ebay. This will be used as the ring. It'll need cutting into four x 120mm diameter circles.

I have 20 LED 5050 SMD's. These are 5mm x 5mm each, pure white (~6000 kelvin).

As for the resistors, I'll have 5 LED's per ring, wired in parallel, so each LED will have its own 470 ohm/0.5W resistor.

I found a hobby electrician via the local music shop. He'll be taking care of the soldering and wiring, ready to pop them into the headlights.

So, taking shape slowly but surely. I had a rethink about the Dabhees rings and the more I look at them, the uglier they appear. They certainly won't be winning any design awards. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #448996 Mon Jan 19 2015 5:40pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just an idea Luke, but have you considered buying the other ones and just swapping the led's?

Either way, good luck & I'm looking forward to seeing the end product Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #449127 Tue Jan 20 2015 7:18pm
tanloverluke

Hi Sparky,
Yes I did, just wasn't sure about the led's underneath those plastic reflectors, how they're attached, how easy it would be to remove them. The price is fine, but I've calculated that mine will be a little cheaper anyway and less hassle. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #449156 Tue Jan 20 2015 8:45pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

think it would be possible if.... you had a tiny soldering iron and a lot of patients Laughing MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #449163 Tue Jan 20 2015 9:19pm
tanloverluke

...and steady hands Smile neither of which I have Confused and anyway it's a little bit of fun, i'm treating this as my final project before I retire Thumbs Up Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #449170 Tue Jan 20 2015 9:52pm
tanloverluke

you've gotta start somewhere. so started with drawing the circles, outer diameter 120mm, inner diameter 100mm:

Click image to enlarge

as you can see, it's a shiny acrylic that I've selected. Purchased it via ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360875050516:

Click image to enlarge

The LED's also from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310882199187.

Tomorrow they'll be dropped off at the electricians house and ready by mid next week. So I better get these headlights ready... Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #449540 Fri Jan 23 2015 11:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1