RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR colour choices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

DaveW

United Kingdom 
SVR colour choices

Was just curious, for those of you who have ordered a quite wonderful SVR, what exterior colour and interiors you've gone for?

Post #449542 Fri Jan 23 2015 11:24pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I think that those who have ordered a SVR in Estoril Blue with Black Santorini roof should respond in the most negative way possible, to the effect that they wouldn't been seen dead in a colour like that, and that their neighbours, grandmother, mother and second cousins once removed, think this is the most dreadful colour that has ever been placed upon this planet...

That way, those of us who have non SVRs on order might just get a chance Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #449544 Sat Jan 24 2015 12:03am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I've gone for Estoril Blue and all black interior with carbon fibre trim.

Leaving aside the fact that the blue is SVR only, I think it adds a welcome new axis to the RRS colour palette which up to now has been strongly black/grey/white. My second choice would have been Indus silver.

Where I had an all black roof on my Evoque so that it was all black above the waistline, I now think it's better to have a body coloured roof to create the floating roof effect.

As for interiors, I prefer a single colour contrasting with the exterior in a sporting car and the choice of all black continues that idea in my 5 other cars (red/cream, silver/red, silver/black, blue/dark grey, red/dark grey).

The carbon fibre trim is a welcome introduction; I never really liked the turned metal trim of the AB or the so-easy-to-scratch piano black. Wood, of course, is an absolute no-no. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #449548 Sat Jan 24 2015 1:28am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

It's been so long I've forgotten what I ordered Wink

Exterior is the same for me - Estoril with body-coloured roof. Interior is a variation of a theme.

I'm looking forward to expand the colour palette of our cars: A few years back of the cars three were grey and two were silver. I then replaced two of the grey with two black cars, plus bought two more, one of which is also black!

I think it's great that the SVR has this defining colour. I can make a fair guess at the manufacturer of Mark's red/cream car, as most could give a guess at that of my green/fawn+green car. 

Post #449561 Sat Jan 24 2015 10:20am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, especially if I also say the official names of the red colours in their native languages are "Rosso Corsa" and "Indischrot".

As for your green car, Phil, my money's on it being made not a million miles from LR's development centre in Gaydon... Mark

Post #449564 Sat Jan 24 2015 10:32am
philmw

Not a million miles, but more than you think. Made at the same place as my Grigio Titanio coloured car. So much for colour names. Whistle 

Post #449574 Sat Jan 24 2015 11:45am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

My SVR's the same as above (Estoril with black leather and CF trim) - apart from I've continued with black roof like my last and current RRS. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #449592 Sat Jan 24 2015 2:27pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think the first person to order an SVR in other than Estoril should get a prize. It is a fab colour when you see it for real though. Hardly one for retiring violets but most people will hear you coming long before they can see you if the prototype at Goodwood last year is anything to go by.

Still hoping to get to Solihull this week but the LR Experience Team were off on Thursday and Friday so not sure. If I do go, I will take some pictures where it's allowed of any cars I see. Mark

Post #449599 Sat Jan 24 2015 2:44pm
philmw

Your car is due on the line this week isn't it? 

Post #449604 Sat Jan 24 2015 3:25pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Supposedly, yes, though no new info from the dealer.

They went very quiet when I said, right, personal plate is off the Evoque, when do you want it? In the finish, WBAC came back and paid £780 more than the dealer was offering (not a lot in the scheme of things but better in my pocket than someone else's). With the lead times being what they are, the dealers do not have to sweeten the deal by offering a decent trade-in and so - evidently - offered rock bottom. The salesman already told me they weren't much interested in a 3 door petrol Evoque.

So I've told them no p/ex and I'm looking forward to telling them where to stick their paint protection, GAP insurance, finance and all the other stuff they will try to sell me. I'll just be paying for the car on a debit card. Mark

Post #449607 Sat Jan 24 2015 3:42pm
sally

United Kingdom 

I too have ordered Estoril Blue with Ebony/Cirrus seats, carbon fibre pack and an Ebony headliner 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #449930 Tue Jan 27 2015 10:23am
Beancounter_74

England 

I have an acquaintance who does a lot of photo shoots for car manufacturers. He's posted a couple of pics on his web page of an SVR in a lighter colour. Thought I'd share if anyone wanted to see an SVR in something but Estoril Smile

ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #449932 Tue Jan 27 2015 10:44am
philmw

Great car, but to be honest and IMHO looks far better in blue and on the 22s. 

Post #449938 Tue Jan 27 2015 1:41pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Just back from the visiting Solihull and the usual good tour but was surprised at the lack of activity in the press shop. The multi-million pound press was down and lots of people, who would normally take the items off the belt as they come off the press were hanging around. It leapt into live for a few seconds only to stop again. I think I saw stats which said they press 43000 items a week - though that figure must be low with them producing 1000+ cars a day - with many unseen items subcontracted out but it all seemed a bit old compared to the Mercedes press shop I saw in Sindelfingen last year where they do 640000 items a day.

Still, they have buffer stocks and the body shells were coming thick and fast and the final assembly was a hive of activity and the area where the cars come off the line and are started for the first time was log-jammed. It's clear that getting completed cars off the site is a major logistical headache and you have to question the wisdom of developing yet more production there for the Jaguars in such a space constrained site.

I didn't see my car - that I could recognise - but I did see a number of SVRs, maybe about 20 in all and as you'd expect, blue is by far the dominant colour, though I did a see a couple of black and white. The blue is an absolutely great colour, darker than I expected, but really stands out against the sea of white, black and grey.

The closest to mine I saw was blue and all black inside with a sliding roof but the steering wheel on the wrong side. I'm going to be more than happy, beyond excited is how I would describe my current state of mind. Mark

Post #449948 Tue Jan 27 2015 3:56pm
sally

United Kingdom 

Beancounter_74 wrote:
I have an acquaintance who does a lot of photo shoots for car manufacturers. He's posted a couple of pics on his web page of an SVR in a lighter colour. Thought I'd share if anyone wanted to see an SVR in something but Estoril Smile

Seeing the SVR in white makes me love the blue soooo much more, I am 100% happy with my colour choice. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #450056 Wed Jan 28 2015 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>