RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Grange Barnet Land Rover Worst Dealership Service Experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Nav01

United Kingdom 
Grange Barnet Land Rover Worst Dealership Service Experience

Hi
I wanted to share my 1 year nightmare experience with Grange Barnet Land Rover London.

Upon purchasing My RRSport I contacted Grange Barnet Land Rover for an Extended Warranty, I was informed that the lady who dealt with extend warranties was away and upon her return I would get a call back. After a week or so I called and was inform that the lady would call me as she was away from her desk, never received a call, called again I was told again that somebody would call me back, finally gave up and went with Warranty Wise.

Several weeks after purchasing my RRSport the rear view camera failed, booked the RRSport with Grange Barnet Land Rover, gave them the Warranty Wise details. Informed by Grange Barnet Land Rover that Warranty Wise had authorised the repair and camera had been swapped out for a new one. Great stuff I thought to myself. Called Warranty Wise to claim the £600 for the camera swap, they asked for an authorisation code which was not given to me, thought to myself no problem called Grange Barnet Land Rover requesting the authorisation code, I was informed that they could not find it at the moment would need time to find the code. Called back after a day or so still they couldn’t not find the authorisation code and they are working on finding the authorisation code. Warranty Wise refused to reimburse me until I produce the authorisation code. 12 months later no authorisation code £600 paid out of my own pocket.

A few months later the compressor failed on the had the compressor changed out under warranty fully reimbursed by Warranty Wise due having an authorisation code paid for the Diagnostics myself.

Few weeks later I noticed that the car leans to the passenger side, went back Grange Barnet Land Rover told the service adviser that the car leans towards the passage side and could they also look at the transmission at times from stand still I seem to get a violent thud he informed me that a software update was required all my problems would be resolved. I felt that things were going to really progress and get resolved left a review on the forum complementing his attitude towards myself and resolving the problem. Upon returning to pick up the car I noticed that the car had been damaged looked like something had hit the passenger side door handle taking a chuck of the colour coded door paint out below that a deep scratch that had gone through the paint on the coloured coded profile above the side step I was informed by the service adviser that he would look into it via speaking to the workshop people. I have not heard anything back.
On this occasion after testing the car I noticed that the car was exactly the same, transmission problem and lean to the passenger side is still there problem still exists. I called up to speak to an service adviser that the problem still exists, As the car is scheduled for a service I was told that these issues would be resolved, I agreed and hoped for the best.

Once the car had been serviced the transmission issue had been resolved with a new software update, I believe this has fixed it however I have noticed that the car occasionally sticks in 2nd gear which needs to be resolved. However the lean to the passenger still exists. I had a failed rear light bulb which was not fixed neither even though I had been informed that a physical inspection was carried out of the car. I also thought that coolant levels are checked as part of the service as the coolant levels were quite low however not topped up.
Had the car MOT last week, failed due rear light bulb, I spoke to the adviser about the damage to the paint work he informed me this time that he would not accepted liability and it was down to the MOT garage.

I have asked repeatedly about how the Economic Air conditioning setting works as I find after half an hour or so the heater does not maintain the temperature selected and starts to give off cold heat. Does it go via the temp in the cabin and try to maintain the selected temp or should it constantly give out heat selected on the dial regardless to the cabin temp. From my understanding in auto mode it will work trying to maintain the selected heat temp within the cabin.

Finally today I received a call from the service manager to come in to the dealership tomorrow. Lets see what happens.

Post #448254 Mon Jan 12 2015 5:14pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Time to find a new dealer methinks.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Post #448265 Mon Jan 12 2015 6:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Feel your pain. Not sure if it is the takeover by Grange or something else ( Whistle ). I had a very bad experience too whereas previously their service used to be very good.

When I get some time, I will post a write-up, just like I used to do after receiving good service in the past. Trouble is this one will take a while to write Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #448266 Mon Jan 12 2015 6:17pm
vin297

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Maybe time to try LPR. See if James magic has worked there. I had a crap experience before his return but had an excellent response from his parts team last week. I'm going to give there service dept one last go see if it has improved.

Post #448276 Mon Jan 12 2015 7:49pm
Nav01

United Kingdom 

Many thanks everybody really appreciate your thoughts, It’s a shame it’s such a beautiful car and drives so well, with a few simple problems that seem difficult to resolve. I understand the takeover issue they have been taken over 3 times, takeover was done in July, however I have tried to work with them to get things resolved in a potential difficult time. However it’s not easy for me either running an IT consultancy in UK and Europe losing money every time you have to go to dealership. It has made me think about Range Rover ownership and customer care. Had thoughts about upgrade to new sport but have my doubts now. I may be working in Copenhagen in the next few months was thinking of taking it with me. Vin297 sorry to sound ignorant which dealership do you mean by LPR? Has anybody tried the Watford Land Rover Service department? Could you Guys give me some feedback on the Economic Air Conditioning mode; please refer to the bottom part of my original post.

Regards

Post #448290 Tue Jan 13 2015 12:39am
Michael7s

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

LPR is probably Park Royal, off a40 near Hanger Lane

Post #448293 Tue Jan 13 2015 7:22am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I only ever use auto & aircon to avoid condensation, misting and other problems so can't help with economy mode. I don't think there is an eco button though - do you mean controlling heat using the temperature dials and fan speed manually as opposed to Auto/AC?

As Michael7s says, LPR = Lookers Land Rover Park Royal. James @ LPR is a forum sponsor and very helpful. He was at LPR first, then moved to Hadley Green (Grange) and now back to LPR a few months ago. It does seem he brings quality of service to the dealership he is at ( and takes it with him when he moves Sad ). So I agree with vin297 that it might be worth giving LPR a try now that he is back with them. James is in sales but he provided contacts for service/parts etc. in the thread I linked. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #448294 Tue Jan 13 2015 7:31am
vin297

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I would def give LPR a try - lookers Park Royal. James is GM so should hold some weight in all areas, in all the posts I've read they have always been v positive about him and the service he provides. Nav01 you mention Land Rover in watford, where a outs are they?

Post #448296 Tue Jan 13 2015 7:54am
Nav01

United Kingdom 
Update

Hi Just to update my Sport is still with Grange Barnet Land Rover London. That’s eight working days. I met the up with service department manager he promise to take responsivity for the scratches, however since he realised that they can be polished out as refused liability.
@ Fkarim “do you mean controlling heat using the temperature dials and fan speed manually as opposed to Auto/AC?” I do mate in the manual it’s referred to econ mode.
Few days ago received I received a call from a service adviser that they would like to charge £130+vat for looking at the problem any further. As they had that they carried out the bag leak test and removed the unit overnight then put it back in
I have warranty would this not be covered?
I kicked up a fuss and managed to speak to the Workshop Manager who seems to be a reasonable chap, and promised to correct the problem free of charge.
Didn’t hear any for a few days, call the dealership and was told that they would work on it the following day, several days later I managed to speak to the workshop manager he told me that they had proceeded to recalibrate the suspension however they had force it to calibrate correctly. It was complete and the vehicle was level all round happy days the vehicle would be deliver to me in the next hour. Upon delivery the vehicle was parked on drive was leaning on to the near side further more leaning on the near side front. At my disgust the driver said this was not acceptable and would like to take the vehicle back to the dealership. Before he went I got the measuring tape out to take some measurements as I believed it was exactly the same:
Near side front 2inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch
Driver side front 5inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch
Near side rear 4inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch
Driver side rear 4.5inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch

Received a call from the workshop manager saying that something must be forcing the vehicle to readjust to the bad settings, potentially I could be looking at serious costs to get it resolved.
Haven’t heard anything since called dealership and later received an email from the workshop manager stating that they had logged a call with the factory as they can’t understand why the vehicle defaults back to the wrong suspension setting. Furthermore now they would like to start charging to find the problem and would like me to authorise two hours of labour at a reduced cost at £100 per hour. What do you guys think?

Did some research after a long day at work on the forum it seems that the fault could like with the corner valve block? The vehicle is MY2010 model with 34000 miles on it any opinions? I have emailed this over to the workshop manager.

Post #449339 Wed Jan 21 2015 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1