RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > anyone else finding that……………...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

gnasher wrote:
Leave the smart key in your pocket and just touch the grooved part on the door handle to lock the car, two touches double lock.

Or better still, always leave the smart key in your pocket and touch the grooved part on the door handle twice to double lock the car every time. Thumbs Up 

Post #447138 Fri Jan 02 2015 1:06pm
Andrew2706

malcolmw wrote:
I have asked about having the park sensors operate at below a set speed instead of when you select reverse but this appears impossible. It is frustrating to not have them in operation when driving forwards into a parking space. Many people have said they will be going off all the time when you are in traffic if they are on at low speeds but I have had several cars with this feature and I have not had any issues. Do you really get this close to the car in front?

I have not seen the "Beige" display issue so I should get this looked at.

Thanks Malcolm. spoken to dealer. and he agrees there is some kind of shadow in the bottom right corner of the indash sat nav. he has not seen before but is "Investigating this with JLR". As for the front parking sensors I totally agree with you and have never had issues before with them on other vehicles. I now get in the habit of switching them on by touching the "P" when ever I start to leave my drive and also switch them on again when I come home at less than 10 mph. seems silly but me and brick walls have never mixed well !!

Post #447188 Fri Jan 02 2015 7:01pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I would say that there are a lot of things slow to respond about the new RRS, apart from the infotainment system which is actually slower than my old L322 FFRR. The throttle response is dreadfully slow and I waste half my life waiting for the heated seats window to come up every morning

Post #447211 Fri Jan 02 2015 10:50pm
ericr

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Baltic Blue

Thank goodness I have finally seen someone mentioning the acceleration delay. I've had my SDV6 HSE Dynamic for 3 months but noticed straight away that there was a delay between accelerator and the car moving off. I lost confidence in pulling out into gaps in traffic after having artics bearing down on me while I'm waiting for something to happen. I took the car back to the salesman for him to confirm that's how it should be and he said 'yep' and confirmed there were no new updates. I love the car in almost every other way (the satnav is bonkers and tries to get me lost) and can live with slow infotainment and door locks but I'll sell the car if that ridiculous and slightly dangerous accelerator lag cannot be rectified. Has anyone experienced it and had it corrected? I should add that occasionally the car takes off just as it should - so it can do it.

Post #448443 Wed Jan 14 2015 3:40pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

We all have the 3.0 sdv6 lag... and it is appalling and dangerous but I guess we all get used to it and make allowances for it.

If there was any other SUV that appealed to me.. the lag would also be the main reason i'd consider changing car...

Alas , there is nothing else I like that even comes close ,so i'll stick with my L494... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #448446 Wed Jan 14 2015 4:13pm
ericr

Thanks, Andman. Do you have any idea what causes it? It doesn't seem like turbo lag, more CPU lag. I wonder if the new uprated SDV6 with more power will have the problem fixed. You'd think that after a million miles of testing the bl**dy thing would work properly. The TDV6 can be chipped up for more power and better economy. I wonder if a non-JLR firm could tweak the CPU to solve this problem. Land Rover won't admit to the problem but I would bet the next model will have it sorted. Sadly, if I can't get this fixed the car will have to go. I didn't spend £73k to change my driving style to accommodate shortcomings. If only my S500 had grip in more than 2mm of snow...
Anyway, rant over! Thanks for your comments.

Post #448452 Wed Jan 14 2015 4:54pm
philmw

The first gen Sport used to suffer from a lag sometimes - even the supercharged petrol. It was thought it was related to the gearbox as it tended to happen when coasting to a stop in traffic, stopping momentarily, and then trying to accelerate, and possibly was the gearbox telling the CPU to back off whilst it changed down into 1st gear. 

Post #448459 Wed Jan 14 2015 5:22pm
ericr

I've tried pulling away manually in sport mode but it's no better, and coasting downhill then giving it some accelerator it also still lags. Very occasionally, though, it takes off perfectly. My 14-year old Landcruiser doesn't have the problem. That's embarrassing.
Anyway, I've said enough on this subject, I'm getting depressed!

Post #448470 Wed Jan 14 2015 6:04pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

andman wrote:
We all have the 3.0 sdv6 lag... and it is appalling and dangerous but I guess we all get used to it and make allowances for it.

If there was any other SUV that appealed to me.. the lag would also be the main reason i'd consider changing car...

Alas , there is nothing else I like that even comes close ,so i'll stick with my L494...

If you drive hard the adaptive learning assumes you are in a hurry and will give better response.

Drive like miss daisey and all will be smooth and those in the back will not spill their drinks. If you then expect neck snapping pick up in the first 2 mm of throttle travel, then it will not as it has adapted to the easy style.

In Sport Mode with Dynamic selected the response is almost too quick.

The Sport is trying to be two cars. A Range Rover and a Sport. You could have one big switch for each. Instead we have some adaptive software that tries to guess which car you want it too be.

Post #448476 Wed Jan 14 2015 7:06pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I drive mine almost always in dynamic mode, and very often in Sport, and not aware of this lag. As Disco says the car has adaptive learning and will reflect on your driving conditions. I guess in normal non dynamic, non sport, the gearbox will change marginally slower and one of the turbos will just spool up that fraction slower.
What I have noticed, since 6000 miles and now on 13000 miles, is how much the engine has freed up and become quite a peach. Fuel consumption improved as well. So, as a result one tends to boot the car quite a bit more, and give it a bit more welly than in the early days! Then as a result one notices just how much the dynamic mode assists...I would always spec dynamic unless its a pottering about purchase. My TDV8 was superb in flooring it at 50mph ish especially in Sport mode, but this does it comparably but without the noise unfortunately!!

Post #448487 Wed Jan 14 2015 8:33pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

It is very deceptive how fast these cars are.

Took ours to a test track in Wales used by EVO magazine.

With out trying the speed was high without any histrionics. The Wife's Focus RS with 400+ hp was much louder with pops and bangs a plenty. The Sport does not feel fast, The Range Rover bit coming through, but they do go.

Post #448488 Wed Jan 14 2015 8:42pm
peanutbob

Also, a bit anoraky...but I do tend to use engine braking quite a bit coming up to lights, either on the paddles or gearstick. It saves on the brakes and keeps the alloys cleaner for longer Sad So at 12k service all pads were 10pc worn Thumbs Up

Post #448489 Wed Jan 14 2015 8:46pm
philmw

That's one of the many things I'm looking forward to with the SVR:

Quote:
The fuel is not cut on the overrun in Dynamic mode, creating a pronounced crackle for additional excitement.

Razz 

Post #448494 Wed Jan 14 2015 9:04pm
peanutbob

And probably a pronounced cackle from any OAPs in ther vicinity Rolling with laughter

Post #448495 Wed Jan 14 2015 9:07pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

I recently swapped my SDV6 ATB for the Supercharged. I too assumed that I'd have similar issues with pulling away from stationary as put it down to the gearbox/CPU lag but I am afraid to say that the Supercharged simply doesn't suffer in the same way.

In the first few weeks of having the new car my wife would complain about my apparently erratic pull aways but it was really because after 12000miles in the SDV6 I was just used to having to extend my right foot more than necessary to get a swift-isn response. I've now tailored my driving to what actually should be the norm for pulling into a gap.

It'd be interesting to hear from those who've been brave enough to having things tinkered with or chipped. I would imagine most will wait until warranty is up before we start seeing many do that though.

Back on topic, the infotainment system is still woefully slow, and well below par for the marque, but I've never had any problems with touch locking on either of my Sports - instantaneous every time.

Looking forward to seeing what the pickup will be like on the SVR.....! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #448526 Thu Jan 15 2015 10:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>