Thanks Santa

Dear Santa,

Thanks Dude Thumbs Up

Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #446396 Thu Dec 25 2014 4:40pm
Nowaytk

England 

Looking Thumbs Up , enjoy the soundtrack Very Happy 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #446397 Thu Dec 25 2014 4:57pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Thanks Nowaytk

I picked it up yesterday lunchtime. I will say that the handover process etc from the dealer was diabolical (more about that later) and there are a few issues with the car that I will get sorted out in the new year. Passenger seat quality poor, very badly prepared for delivery with so many smear marks on it and a couple of other things. Any brand new car should not have any of these problems but I am not going to let them spoil my enjoyment right now.

Cheers
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR

Post #446398 Thu Dec 25 2014 5:34pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Absolutely... go enjoy it over the festive season and sort the issues out in 15

Lovely looking RRS... congratulations... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #446399 Thu Dec 25 2014 5:55pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Cheers Andman Thumbs Up Current RRS: MY18 SVR

Post #446402 Thu Dec 25 2014 8:08pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Very nice. Thumbs Up
Couldn't have timed the delivery much better. As said, forget the issues for now and enjoy your new toy. One of the main reason's i had my detailer prepare my motor for delivery and not the dealer.

Post #446403 Thu Dec 25 2014 8:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Very nice enjoy Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #446413 Thu Dec 25 2014 11:55pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Picking a car up at lunchtime on Christmas Eve was never going to be ideal and only you know how much pressure you applied to get the car before Christmas.

The seat quality is a worry as that's clearly not something the dealer can do anything about. Is it the same old problem of slack leather in which case it's down to a supplier under pressure and a quality standard set too low to get the car out the door.

No excuses, of course, but hopefully you'll get the other issues sorted out after New Year. My advice is to give them time, otherwise they only have one more excuse as to why not. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #446416 Fri Dec 26 2014 6:44am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Car looks fabulous. Thumbs Up

Sorry to hear of the seat issue. I would normally ignore it, but as JLR have f'ed me off so much over my order, and the seat manufacturers insisting on sticking with the same seat material for fear of 'sagging' if they change, I will be insisting on absolute perfection. 

Post #446458 Sat Dec 27 2014 11:27am
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Nice looking RRS from another Jas Laughing

Hopefully you'll be able to get the issues resolved fairly quickly. Thumbs Up 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #446464 Sat Dec 27 2014 12:54pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Car looks fabulous. Thumbs Up

Sorry to hear of the seat issue. I would normally ignore it, but as JLR have f'ed me off so much over my order, and the seat manufacturers insisting on sticking with the same seat material for fear of 'sagging' if they change, I will be insisting on absolute perfection.

The seat manufacturer appears to know they have a quality problem; time for LR to switch to a company who can do a proper job. I think we decided the Evoque uses Johnson Controls, Solihull uses Lear. Recaro would be the way to go IMHO.

As for them being unable to meet your requirements, the whole SVO thing so far sounds like so much hot air. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #446527 Sun Dec 28 2014 2:16am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments. I have raked up about 350 miles of mostly motorway driving and very happy with my car. I can’t really comment on performance yet, as I am being sensible and running it in Cool

Only downside so far is the info system. As others have mentioned it is very slow compared to German cars in particular. I haven’t owned a car for several years and have rented BMWs and Mercedes when I have needed a car and LR need to so some work here. The other slightly annoying thing about it is that you can’t navigate your way around the main screen via any control from the steering wheel or a control knob by the gear lever. I have to stretch to reach the left side of the screen and because of the size of the car, my view is diverted away from the road a bit. To be clear, I am not moaning about it - just saying that it could be better.

Mark N, no pressure from me to pick it up on Christmas Eve. It was supposed to have been collected a day earlier, but I couldn’t until Christmas Eve and the dealer was fine with that.

The issue I had with the handover process was that I was made to feel like a game show winner! The car is covered and had a plaque next to it with my name on it. The dealer who had been my contact there took me through some paperwork then the dealer principle comes over for a shaking of hands (with a couple of hanger-ons). Then I was introduced to a chap who was going to take me through the “unveiling” and handover. Car unveiled and he wanted to get straight into the controls etc whereas I wanted to take my time and have a good look inside and outside of the car for any problems.

And upon collection it has two issues. As mentioned in my previous post, the front passenger seat material is sagging and the rear off-side door only shuts if you give it a good slam. The dealer was supposed to put “GB” plates on my car but forgot. None of these are major issues by any means and will get sorted out in due course.

I will post my thoughts (and some better quality pictures) in a couple of weeks’ time.

Happy New Year Everybody Thumbs Up Current RRS: MY18 SVR

Post #446760 Tue Dec 30 2014 3:43pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

My handover took about 4 minutes.....

Car was parked outside ready to go..... didn't even go inside the dealership ...Signed on the dotted line... and drove off...

There couldn't of been less fanfare.. prefer it that way... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #446797 Tue Dec 30 2014 7:19pm
Gal Dove

philmw wrote:
....I will be insisting on absolute perfection.

....good luck with that!! Whistle

A quick re-visit to this 'site has revealed some real shockers. I've had my car since April '14 now, its covered 4k miles and I can echo nearly all of the 'issues' that are posted on here. Such a shame. Or should that be 'sham'....?

As far as the speed and usability of the Infotainment system is concerned.....it's quicker to just say; have you seen what Audi are now putting in their new TT (and soon across the range)...? It makes the RRS one look like it was designed & developed in the '80's!

Violet Piano: the car looks superb, congrats & all that... You seem to be pretty switched on and were quick to spot things that it took me far longer to notice.........or maybe I was just refusing to notice. I don't want to add a third 'issue' but - do you have the gap 'round your boot seal? I'm reliably informed that JLR are still in the process of developing a fix for this little 'oversight'!!

It's getting to the stage where I'm going to be too nervous to look at the 'site anymore! Rolling Eyes MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)
1972 VW Bay Camper (cooled by the air alone!!)

Post #447040 Thu Jan 01 2015 5:09pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Boot seal doesn't really bothe more at all, I don't even notice it. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #447052 Thu Jan 01 2015 6:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>