RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > OMG!! MY10 TDV8 Will Not Start. Welcome to RRS Ownership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Monkey Hanger!

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Nara Bronze
OMG!! MY10 TDV8 Will Not Start. Welcome to RRS Ownership

I just knew I should have listened to all the doubters and detractors when I told them my intentions to buy a Sport. Have owned it the whole of 3 months. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
My poor wife was the laughing stock of the street as the curtains twitched watching the heap of junk being loaded onto the back of a recovery truck to start what I am sure will be a never ending series of visits to the local LR stealer. Soon as its fixed its gone.

Post #445324 Mon Dec 15 2014 3:43am
SRE

Spain 

A tad premature

Quote:
Soon as its fixed its gone.

It could be something very simple, battery etc. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #445339 Mon Dec 15 2014 9:12am
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Sorry to hear of your problem, hopefully it will be a simple fix.

Not sure I agree with the whole unreliable thing, I'm now on my 2nd RRS and neither of them have given me any problems Thumbs Up 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #445433 Mon Dec 15 2014 11:54pm
Monkey Hanger!

It is now delivered to the local LR dealers.
They promised to call me (Saturday) with an update immediately. Still waiting for the call. Legendary LR service? Just glad it is under warranty.
What price could I expect to get for a 2010 TDV8 with 40,000 on the clock? I wonder if the dealer I bought it off would take it back off me (for a loss on my behalf of course) I would have to get it delivered to him though as it is more than 50 miles away and I do not know if I would dare drive that far in it after reading all the tails of misery and despair on here and numerous other forums.
I am devastated as I was planning to tour Europe in it next year. Wouldn't go to the paper shop in it now in case the turbo blows up cos "they are not designed to go short distances!!" LR should be shot for having the cheek to sell this car knowing fine well it is more than likely going to break down at some point in the not to distant future!
I have been driving a 1000 quid 1996 Lexus GS300 Sport for the last 10 years while I saved up enough money for my Sport. It never missed a beat. Once. Never. I know which one I would rather have on my drive now.

Post #445442 Tue Dec 16 2014 3:53am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

My 2010 TDV8 is great. I wouldn't swap it for anything other than a newer model.

Post #445447 Tue Dec 16 2014 6:35am
Alex C

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

You haven't actually said what the problem was?? No power, wouldn't turn over, wouldn't fire??

If it is in a dealer and under warranty then it will be fixed and shouldn't cost you anything so surely that is a good thing?

Mine has let me down several times and come back on a tow truck once too - only thing I would swap it for...... Another RRS! Remember these are 60k cars not Hondas or Lexus, doesn't mean hey are 60k less likely to go wrong just far more complicated! That said I had 2 S2000s which both broke down, an Impreza which lived in the dealer and an X5 which I sent back to BMW until they fixed it as it kept having problems - cars go wrong and can usually be fixed Smile

Ps. Took my sport across Fance and Belgium and he was fantastic, ate the miles in perfect comfort, not another car out there I would use for a trip like that. TDV8 Java Black, Overfinch 22s

Post #445454 Tue Dec 16 2014 8:28am
Monkey Hanger!

Yes, sorry for being so negative its just that I am so disappointed. Apparently, according to the breakdown chap there is something electrical shorting out. Even when he put his charge pack on it would not turn over. All the screens were on just going absolutely bonkers, then the handbrake would not release and the doors would not lock!! Hopefully I will get some info from the dealers today on what the problem is. All this happened to the missus by the way. I am trying to sort things out for her but I am here in Thailand where I work!!!!! I am due home on leave this Friday so I am just hoping that it is ready for me.
I love the car really and just hope I can put some faith in it on its return.

Post #445457 Tue Dec 16 2014 8:41am
SRE

Spain 

Monkey Hanger!

It's been said before many times, but I will repeat it anyway. This and similar Forums are great places to glean information, however the one BIG problem is you never get people on here say how great their cars are or that they never have an issue, what you get are people with a few problems, and this is the same on the BMW and Mercedes forums.

I myself have had a couple of little niggles, however I am on my 5th or 6th Land Rover, and my next car, well JLR will be in the mix.

Lets hope it's something simple, it normally is, and that the JLR Stealer Ship you deal with is one of the better ones.

RR Sports are great cars, and a nice place to sit. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #445462 Tue Dec 16 2014 9:37am
TheDB

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

OK everyone let's start guesswork diagnosis.

I wager a pint, generous I know, that it is the alternator.

Post #445592 Tue Dec 16 2014 10:58pm
Monkey Hanger!

DB I think a pint is on its way to you!! Just had report back from the LR Mechanic. He has put the battery on charge and ordered a new alternator!! Lets see if that does the trick. I am beginning to cheer up already. I so want it to be OK as I truly love the car!!
It is totally true what SRE has just said too. Everyone is quick (myself now included!!) to post when something goes wrong but how many post when nothing is wrong? Not many for sure.
I would be interested to know exactly what percentage of the many cars sold actually develop a major fault.

Post #445597 Wed Dec 17 2014 12:38am
cossiedave

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

my 06 has just had gearbox reconned other than that no other faults

Post #445601 Wed Dec 17 2014 7:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Welderman

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mates car just had similar problem, alternator was goosed.

Ive just changed the bearing in my transferbox. Still love my car Smile Newbie near Chorley.
TDV8

Post #445605 Wed Dec 17 2014 8:28am
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Monkey Hanger! wrote:

I would be interested to know exactly what percentage of the many cars sold actually develop a major fault.

Its all part of the ownership experience. It will keep happening until all the known faults that haven't been done already have been done.

It reminds us of the old days: three day weeks, blokes stood around braziers on strike, and of course British Leyland cars.

Its nostalgic really. Mr. Green

Post #445627 Wed Dec 17 2014 12:26pm
Monkey Hanger!

OK gents, car has been fixed. It was the alternator as suspected. Good service from Stratstones Stockton. Even delivered the car back to my drive.

Post #445697 Thu Dec 18 2014 6:14am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Now you can fall back in love with it Thumbs Up

Post #445698 Thu Dec 18 2014 6:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>