RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014 HSE SDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tony wright

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver
2014 HSE SDV6

Just after some advice and probably in the wrong place but I'll ask anyway. I'll be selling my car in June this year when it's a year old and already been offered a price by a dealer. Is it wrong of me to be very wary about selling privately? As I'm not getting another vehicle (actually I am but, new car will be an EV on PCP) I'm not sure of any other way of disposing of my RRS other than dealer for cash? Haven't tried any of the we buy any car .com sites as I don't want to be swamped with crappy spam and reminders from them.

The offer is 56k for my Siver HSE SDV6, as a straight cash buy. Car will be a year old with approx 6k miles, only extras are a panoramic sunroof and privacy glass over HSE. Trying to get a feel for the offer and wondering if it would be worth excepting that now, so I don't have to worry about it nearer the time, any thoughts or should I wait till nearer the time?

Post #445171 Fri Dec 12 2014 9:38pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Well it would be worth getting a webuyanycar price but they are only concerned with age and mileage and a car whose spec is wrapped up in the model is more likely to be "fairly" valued compared to one with options which are not on their radar. Dealers don't take much notice of them either to be honest. The WeBuy quote will probably not be honoured on the day but it will give you a second point of reference. Also look on the big car trading sites for cars close to yours to see what cars of the same spec are offering and discount for haggling.

Price seems low to me... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #445226 Sat Dec 13 2014 5:52pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Sold my 63 plate V6 ATB 4 weeks ago privately. Got 2K more than dealer offered. It was a very simple transaction and the chap wired me the money the week before coming to collect.

I also took lots of photos and did a thorough description and emailed every LR main dealer local to me (think about 12 in all) for their best offer. Some didn't reply, some asked what I'd already been offered and some just gave their best offer - there was about 3K difference from lowest to highest offers so if I hadn't sold privately then at least I would have known I got the best dealer price possible.

The huge advantage you have is that unlike most other models, the Sport is still hugely in demand and dealers can't get hold of enough of them. A dealer buying yours knows that they probably don't even need to put it on their forecourt to resell as they'll have a waiting list of potential customers already! Easy money! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #445262 Sun Dec 14 2014 9:18am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

My dealer, 3 or 4 months ago, resold my HSE Dynamic at list... 2022 P440e AB

Post #445279 Sun Dec 14 2014 12:01pm
tony wright

Very encouraging Thumbs Up Dealer has asked me to let him know by the 22 of this month (seems a bit strange as I'm not looking to sell it till June) as presently I'm in Austria snowboarding. Reason I'm talking about it now is he has also offered me 24.5k for my year old Defender 110 and saw the RRSport. Think I'll be a bit more patient and maybe wait out till nearer the time.

Post #445292 Sun Dec 14 2014 4:21pm
tony wright

Requested a quote from WBAC this morning and it came in at £57,790, so just short of 2k more than the dealers £56k. Trouble is the dealer is guaranteeing his price for June when I will sell it. Presently no idea how much that price will drop between now and then with WBAC, Censored ...

Post #445602 Wed Dec 17 2014 8:20am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

WBAC quotes are computer generated and there's little adjustment to take account of the specifics of the car. You can be certain too that their valuation will drop over the next 6 months and that's before you show up and have some guy not-pick about the condition to drive the value down. If your dealer is fixing the price until June, that's probably worth hanging on to. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #445608 Wed Dec 17 2014 9:32am
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Also, various traders have wanted ads in the car section of the Sunday Times. May be worth a look as well.

Post #445635 Wed Dec 17 2014 2:15pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

tony wright wrote:
Requested a quote from WBAC this morning and it came in at £57,790, so just short of 2k more than the dealers £56k. Trouble is the dealer is guaranteeing his price for June when I will sell it. Presently no idea how much that price will drop between now and then with WBAC, Censored ...

I tried to use WBAC recently to sell my previous L322 FFRR and without boring you all rigid with the lengthy, frustrating and ultimately fruitless saga, I won't ever be using them again. I ended up p/xing my FFRR to the dealer who supplied my new RRS. Having said that, I understand that some people do have a better experience than I had; just don't expect to get the online valuation for your car or anywhere near

Post #445821 Fri Dec 19 2014 2:53pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

There is a forum sponsor/dealer on the FFforum called Gary Elliot who buys forum members cars for more than dealers offer apparently . Worth a try ?

Post #445838 Fri Dec 19 2014 4:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1