RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > A Warning to BC and the like.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

SRE

Spain 
A Warning to BC and the like.

There has been a little problem over on the Disco Forum
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic121418.html
Anyway it looks like we will have to be nice and polite to the Moderator from Good old Yorkshire. Bow down Bow down Bow down

On the other hand Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #445089 Fri Dec 12 2014 10:45am
Beancounter_74

England 

Yes, funnily enough I've already seen that, case of someone throwing their dummy out the pram IMO Rolling Eyes

Reason for frequenting the Disco site recently is that hopefully picking up a D4 at the weekend with my better half.
I will post up a few pics when we get it, but in the meantime if you would like a tarmaccing quote, please PM me Thumbs Up

Oh, and being nice to Ady???...... that tight Censored Censored from Yorkshire.......Censored off Rolling with laughter Whistle ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #445097 Fri Dec 12 2014 11:24am
fkarim

United Kingdom 
Re: A Warning to BC and the like.

Off Topic

Beancounter_74 wrote:
Reason for frequenting the Disco site recently is that hopefully picking up a D4 at the weekend with my better half.
BC I would be interested in your thoughts on D4 especially compared to RRS. I currently have a 2014 Discovery as a loan car which is good because it is on the list of cars I see as possible replacement (not in the very near future though). The practicality (space, 2 extra seats for occasional use) is certainly a big plus but I miss my Sport Sad

Not sure yet Neutral Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #445099 Fri Dec 12 2014 11:51am
Beancounter_74

England 

Main reason for getting it fkarim is the extra two seats. We'd been looking for a while and test drove one the other week and I was impressed with it to be honest. Doesn't hold the road quite like a RRS, which is what we would have liked ideally, but still very capable all the same and not dissimilar in ride to her current car. Thumbs Up

She currently runs a FFRR (a perfectly big car I hear you say!), but with our kids all in the back, there is constant moaning about who gets squashed in the middle seat. Rolling Eyes
Discovery 4 means hopefully no more moaning Laughing .........and a few extra toys over the FFRR as it's a fully loaded HSE should make it a nice place to be still Cool ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #445103 Fri Dec 12 2014 12:15pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

This Disco is also an HSE but despite being a year newer, lacks in the toy department compared to my RRS HSE Black Edition with the exception of sunroof. The other downsides are slower acceleration (even though same engine and gearbox), less sporty handling and missing dynamic mode but these are no surprises given it's heavier, higher? and meant for different things. I felt soundproofing wasn't as good as the RRS but that could just be in my head.

Ride is equally comfortable, and as mentioned, bigger boot and 7 seats very handy. It's an impressive car and it all depends on how the pros weigh against cons for one's personal circumstances and preferences. I have definitely not ruled it out yet Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #445112 Fri Dec 12 2014 1:18pm
BKHK

Australia 

While my Lemon RRS was at the stealers for 3 months, they gave me a Pikey as a loaner. It wasn't an RRS (I was a bit off them at the time) but it was a great car. I enjoyed the utility of it at the time, it was very roomy (relatives staying) and comfortable (my old mum liked it) and although the handling wasn't as good it was fun throwing it around and watching other people's reaction!

Post #445120 Fri Dec 12 2014 2:37pm
SRE

Spain 

I have had a Disco 4 as a loan car whilst mine was in for a service etc, I must admit, it was nice, the ride was softer than my Sport, more than likely down to the tyre size, however you could get the rear end to drift out on corners the Sport would just take in its stride.

Anyway, Off Topic
Back to ADY and the like, do we have to be on our best behaviour Whistle or just treat him with the usual contempt. Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445123 Fri Dec 12 2014 2:54pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Bloody Yorkshire Mods, who'd have em Evil or Very Mad

nowt worse than a disgruntled person from Yorkshire, I say we start a petition to get Yorkshire Mods a Pay rise the boot

Sheep Sheep Sheep

Post #445129 Fri Dec 12 2014 3:25pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

BKHK wrote:
While my Lemon RRS was at the stealers for 3 months, they gave me a Pikey as a loaner.

Some people could get quite offended you know! Laughing Thumbs Up

I love my Discovery, I've had mine from new and I've never kept a car this long! 162,586 mostly happy miles in it.
Have thought of changing many times, but it gets heavily used for various things on and off road and the cost to change for me, just wasn't worth giving up our family history together.
Wouldn't have a RRS and the only reason is that I need/want/am used to the extra space in the boot and 7 seats when needed.

RRS will always have better handling as it sits slightly lower and is slightly more aerodynamic.
They are undisputedly siblings through and through though. The D3 being the big brother of course Whistle Wink Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #445132 Fri Dec 12 2014 3:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have bumped into this character on Disco and found him a bit prickly so not surprised reading his post and Martins response Rolling Eyes

Good hunting on the Disco BC - I'm tempted for my next car - thought about it before I saw the B.Ed Thumbs Up

Had 2 D2's - loved em and they've come a long way since then Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #445143 Fri Dec 12 2014 5:07pm
SRE

Spain 

Its amazing how a topic can drift, one minute we are taking about ADY 123 (note the 123 playing safe in case I get victimised) and the next minute were talking about BC and his Tarmac laying mates Whistle Thumbs Up In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445146 Fri Dec 12 2014 6:28pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

May be the mods can split the thread into 2? The Disco v RRS topic was bound to get more responses whereas the hijacked Embarassed topic was just trying to agitate Ady 007 (not saying there's anything wrong with that) which fewer people will be interested in Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #445155 Fri Dec 12 2014 7:07pm
SRE

Spain 

fkarim
What are you insinuating Whistle

Quote:
topic was just trying to agitate Ady 007 (not saying there's anything wrong with that)

Now who would do that Mr. Green on purpose Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445275 Sun Dec 14 2014 11:04am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Mr. Green Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #445301 Sun Dec 14 2014 6:38pm
SRE

Spain 

ADY is still with us Bow down I have just had an ar$e kicking for posting incorrectly.

Oh yes I was guilty, so can not complain Big Cry In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445336 Mon Dec 15 2014 9:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>