RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Salmon&permit

England 
New Hybrid

After many months and weeks of faffing around since my original RRS was nicked.....I am now proud owner of new SDV6 Hybrid. Have done a total of 7 miles so far, so unable to report much. Spent the short journey home and a few minutes afterwards checking everything was as it should be. So far, only thing that seems lacking is the screen showing economy and trips....the economy tips/driving style/trip computer seems to have entirely disappeared from extra features. Odd.

Anyone know if this feature is not available on hybrids....rather frustrating if this is the case, as will be particularly interested in economy on different journeys.....and was going to be interested how it compared to first SDV6 and the V8 I have been having fun in since August. FYI, in the V8, I did about 6,000 miles at a fraction under 20 mpg......about 12 in town and 21/22 on longer journeys.....while in the first SDV6 I did 12,000 miles and it did just under 20 in town and just over 30 on longer journeys, which worked out at a fraction under 30.

So - has this feature been removed, or do I need to go back to JLR to reinstall the software?

Post #444857 Wed Dec 10 2014 12:08am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

must be the first hybrid here congrats lets see some pictures Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #444871 Wed Dec 10 2014 7:06am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Congrats on the car. Is the Eco info available in the Extra Features of the touch screen? It may not have done enough miles to start recording. 

Post #444874 Wed Dec 10 2014 7:54am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

viper wrote:
must be the first hybrid here congrats lets see some pictures Thumbs Up
. Yes let's see it ! .....................please Very Happy

Post #444892 Wed Dec 10 2014 10:41am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Indeed.....yours must be the first Hybrid here!

Congratulations and I think we are all looking forward to hearing more about this one! Thumbs Up [/s] Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #444898 Wed Dec 10 2014 11:19am
Renaco

Germany 

Great, congratulations.

I ordered my Hybrid in October 2013, then I updated my order June 2014 and finally it seems I get it next week delivered.
My Garage told me it the car is built, but not delivered yet.

Please let us see Pictures of your Hybrid... Thumbs Up

Post #444909 Wed Dec 10 2014 2:00pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Hows the fuel consumption going lads? 2022 P440e AB

Post #447542 Tue Jan 06 2015 12:57pm
Salmon&permit

England 

Rather better than expected actually.

In the old SDV6 I had, I was getting 17/18 driving around Central London and 27-30 on longish motorway runs. Over the 12,500 miles I did before it was stolen, I think the average was 29mpg.

The new hybrid SDV6 is doing 22-24 in town and 30-33 on longer motorway / A-road runs....so just over 30 all in, which is better than the 29 I was getting in the non hybrid SDV6. That said, I have only done 1,100 miles so far, so it's early days.....but I am pretty impressed.

Given I have spent the last four months in a petrol V8, it hasn't been too bad returning to the diesel fold. The only slight disappointment is the pick up from being stationary and from slow speeds....where the car feels a bit slow to respond to ones throttle input.

What is impressive is the KERS/battery charging system under braking and when lifting off the throttle in normal out of town and motorway driving conditions. You really don't notice it, other than perhaps in the very final moment of coming to a halt when the combination of brakes and energy recovery can make the overall slowing effect a little more robust than you are used to. Other than that a very fine system and from the figures above, it really does seem to be having an impact on my overall MPG. Lastly, interesting to note that even when battery fully charged, it is only good for about 150-200m of electric only travel. While this feels pretty pathetic, it's overall impact on a 20+ mile trip does seem noticeable.

The only other issue I have had so far is that the eco and trip computer / visual data has completely gone from the dashboard display screen and this info is now only available on the screen in front of the steering wheel and with must less info. While the InControl App on my phone is an excellent source of information, I did like having it to hand on the main display.

Anyway, so far am enjoying new Hybrid, even if I rather miss rortiness of supercharged V8......but think head was right to back 30+ mpg as opposed to the 18 I averaged over 6,000 miles in the petrol monster.

Thoughts anyone?

Post #447577 Tue Jan 06 2015 7:27pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Pictures Bow down Bow down We want to see it.

Post #447589 Tue Jan 06 2015 8:49pm
Salmon&permit

England 

Pictures deeply unexciting - the only thing to set it apart is a small logo on the side of the bonnet, where the plastic flashes / detailing is. As it is currently covered from top to bottom in mud from this weekend's off-road antics while shooting, not sure you could even tell what colour and model it is! One track was about 300 yards of 2-3 foot deep liquid mud in ruts, which not only coated the sides, but somehow sprayed the roof too! In any event, posting pictures might also require me to learn some new technology!

Post #447626 Wed Jan 07 2015 12:06am
Renaco

Germany 

I would Love to see it exactly in this conditions... Wink
Polished cars all around.

My Hybrid is already at my Garage and I get it next Tuesday. I will post then mine, but it will be not covered with mud, hopefully...

Post #447718 Wed Jan 07 2015 8:03pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ooh, muddy hybrid RRS2 - now that's something worth seeing! Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #447752 Wed Jan 07 2015 10:03pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

OK, 6000 miles, 18mpg, 333 gallons, call it £2100.

6000 miles, 30mpg, 200 gallons of more expensive diesel, call it £1400.

£700 saving against the depreciation of the SC or the tens of thousands the hybrid will depreciate over say 3 years.

This doesn't make it a compelling case IMHO. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #447761 Wed Jan 07 2015 10:50pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I have to say that the advantage of the hybrid escapes me somewhat, especially comparing it to a regular SDV6 RRS2 which returns 32/34 mpg anyway. The hybrid costs another £6k, and I'm assuming the wear on the brake pads/discs will be higher. As for depreciation that remains to be realised, but the market for pre-owned examples will be more select - maybe they'll get snapped up if they sell at a similar level to 2nd hand SDV6s.

Post #447772 Thu Jan 08 2015 12:08am
Renaco

Germany 

It will defenitly have less brake/pad use, as the system generates the elecric energy/power mostly by re-charge the battery during the "braking" process.
But it is called braking process, as the electric engine generates a braking moment. This is positive as the normal brake discs will be less in use.

I can only speak for myself, is mostly the interest in technology and to get a good performance out of a, modern drivetrain. Think it is cool to park the car quiet in electric mode and to have always when needed V8 performance ready.

Also it could teach me to drive a bit "slower", maybe... Wink

Post #447846 Thu Jan 08 2015 7:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>