RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > RRS14 dead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thuram

Poland 
RRS14 dead

I own RRS14 since 10 months and today when I got inside the car and hit Start button, suddenly all dashboard went black and all I could hear is some click. In a moment dashboard got up and there was a sign something like: Battery Low, Start Engine - but when I tried again I got click and all black for good.

I had no devices plugged, no lights left on etc.

I called for LR Assistance and a guy arrived in 45minutes, who plugged some box to the battery, we started the engine and he stated that alternator is charging and that I have to drive it for half an hour to make sure battery is ok. Despite insisting to take the car to a dealer, he refused claiming "now car is runable". Ok so I wanted to drive to dealer and after 10-20metres the lights inside/outside/dashboard all went off for 1 second twice, which the guy saw and then he decided to take it. We drove outside the parking and wanted to leave the car there for towing, but after turning it off I couldnt close it as it completely went dead.
After 1 hour towing guy arrived and he also plugged to battery so we can put it on the towing car, but for some 30seconds we couldnt start it with lights on dashboard going crazy. Finally engine starts and I get multiple errors signs like: Auto suspension failed, Max speed 50km/h, etc.

Now car is gone to dealer, 2 hours later I got a mercedes C200 replacement, but still no info from Assistance, I called them and been told they will contact me tomorrow morning.

Did anyone have such failure?
I will keep updating you how the fixing is going - I hope its something simple and it wont become a neverending story.

Post #429685 Mon Jul 07 2014 11:15pm
UK Guy

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Sounds like an earth strap issue ! RRS HSE with a few extras & a
2013 RRS Autobiography

Post #430243 Sat Jul 12 2014 8:19am
Fighter3d

Italy 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Next time Buy a porsche cayenne

Post #455728 Fri Mar 13 2015 10:13am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

earth strap or alternator. Didn't someone mention there was a recall for the alternator wiring? Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #455730 Fri Mar 13 2015 10:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renaco

Germany 

Fighter3d wrote:
Next time Buy a porsche cayenne

My Panamera (33.000 km) did the same, but when I was driving on the Highway. the car electic/electronic went off, I could only bring it on the side road and it was "dead".

Totally dissapointing. They repaired the car and I got it back after two weeks. Nobody wanted to tell me what was wrong, so I sold the car in the same week.
Its not a good feel to have a car what is going off whilest driving, and its hard to drive without the servos for braking and steering.

Honestly, Porsche is not better than the rest of the premium car brands. The main plus for them is, they use parts from the Volkswagen Group (those are very good as they have to work because of the high Output on cars). Its much more easy, to take a good base and just use enginieers to update/tune this to a Porsche. Easy for them to update VW parts with the Budget for a Porsche selling Price.

JLR has to build everything from Zero and they cant use other platforms to "update" them.

Therefore, JLR delivers fantastic cars.

Post #455732 Fri Mar 13 2015 11:04am
ExpatPom

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Fuji White

Have had exactly the same experience.

First call out LR Assist jumped the car with a portable battery charger and told my partner to drive it for 30 mins to re-charge the battery.

Same thing happened again whilst driving the thing (luckily I told her to come get me so I could drive it around to charge it). Two hours later it was on a flat bed heading to the dealer.

Turned out to only be a lose connection to the battery. First LR Assist guy didn't do his job very well. No problems since (that happened in the first week of ownership so was very concerning!).

Think you'll find it is something similar and not a big issue. MY15.5 Fuji White, SDV8 HSE Dyn Stealth Pack
Gone: MY14 Fuji White, 3.0 TDV6 SE
Gone: MY10 Stornoway Grey, 3.0 TDV6

Post #455785 Sat Mar 14 2015 2:59am
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Bodsy wrote:
earth strap or alternator. Didn't someone mention there was a recall for the alternator wiring?

Just had similar problem and fixed under a TSB that replaced the battery monitoring system wiring harness with a later/modified part - that last bit is a quote from the invoice. LR PAID.

Post #455815 Sat Mar 14 2015 2:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1