RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Cold feet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Gal Dove

Cold feet?

Hi there. Now that we're finally getting some colder weather I've just started to notice that there seems to be a lack of hot air going to my front footwells on either side.

I've tried switching from Auto and directing the hot air just to my feet and turning the fan full up but there's no air blasting out from anywhere (apart from around where the dash meets the bottom of the windscreen - which I'm also not sure about as I'm only asking for air to the footwells...?0).

Has anyone else had any similar issues? If not, would one of you be kind enough to see how much air you get coming out in to the footwells if you set the air direction to just the footwells?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I'm not diabetic. Or Oscar Pistorious. MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)
1972 VW Bay Camper (cooled by the air alone!!)

Post #442876 Mon Nov 17 2014 11:45pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

I've noticed this too but as it's not been that cold as yet, I haven't had a play. I will now though!

Post #442947 Tue Nov 18 2014 7:04pm
top0cat

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had a look at this last night, did you also turn the temp up?

Mine seemed to work fine and was getting plenty of air flow to the footwell. What I did was:
Selected air flow to footwell on the 'climate' screen
Turned fan speed dial right up
Turned temp dial up

Hope this helps Thumbs Up

Post #443019 Wed Nov 19 2014 8:34am
KiwiCool

New Zealand 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Like Top0cat I tested mine the same way and it's working fine. Rod SDV6 (14.5) Corris Grey NZ Spec + door mouldings, mud flaps and tow bar
Also Audi A1 Sport + - (wife's rocket) and 1985 BMW 628 CSI

Post #443101 Thu Nov 20 2014 5:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

It's getting very cold here and i'm not overly impressed with the dash output...

I'll try the footwell next time 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #443154 Thu Nov 20 2014 6:08pm
Gal Dove

Thanks for replies. Car went in to Stratstones and they compared it to three other RRS's. Apparently all the same as mine which I guess just means that they're all poor. No recalls on the issue so just live with it.......or in my case, sell it and wait for all these little issues to be ironed out. Maybe. MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)

Post #443159 Thu Nov 20 2014 7:14pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Jan 7th this year I was having a whinge on this forum about the max fan speed on the RRS2 which seemed very feeble. Whether the fan is not powerful enough is not really certain as we haven't had any really cold conditions for 2 years. It may also be that the idea is to produce a more subtle input of air for a Range Rover, rather than a real blast. The RRS has as many air vents as the D4 but the Disco outputs far more air, but has more decibels. As for the Defender, put the selection to front air vents, and you can blow dry your hair in front of these....
On the RRS 2 hitting max heat on the top button, operates front and rear screens, and max front air to the windows, but kills the rear air con, but there is no extra waft imo.
Then, there is the issue of no standard pre heater as in the RRS 1and the D3/4. It is a £1k option. So, even at the current overnight low of circa 7 deg c , the SDV6 takes a while to get to a decent interior temp. I just leave it running for 5 mins before I jump in. What it would be like at -10+ remains to be seen. I complained to LR ref the absence of a Webasto pre heater, and they said it doesn't need one. There's an electric one....I guess they mean the glow plugs...
On the other end of the scale at plus 28 deg C, exterior temp, putting the max fan speed on to max cooling kills the climate stone dead. You have to restart the climate several times before it settles down and continues to run. Then, it is very effective and the cabin is cold even at 35 deg C. I guess the interior sensor is a bit faulty. Shutting the door at 28 deg C also stops the climate! I mentioned this last week to the dealer and said that they would not be able to replicate the fault as current temps quite unlikely to reach 28 deg c. However, when I collected the car after recall, the interior temps had been dialled to 28 deg C...doh!

Post #443165 Thu Nov 20 2014 8:32pm
Gal Dove

andman wrote:
It's getting very cold here and i'm not overly impressed with the dash output...

I'll try the footwell next time

Hi andman. To be clear; I'm just referring to when the climate is in Auto mode. I don't want to be faffing around redirecting the heat to the footwells in a £65k car when it should be doing it for me.

I really do find this to be a bit of an Emporers New Clothes situation. Is it crap....? Errr....yes it is. Really? Yes.
My commute is a stop/start 12 mile / 40 minute drive. The engine is well up to temp and I always deactivate the stop/start engine wrecking function before she's out of the garage.

A car of this calibre should be keeping me well and truly cozy from the get go, distributing the heat effectively, maybe even some executive relief - if the situation is conducive, at the lights maybe.

As mentioned above, it's still around 7 deg index the mornings here and my bloody feet are cold!!! What the hell is it going to be like if things get anywhere near proper winter temps??!! MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)

Post #443167 Thu Nov 20 2014 9:07pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Do you mean this sort of executive relief? Should keep your feet warm!

Post #443169 Thu Nov 20 2014 9:35pm
Gal Dove

She would indeed - but she'd be bloody freezing down there dressed like that!!! I'd have to reach my tartan blanket off the back seat for her!

Just knew I should've spec'd those wipe-clean rubber floor mats....!! Rolling Eyes MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)

Post #443175 Fri Nov 21 2014 12:20am
mikef

United Kingdom 

My first cold morning in my new RRS and I can only endorse what the OP has said. The cabin is very slow to warm up and the windows are very slow to clear (except for the heated windscreen which clears very quickly). It is slower to warm up compared to my previous L322 FFRR and this is very disappointing in what is supposed to be a state of the art design. Thankfully I specified Timed Climate which I didn't use this morning but which I will definitely be using in the future

Post #443501 Mon Nov 24 2014 12:54pm
Peterlondon

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I thoroughly recommend Park Heating to overcome these issues.

30 minutes of timed or remotely turned on heating before you even go out to the car in the morning and it's almost too warm.

One of the best extras for winter driving. MY2010 TDV8 purchased Jan 2017
MY14 HSE Dynamic 3.0 SDV6 sold Sept 2015
MY 2010 TDV8 sold April 2014
MY 2007 V6 HSE sold July 2013

Post #443544 Mon Nov 24 2014 8:54pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

+1 on parked car heating. Very Happy Regards

Malcolm

Post #443545 Mon Nov 24 2014 8:55pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

5.0 Ltr soon warms up! 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #443562 Mon Nov 24 2014 10:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I know it isn't much help but RR Evoque has the very same cold footwell problem, and in the UK owners cannot spec Park Heat either. We also have an electric PTC heater that warms up the rest of the cabin instantly as it doesn't use engine heat but there are still cold spots in the front footwells - even setting the heating system to manual direction control doesn't help it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #443785 Thu Nov 27 2014 10:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>