RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bumper scratched (on purpose it seems)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
Bumper scratched (on purpose it seems)

As above ... I don't think these types of scratches can be a result of a car bumping/rubbing against it. Quite likely it happened today because I didn't see the damage last night or this morning when leaving for work. However, there is also a chance some Censored did this while it was parked in one of the 3 car parks Mrs. used yesterday. If today, it must have been done on my driveway Shocked

I have been checking my Blackvue files to see if I can see someone approaching from the front and coming too close but haven't found anything yet. I only installed CCTV cameras at home on Sunday and one of the cameras is fitted with the car in clear view. I checked the system only to find that by mistake I had changed the configuration to NOT record, only monitor live video. Can't believe my luck Banging Head However, the optimist in me says this damage was probably a blessing in disguise to prompt me to correct CCTV config before something worse happened.

Still frustrated why would someone do this Sad We are always very considerate and don't do anything silly when parking the car. Leave as much space as possible either side, take up only one parking spot, never block anyone etc.

Do I need a full bumper respray? Any idea of cost, where to get it done in or around North or West London?

Click image to enlarge
 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #440965 Thu Oct 30 2014 9:04pm
mark.b

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

looks like the type of scratch you get when brushing against some brick work i have the same type of marks on my disco off roader

Post #440968 Thu Oct 30 2014 9:13pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Not too sure about that Mark. There were no coloured marks or flakes. Many years ago my Mrs. rubbed a car's bumper against a short wall while reversing and got clearly visible red marks in the scratches. This seems to have been done by something pointed and metallic with no paint coming off the object. And she is certain she didn't do it this time. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #440972 Thu Oct 30 2014 9:36pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Shopping trolley or similar? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #440976 Thu Oct 30 2014 9:46pm
gazzc

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

hi i would not paint the full bumper i would repair and paint the corner and 2k clear coat with fade out thinners approx cost 130 silverRRS 2.7 TDV6 22"WHEELS FULL COLOUR CODE,STEPS,REMAP..gone
Rimini red rrs 2.7 tdv6 steps. Full c code. Recon engine!!loved but!gone ,thank god !!
Gone rr sport supercharged. Loved but 11mpg !!!
current,triumph stag mk2...current bmw 325 sport convertible

Post #440978 Thu Oct 30 2014 9:57pm
chilly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

could be a push bike pedal about the right height.
think you'd get away with a smart repair mate i got my door done that was scratched and dents by some tw@t with there door and cost me think was 300 cash obviously that was up north though not landen prices only the dead truely know peace,
Bootneck its not a job its a way of life!

Post #440979 Thu Oct 30 2014 9:59pm
Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

I had the rear corner of my Focus RS bumper filled and sprayed / blended at Juchau (based in South Harrow). They've been there for donkeys years and they matched the Performance Blue metallic paint excellently.. you couldn't tell at all:

The damage had some nasty gouges underneath the fog light area after some ground gave way and the back fell into what was ultimately a trough. Cost me £150 cash.

Cheers..

Ian

Post #440984 Thu Oct 30 2014 10:08pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Shopping trolley or similar?

I wondered that too and am reviewing the supermarket car park footage from my dashcam.

gazzc, chilly, Ian - thanks. Doesn't sound as bad as I thought Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #440994 Thu Oct 30 2014 10:57pm
PEACHY

England 

What a Censored - I'd be Censored off but like you said its prompted you to sort your CCTV system out. IMO that can be repaired & blown in with ease up-to where the bumper turns on the corner Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #440995 Thu Oct 30 2014 10:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Ian H we have similar tastes in cars- I have one exactly the same!

Post #440998 Thu Oct 30 2014 11:09pm
Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

I part-ex'd mine for my RRS.. but had 2 great years with it. Bought it with 3,600 on the clock, sold it with 25.5k on it.. never missed a beat once. Was standard but for a decat and Mongoose system500 catback (fitted after the pic above.. that was taken midway through a 28 hour detail I did on it for Ford Fair 2013). Lovely car, but always wanted a RRS and unfortunately, funds wouldn't stretch to keeping both and my better half's Golf.. so it had to go.

Cheers..

Ian

PS: Sorry for the thread-jack fkarim.. hope you get it sorted.. definitely repairable without too much cost Smile

Post #441002 Fri Oct 31 2014 12:48am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

No worries Ian and thanks again for the recommendation. That RS looks well looked after so Juchau must be good if you say they are. I shall visit them soon. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #441012 Fri Oct 31 2014 8:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1