RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Your wheel upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Your wheel upgrades

I was looking through the gallery andI noticed that some of you upgraded to the stormer wheels or other aftermarket wheels.

I was just wondering what you guys ended up doing with the original wheels, did the dealer do a trade in or did you sell them?

If you sold them can you tell me what you got for them, I am going to be getting the standard supercharged wheels and would like to change them out. So I was wondering what I would be able to get for the original wheels.

Post #2298 Wed Sep 14 2005 2:40pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I've just been through this... dealer wasn't willing to trade them against the Stormers and just suggested I got rid of them privately. Ebay has quite a few sets of 19s for sale - but they tend not to make much money though, certainly not anywhere near the actual cost of the wheels. I guess the market is a bit saturated with the 19s as a lot of HSE owners seem to upgrade their wheels.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2299 Wed Sep 14 2005 3:17pm
djsaad1

The supercharged comes with 20's. I guess the best way is ebay, hopefully I will have better luck selling the 20's on ebay.

Post #2300 Wed Sep 14 2005 3:33pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Sorry, didnt spot that you'd said you had the standard SC wheels... I think the same logic will apply though. Ebay maybe best if you're dealer won't take them back.

Cheers
Steve 

Post #2301 Wed Sep 14 2005 3:41pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

This makes me happy, that everyone wants the Stormer wheels...why?

Well my standard 20" Supercharged alloys are going to be MORE unique than the Stormers as every man and his dog has been replacing their 19's and std 20's for them.

Soon it will be hard to spot a real S/C cos all the TDV6 HSE owners will be running on Stormers, whereas mine will stand out from the crowd as being a genuine S/C!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2304 Wed Sep 14 2005 4:16pm
djsaad1

I am actually looking to buy the overfinch wheels. But either way I see your point.

I just took a look on ebay for the 20in supercharged wheel, hopefully I will be able to get a price close to this for mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Range-Rover-Sport-Supe...dZViewItem

Post #2305 Wed Sep 14 2005 4:37pm
djsaad1

Just posted some pics in the gallery of the sport with the overfinch wheels that overfinch sent me. Check out the grey sport, I think it looks great with those wheels.

Post #2402 Fri Sep 16 2005 6:33pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

They're gorgeous wheels, but they're like £3.5k for a set, right? I'd find it really hard to justify that kind of expense on a set of wheels. Especially when you'll never make that money back come resale time.... In my humble eyes, the Stormers do it for me and are slightly more justifiable financially. But no doubt about it, djsaad1, your RRS will look great with them on.

RRUK has a point though - how much further on are we (esp. diesel owners like me) from the local teenagers who trick up their Corsas and Saxos with bodykits, massive spoilers and little blue neon underlighters? What are we TD6 owners saying: we couldn't afford a Supercharged, so here's my next best effort... Laughing Laughing

Cheers
Steve 

Post #2407 Fri Sep 16 2005 8:06pm
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Agree shmoogle - but for me on contacting overfinch it was nearer £4.5k for their wheels (ouch)... which I also cannot justif even though i think they are stunning (but would be worried going offroad then)..

Still waiting for the dealer to come back to me to see if my forthcoming tdv6 hse can be fitted with stormers from the factory but they could not even tell me how much extra this option would be and/or whether they would discount off the 19" 5 spokes - so I really don't hold out much hope ...

With regards to other upgrades to make the diesel more like the sc, there is an article in this months 4 x 4 monthly magazine ( i think it is this one) of some guy who has chipped his tdv6 hse by dms automotive and is getting sc performance and better fule economy - sounds too good to be true, but the article ended up concluding the reason LR did not do this in the first place is because it would cannibalise sales of the sc.. which would makes sense...

Last edited by smudge on Sat Sep 17 2005 4:43pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2414 Sat Sep 17 2005 1:16pm
RRUK

No matter what brand of car, there's always the die hard diesel fanatic who says they get faster performance than their petrol (typically more expensive and higher spec) brothers.

I take these with a pinch of salt, and I know there's lots of very good diesel engines out there with some good torque figures and low down boost, but at the end of the day they don't have the 'long legs' of the petrol and become wheezy much sooner.

I think it will still be some time before any stock diesel outperforms the petrol version... I think there is sometimes an element of the green eyed monster lurking in there too. Call me Mr Suspicious but... Shocked

I of course am way too biased as I have never had a diesel (wife has) and I am a dyed in the wool Petrol and specifically V8 engine fan from childhood days. I forego economy and frugality at the expense of pleasure and fun, and a little more money of course.

Let's not forget though that Diesel fuel is more expensive than Petrol (RON95) as it didn't take Mr Brown very long to suss out that more people are buying diesels than petrols, so, why not hike even more tax on Diesel...

Git. Evil or Very Mad L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2415 Sat Sep 17 2005 3:33pm
djsaad1

Overfinch qouted me 4800 for the wheels and tires. I looked on ebay the other day and noticed that the standard superchard wheels are selling for over 3000.

I plan to get the overfinch wheels shipped to the dealer and have the dealer put them on when the car comes in. That way I can sell the standard wheels for a pretty high price on ebay.

Hopefully this all works out, if not I guess I will have to suck up the price.

Post #2417 Sat Sep 17 2005 4:36pm
dubsac

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

djsaad,

Let me know how it works out with your wheel swap. I plan to do the same thing, although I am still debating the Stormers vs. Overfinch or other aftermarket wheels. Hopefully our cars will not arrive at the same time or else there will be more than one pair of standard 20" SC wheels for sale on eBay Wink

Post #3313 Thu Oct 13 2005 8:57pm
RRUK

Now that I've had my car for a while and washed it twice, having sopent some time on the wheels I have to say I love the standard 20" alloys, they are bloody tough looking!

They are chunky yet also make the car look light on it's feet. I don't want to change to Stormers, everyone seems to be doing that.

DJSaad, at least wait till you've lived with the standard wheels for a while before you ditch them I think you may like them! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3314 Thu Oct 13 2005 9:07pm
djsaad1

I already bought the overfinch wheels so its a little to late for that. I am planning on getting them switched as soon as the car arrives at the dealer, that way I can post them on ebay right away.

I like how the supercharged wheels look but there are 2 people that have supercharged rrs's in my area, I would like my car to be a little different then theirs.

Post #3315 Thu Oct 13 2005 9:12pm
RRUK

Fair enough! If you've bought them then get 'em on! Look forward to the pictures. Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3321 Fri Oct 14 2005 8:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>