RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Side Rubbing Strips
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mark_N

United Kingdom 
Side Rubbing Strips

Just been to see my dealer to finalise my SVR order and was surprised to hear that the Side Rubbing Strips - worthwhile in my opinion to provide some protection of the doors in car parks - are not ordinarily painted. I had assumed they would be installed body coloured and would be sprayed by the fitting dealer. Is that other people's experience or have you just left them black? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #439005 Fri Oct 10 2014 4:25pm
KiwiCool

New Zealand 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Mine were fitted by dealer and painted body colour. Just make sure that the fit them in the right place. There is someone on this site who has them fitted above the profile where they should be so not on the widest part of the door - absolutely useless if they're there to stop parking knocks but I suppose they must look 'pretty' to the owner. (Sorry I can't find the pic again in any gallery - will keep looking). Rod SDV6 (14.5) Corris Grey NZ Spec + door mouldings, mud flaps and tow bar
Also Audi A1 Sport + - (wife's rocket) and 1985 BMW 628 CSI

Post #439056 Fri Oct 10 2014 11:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Thank you, done some digging around and found that they are painted on an RRS, not on a Freelander, which was news to the dealer. The fitting instructions are clear enough where they should be located - to the mm - and the first step shows a picture of a spray gun... Mark

Post #439125 Sun Oct 12 2014 6:40am
Alex08

United Kingdom 

Dealer painted and fitted mine - you are not ordering unpainted, unfitted strips - you are ordering them fitted onto the car.

Dealer was a bit surprised by this though,....

Post #444415 Fri Dec 05 2014 12:13am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

"Providing protection for your door panels from accidental damage by adjacent vehicles. Painted in your vehicles’ body-colour, ensuring a premium finish and maintaining the overall aesthetics of your Range Rover Sport. This four piece moulding kit is sold in primed condition to be painted by your Land Rover Dealer."

Prices shown include VAT and dealer fitting costs. 

Post #444419 Fri Dec 05 2014 8:03am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, but the dealer fitting costs include painting by the local body shop, or so I understand, though why LR cannot supply them pre-painted, I have no idea, but then I have no idea why they can't provide deployable side steps as a factory fit option.

All the accessories have taken a price hike recently because they now include fitting costs where previously they didn't which was ideal for people like me who do a better job than some cack-handed dealer fitter on job experience. I haven't gone there yet, but I hope buying from, say, Dan at Duckworth will yield a decent saving. Mark

Post #444422 Fri Dec 05 2014 9:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1