RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Blew a fuse or something else?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

designboy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Blew a fuse or something else?

I was swapping all my bulbs to LED - which are truly worth the spend! Love them, but was on my last set on the back then tiny reading lights (do these come on when you beep open the locks?) anyway I replaced it, but it blew and now they both dont come on, is that a matter of adding a fuse and where would I find that fuse? 

Post #438675 Mon Oct 06 2014 9:44pm
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

They don't come on when you open the doors mate- just with the individual switches. Have you checked the switches are on? Or swapped the bulbs round?

Post #438750 Tue Oct 07 2014 7:29pm
designboy

Yes both mate, My other lights in the centre dont come on, yet they did even after the new bulbs were in (they looked amazing) but now its just the one light comes on. Does all three not normally come on? I'd be sad if not as they were super white!

Is the better way to change the lamps to disconnect the battery?

This is a pic of my fuse, not sure if I killed it or not Wink

Post #438758 Tue Oct 07 2014 8:10pm
designboy

Here is what I can read for to find which fuse it is, but I cant understand it enough ;(

Map Reading Lamps
The front and rear interior lamps both contain 2 map reading lamps. The BCU (C0662)
provides a feed to the front (C0355) and rear (C0357) map reading lamps on a pair of RY
wires. When any of the map reading lamp switches are pressed, the switch contacts close
allowing current to flow to earth on an N wire to illuminate the lamp.

INTERIOR ILLUMINATION
DESCRIPTION

General
Operation of the interior illumination LED's and lamps is controlled by the Light Check
Module (LCM). The LCM is located at the base of the RH 'A' post, and powers the LED's and
lamps when the ignition switch is in either the auxiliary or ignition position, and the lighting
switch is in either the side or headlamp position.
OPERATION
Power Distribution
Feed from the positive battery terminal (C0192) is supplied to fusible link 3, fusible link 4,
and fuse 53 of the passenger compartment fuse box (C0632) on an R wire. Fusible link 3
(C0589) and fusible link 4 (C0590) provide constant battery feeds to the LCM on R wires.
Fuse (C0583) provides a constant battery feed to the ignition switch (C0099 on Td6 vehicles,
C0028 on V8 vehicles) on an R wire. When the ignition switch is turned to the 'auxiliary'
position, current flows across the switch (C0099 on Td6 vehicles, C0028 on V8 vehicles) to
fuse 9 of the passenger compartment fuse box (C0585) on a PB wire. Fuse 9 (C0587)
provides an auxiliary ignition feed to the LCM (C2040) on a PY wire.
When the ignition switch is turned to the 'ignition' position, current flows across the switch
(C0099 on Td6 vehicles, C0028 on V8 vehicles) to fuse 4 of the passenger compartment
fuse box (C0585) on a G wire. Fuse 4 (C0587) provides an ignition feed to the LCM (C2040)
on a GS wire. 

Post #438760 Tue Oct 07 2014 8:24pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yes, thats definately a dead fuse. You must have caused the light fitting live wire to touch the body of the car and blow the fuse. I had this several times when changing the vanity mirror bulbs. Banging Head Try new fuse and should be all ok. If not, take fuse back out and turn the bulb round 180 deg refit fuse and see if all is ok. IIRC the rear map reading lights have very very short wires and i struggled gaining access to the fitting and keeping the wires intact to the fitting. Whistle

Post #438761 Tue Oct 07 2014 8:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
designboy

Thanks Andy! Thumbs Up I'd read that but my wires were super long Wink I'll get that fuse changed, it was the first fuse in the set think it ws F1 - but seemed to look like the lamps in the icon. I've now discovered my front passenger seat is gone too! I'm going to take that one out too and check it its a 35 fuse I see there is one for each side. 

Post #438774 Tue Oct 07 2014 9:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1