RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Confused.com Tip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
Confused.com Tip

Thought I'd share a glitch I found on confused.com website while looking for an insurance quote for my RRS.

After you have entered all the details and are presented with a list of quotes, you do not necessarily need to trust the prices you see in that list. Do not disregard quotes from popular insurers if they seem a bit higher than you would expect. Make sure you click the "Get Insured" button against the top few to be taken to the insurer's website. It is possible to get a pleasant surprise and see a lower price there compared to confused.com results. It wasn't doing it everytime/for every quote so if you do find a more competitive quote by this method, make sure to note down the quote reference if you are not planning to buy it there and then or are planning to take it to your current insurer for a price match. You may not find it again!

I found a much cheaper quote than my renewal price this way. It was a sister company and they were able to locate the quote using the reference and matched the price Thumbs Up We all know renewals are often inflated in a hope customers won't bother checking but this was quite a drop. Still too expensive compared to the numbers others post on the forum Big Cry

Post #437605 Wed Sep 24 2014 3:31pm
Andyjay123

Great tip. I didn't know that.
I used A Plan and saved £200

Post #437610 Wed Sep 24 2014 3:44pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Just replied to your post in the other thread. I did NOT use A-Plan in order to save £400+ Laughing

Post #437618 Wed Sep 24 2014 3:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1