RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Advice on RRS TDV8..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

peterg1965

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Advice on RRS TDV8..

Off to look at this beast tomorrow morning….any advice or tips most welcome…

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...?logcode=p

Is there anything in particular I should ask or look out for? I would be wanting two years LR Approved warranty - it was registered late Dec 09 so should be in the bracket of this.

I would prefer full premium leather, but this one has half leather and alcantara.

Post #437209 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:27pm
Andyjay123

It's beige!!!
Ha ha
My interior was as well. Got bored after a year so it goes in Monday to have it bespoked! Alcantara dash, doing doors, headlining, arm rests

Other then that looks a tidy car with low mileage

Post #437210 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:30pm
Andyjay123

Ps
Why not hold out for what you want

Post #437211 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:30pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

I like the alcantara. My last car, before the RRS was an A6 I bought new and I specced it with Alcantara and always liked it. Immediate warmth of alcantara on your bum with some luxury leather at the sides. It might not suit everyone though. This car is probably at Brock, very close to me. Hunters have been OK except for when I started looking for a car and went in in my scruff and they were rude. When they sussed I could afford a decent car they were nice to me.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. The car is very similar to mine and I love it, presently averaging 26 mpg on a mix of short and long journeys.

Post #437213 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:40pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Full service history, TDV8 turbos can be a major problem so make sure it has had lots of oil and filter changes.. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #437215 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:44pm
peterg1965

To be fair, I don't mind the almond leather/colour, i prefer light interior to dark.
It has Toyo tyres, suspect OEM would have been Pirelli Scorpion, not sure if this is a big deal or not.

positives to me are; the dealer is close, its low miles, approved warranty, facelift model appears to be a decent spec, but not sure what comes above the standard TDV8 HSE spec. The finance figures are pretty good to be fair.

Were there any changes to the TDV8 engine for the MY10 models? Are they less prone to the turbo failures, or should i not worry about that?

What kind of motorway and around town MOG should my wife expect? It really would be her car….for work travel and carting the dogs around.

Post #437217 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:45pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

...and get max possible warranty, preferably from landrover. I paid for an extra year so got two years total.

Post #437218 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:46pm
peterg1965

myfirstrrs wrote:
I like the alcantara. My last car, before the RRS was an A6 I bought new and I specced it with Alcantara and always liked it. Immediate warmth of alcantara on your bum with some luxury leather at the sides. It might not suit everyone though. This car is probably at Brock, very close to me. Hunters have been OK except for when I started looking for a car and went in in my scruff and they were rude. When they sussed I could afford a decent car they were nice to me.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. The car is very similar to mine and I love it, presently averaging 26 mpg on a mix of short and long journeys.

I live just up the road from Brock, i had a Disco 3 from them in 2005. Is yours a TDV8?

Post #437219 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:47pm
peterg1965

myfirstrrs wrote:
...and get max possible warranty, preferably from landrover. I paid for an extra year so got two years total.

I already mentioned that I would be wanting 2 years.

Post #437220 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:47pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

It is TDV8 but in the end I bought from Kentdale at Kendal, only because they got the car in that I want. Kentdale were pretty good. We are near Pilling.

Post #437221 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:50pm
peterg1965

I am just to the south of Lancaster Thumbs Up

Kentdale have a lovely FFRR 4.4TDV8, I enquired about it but it is just too far out of budget.

Post #437223 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:54pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

Kentdale lent me a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 for a weekend when waiting for my car to be ready, I totally fell in love with the car, the engine was incredible but too much money for me.

Post #437224 Sat Sep 20 2014 9:02pm
peterg1965

Sory, I checked again, it wasn't Kentdale in Kendal, it was Coniston that have the lovely 4.4 TDV8.

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2383913

Its £4K more than the RRS but the finance figures are massively different, which is rather strange.

Post #437225 Sat Sep 20 2014 9:08pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

peterg1965 wrote:
To be fair, I don't mind the almond leather/colour, i prefer light interior to dark.
It has Toyo tyres, suspect OEM would have been Pirelli Scorpion, not sure if this is a big deal or not.

positives to me are; the dealer is close, its low miles, approved warranty, facelift model appears to be a decent spec, but not sure what comes above the standard TDV8 HSE spec. The finance figures are pretty good to be fair.

Were there any changes to the TDV8 engine for the MY10 models? Are they less prone to the turbo failures, or should i not worry about that?

What kind of motorway and around town MOG should my wife expect? It really would be her car….for work travel and carting the dogs around.

Oh, dear. That is what the Evoke was made for, to get the ladys out of the mens sports and into their own vehicle. You need to man up, and tell her like it is Wink
 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #437255 Sun Sep 21 2014 6:57am
BKHK

Australia 

Very nice looking motor. Although many would disagree, I would stay away from the TDV8 unless you have BIG warranty, turbo failures are indiscriminate it seems.

I love the Alcantara, I have it on my X6 and its hard wearing and nice on the bum in the hot or temperate weather here. I would buy some seat covers though, it could get very dirty very quickly.

Post #437259 Sun Sep 21 2014 7:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>