RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Stratstones of Nottingham (Formerly Merlin of Nottingham)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Stratstones of Nottingham (Formerly Merlin of Nottingham)

This is my dealer, not my closest but still pretty local being only 15 miles away. I placed my order with them on the basis that I was being ruthless and just ringing around dealers within about a 60 mile radius to see what cars they had coming in that were available for sale and could have the spec altered.

Merlin (as it was at the time) said they had 2 cars coming in for September 05 delivery, perfect. I changed the spec twice, they didn't mind. I've only spoken to them over the phone and my salesman is Andy Fry. He seems a good bloke.

I had to had some stern words with the Sales Manager one day as they said they would take my £1000 deposit but after a month the money had still not gone out of my account. When I chased them and said I had also not received any of the brochures I asked for or an order confirmation and was concerned there was a chance I could miss my slot, they appologised and made ammends, recognising my point that there were at least 2 other dealers locally who were actively engaging me for my business and offering me 1st Edition cars for a July delivery. I told them I wanted to be assured they wanted my business.

To their credit they've been good with me. I'm 2 weeks away from delivery, the car is built and will soon be on it's way to them.

I'll let you know how my dealings with them progress.

Has anyone else had dealings with them and what did you think? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2287 Tue Sep 13 2005 5:09pm
RRUK

Update:

My car was delivered on time in the end, despite a few hiccups along the way and some sleepless nights.

I ordered a Supercharged with Privacy Glass and a towbar. Landrover forgot the privacy glass....so I had to plump for dealership fitted version which doesn't look quite as good close up. They agreed to do it for the same price though. (I should think so!)

With my car I got half a tank of fuel, a bottle of 'champagne' and I managed to get a set of rubber footwell mats too in the end. There was no free bottle of oil.

Within the first week I was back, due to a drifting problem, see other thread on that.
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366

First visit the service technician took my car around the industrial estate and said it was fine and that the drift was caused by the camber in the road. I was very sceptical. To their credit a guy called Steve Tait did say to me that by all means if I still feel it was a problem to go back, so I did, monday 9am.

This time I spent 4 hours there while they checked and adjusted tracking, took all my wheels off , replaced them with 19's and then did a 4 wheel alignment. This seemed to fix it.

Overall the service department treated me ok and they got it sorted, which is what counts, I am afterall not there to make friends. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3329 Fri Oct 14 2005 10:49am
RRUK

Popped in last week to have my bonnet dent quoted for (see other thread) and mentioned that my rear parcel shelf seemed weak, so we looked at their demo car, and it was very apparent mine must be broken, and always was.

Salesman Andy Fry just let me swap them over, no drama.

In hindsight though it annoys me that Landrover let a car go out the factory that was NOT built as per the build sheet (no factory privacy glass) and that they let it go out with a part that is clearly broken (It would not retract of it's own accord) If they can't take car of such simple things they can never expect to fully rival the likes of BMW, Porsche and Mercedes. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3809 Sat Oct 22 2005 1:25pm
RRUK

Customer Satisfaction Survey

Had this questionnaire come through the post today, thought a letter to the DP was in order, is attached in the gallery.

Here's the link if you wish to read it:

I'll let you know if I get a reply.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=0 L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Last edited by RRUK on Tue Nov 22 2005 10:05am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #5055 Thu Nov 10 2005 12:03pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I hope that you also copied that to Land Rover Customer Services at Solihull. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5065 Thu Nov 10 2005 12:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

good point, will send them one too L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #5077 Thu Nov 10 2005 2:15pm
Biggles

England 

Excellent letter,
I think it is time for me to put pen to paper (pc and printer).
I wonder if it gets filed in the bin though. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #5080 Thu Nov 10 2005 3:38pm
RRUK

I had a 'holding call' today from my salesman saying the DP is on holiday so he has not seen it, apparently LR had called them about it...Good!

So, next week I can expect a call from the DP himself to vent my spleen. I shall look forward to that. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #5387 Thu Nov 17 2005 7:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RR, have just been back to your letter to the DP and found a technical bulletin about HiFi systems that has answered one of my problems - looks like I need a software upgrade so I can insert a CD in the player! Thanks for posting that one. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5458 Sat Nov 19 2005 1:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

Outcome:

OK, As promised the Dealer Principal of Stratstone Gary Phipps called me this afternoon.

Gary mentioned he had read my letter, and also taken time to look at this forum to see what I and other members are saying about cars and experiences and was very understanding about my situation and the grievances I aired in my letter. (Let's hope they keep reading it)

He asked me what I would like to make up for it but to be honest, I am not a demanding type of customer. I could have demanded my car have the glass swapped for example (a slightly OTT demand I admit) but instead I asked for his opinion.

In the end they have agreed to reimburse me for the privacy glass, as it was not what I ordered. I was happy with this, as they have shown they DO react to customer grievances, they DO understand that we are a community who talks and have the ability to walk with our feet and our money. They are also going to get me two of the keyrings I wanted! Very Happy

He said he was keen to uphold the reputation of Stratstone and the fact they didn't turn round and say "it's your problem" I felt was very encouraging. I don't wish to seek out new dealerships for servicing and parts all the time, I'd prefer to build a good relationship with them, that's how you get the best from them in the end.

I think we can all agree that we are guineau pigs to an extent and bound to have some niggly gripes with our cars, how your Dealer solves them is the key.

A Much Happier Customer. Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Last edited by RRUK on Mon Nov 21 2005 10:21pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #5545 Mon Nov 21 2005 5:31pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

A satisfactory outcome Adam - Great news Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5548 Mon Nov 21 2005 5:42pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Excellent, RRUK.

Shows that at least your dealer is willing to listen to a customer with a quite valid issue to raise. Personally, I think they have got off lightly when you could have thrown the book at them but am impressed that you have managed this whole situation with aplomb and not got out of your pram at any time. I'm sure I would have upset the apple cart, so to speak, in an identical situation but I guess in reality that's not always the best way to deal with things. Good news! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #5550 Mon Nov 21 2005 6:05pm
RRUK

I think I have turned a corner with Strastones of Nottingham now. Since my first service and getting a replacement set of alloys, I can't quite put my finger on it but I get the feeling they are not quite as happy to entertain my warranty requests.

After the alloys were fitted I rang them the next day to tell them the alignment was out and it had a slight left drift again. I also said that I could not book it in as I was flying out to Argentina but would call to arrange a day when I was back. This was agreed as a good plan. When I got back, this was done,however they said it needed a 4 wheel alignment again and that Landrover were not prepared to pay for it as they thought it was my fault.

Needless to say I was not happy at this, I argued the point that it only needed the 4 wheel alignment becuase of the work they had performed in their workshops. Long story short, they agreed to absorb the 3 hours labour cost.

It goes in tomorrow and I asked them today if they could sort out the balancing on the wheels as this was also not right since the alloys had been replaced. They refused to pay for it and said it would cost me £90 !!!

I may be jumping to conlusions too early but I feel we're not going to get on for much longer. Oh well, it will ultimately be their loss if I want to replace my car at any point.... L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #48965 Mon Aug 14 2006 8:00pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Don't get me started on Stratstone Nottingham. I will never set foot there again.
Mine is booked with Sturgess tomorrow.
It is only going in for small silly bits but they were very keen to let me see what their service is like after I told them about my problems elsewhere.
They are also very keen to get a good write up on here and Disco3.co.uk, so we will see!
A salesman that I have spoken too years ago has said that there is a RRS HSE there for me should I need a car if mine is going to be longer than the while you wait that it is booked in for.

Post #48966 Mon Aug 14 2006 8:14pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Well so far so good with Sturgess Leicester.

Bits and bobs sorted on time and with no fuss.

Warranty man and service manager looked at my wheels as the silver paint is patchy in places, result four new wheels on order.

Hopefully they will be looking on here as I told them it would be good for them and us so Hi if you are.

Thumbs Up

Post #49115 Tue Aug 15 2006 12:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>