RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Park brake seizure.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ScottSH

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Park brake seizure.

Hello,

First of all, I'm new to the forum so, good day all!

Got my hands on a 2006 HSE back in July and it's a decent car so far, had a few things needed sorting but nothing major, until yesterday that is. As I engaged the parking brake, the car continued to move forward [on a completely level surface] and then there was a horrific screeching noise from the rear and the parking brake would not disengage, messed around for a while with re-starting etc. and even took the centre console up and attempted to disengage manually but nothing happened. Had to get green flag out in the end, who couldn't get it sorted so they then sent a big CF recovery loader to get the car onto. The car has now gone to the garage as it's still under warranty from the dealer. Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar? I'm no expert in mechanics but I'm fairly practical and I would say that it's some kind of motor failure and only seems to be on the O/S rear corner [Hence being able to limp it on to the back of the truck]

Cheers

Scottie, Newcastle.

Post #436654 Tue Sep 16 2014 11:04am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The EPB usually seizes because of lack of use. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #436691 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:17pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

instructions on changing/adjusting epb in the link in my sig. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #436696 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kruger8513

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I had this happen to me at 6 o'clock on a morning at the noise is very loud. Managed to get it to the garage I use ( four plus 4) based in Leeds. It was due to been open to the elements and needed a good clean out. £182 and the matter was solved. If the unit fails your looking at around £500 just for the part. Got told that you have to keep using it or it will happen again. Most people just leave the RR in park that is why it fails. Hand Brake on all the time now please. 👍👍

Post #442431 Thu Nov 13 2014 2:03pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I had an EPB failure on Tuesday. Engaged and then threw up an error message and red light. Managed to use the manual release; thanks to the forum for how to do so as LR don't say how in the book.

Turned out to be the NSR park brake shoes had failed - not worn but failed. Apparently they do so with age and mine were likely original items and thus 7 years old.

Replaced at £sillycost by dealer. Gulp! Big Cry

Oh, and I've always used the EPB for the last three years... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #442464 Thu Nov 13 2014 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1