RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Upgraded Exhaust Systems.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

PEACHY

England 
Upgraded Exhaust Systems.

I'm looking at the possibility of a more Sportier exhaust - too add to a remap - where do I start ? I have used the search function & found a few older threads but the kind of info I'm looking for is - any definite do's & don'ts - any suppliers - fitters based in the midlands ?

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #435855 Wed Sep 10 2014 10:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Try JE Engineering. Not Cheap, but they know their stuff.

Also check Twisted Performance for exhaust systems. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #435856 Wed Sep 10 2014 10:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

Thanks mate - Coventry ? - will make the call Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #435857 Wed Sep 10 2014 10:39am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Quicksilver advertise on Pistonheads but it doesn't mention the SDV6 Model Sad Let me know if you find a good throaty exhaust Peachy. I wouldn't mind one myself. Thumbs Up

Post #435861 Wed Sep 10 2014 11:11am
PEACHY

England 

Will do Ady Thumbs Up

Waiting on 2 returning calls - Proflow & JE Engineering Crying or Very sad

Couple of idiot questions - I'm planning on keeping the Sport for 3 years with warranty - 12 months approved warranty then 2 years extended - JE also service the Sports - as cheap as any local Stealership - does that effect any warranty concerns ? Also it's due it's first MOT - October time - does this again matter if I use a third party.

It's not about saving money - if I use JE they will service it for the next 3 years - basically this then shows any future owners its had a pedigree - history above the local idiots Evil or Very Mad & we all know how they can work Big Cry

Thoughts please Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #435862 Wed Sep 10 2014 11:25am
Beancounter_74

England 

Remapping or exhaust change will effect any LR warranty, lets face it, of they can wriggle out, they will do. Evil or Very Mad

Maybe don't post what you've had done one here for Pete to see Rolling with laughter ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #435864 Wed Sep 10 2014 11:59am
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Interested in exhaust & remap too. Let us know how you get on Thumbs Up 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #435865 Wed Sep 10 2014 12:03pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

You can have your Sport serviced/MoT'd at any VAT registered garage. As long as they use LR approved parts and consumables, it should not void the warranty. If you buy extended warranty from a third party like Warranty Direct and choose the level of cover that allows it to be repaired at a main dealer in case of a claim, they will require you to have the regular services carried out at a franchised garage too.

An undeclared remap has the potential to allow ANY warranty (or insurance for that matter) provider to wriggle out of a claim if they find out though. It may not affect it if the claim is totally unrelated to engine/gearbox etc. and the company acts fairly but who can guarantee that?

You should think about resale too. Most buyers would like to see FLRSH when considering a car of this value. Right or wrong and the fact that franchised garages *can* be incompetent too is a separate debate. I have never come across anyone who thinks main dealer service history is a negative thing when buying a car but many people will be put off if a relatively new car has been serviced by an independent garage unless they really know the indie or trust you saying good things about them. Plus they may also be thinking of future resale even if they agree with you. By going indie you could reduce your buyer pool to the extremes - people "in the know" and people who don't care. Again, whether that thinking is rational or not is a separate question.

Just my opinion Thumbs Up

Post #435866 Wed Sep 10 2014 12:07pm
PEACHY

England 

All above are very good points Thumbs Up I have a GFV of £25.5k - June 2017 - realistically this is still a large amount of money for a private buyer - who if interested would be looking at the things mentioned - FSH maintained by main dealers Thumbs Up

BUT - I have the itch - the power is not as good as I'd like into be Big Cry especially on pull away & the idea of a gurgling - throaty exhaust gives me Censored

Decisions - decisions Sad 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #435870 Wed Sep 10 2014 12:32pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Is upgrading to a facelift 5.0 supercharged a possibility? I have no idea about supercharged prices but RR1 SDV6 still seems to be holding its value better than I expected (at least looking at CAP, Glass and main dealer screen prices) probably helped by long waiting times of RRS2. May be you won't lose too much if you upgrade? That way you will get what you are after and it will be standard, no warranty/insurance concerns. Not a great option if cost to change to a petrol one is too high.

Post #435872 Wed Sep 10 2014 1:16pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Any updates on this topic Peachy? Alive tuning do remaps for the SDV6 and maybe able to fabricate you an exhaust, or know someone that will. Also a site sponsor. You could also try Milltek. Thumbs Up

Post #435999 Thu Sep 11 2014 3:34pm
PEACHY

England 

Neither company have returned my calls Evil or Very Mad I don't tend to have much patience with these kind of people Crying or Very sad

Alive tuning is just a little too far - may try them to see if they can recommend a local company ;( all in all very frustrating but everything for a reason Rolling Eyes 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #436004 Thu Sep 11 2014 3:54pm
SCdavies

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Mij exhausts Warsaw midlands. Custom made. life time warranty.

Post #436021 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:21pm
PEACHY

England 

Thumbs Up ^^^^^^^^^^^^ thanks - email sent Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #436022 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:39pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

I tend not to use a company that can't be bothered to return calls. Whistle I don't bother to chase them up either for a reply. Their loss. Mr. Green

Post #436024 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>