RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS SC Immediate delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
RRS SC Immediate delivery

I have been waiting for 7 months now to get my RRS (TDv6, HSE, Artic Frost) which is currently due for delivery on December 27th. This weekend I visited Kentdale, the LR dealer in Kendal to pick up a roof rack for our D3, and saw they had a RRS SC Rimini Red on the forecourt. That vehicle had just arrived (117 miles on the clock). Despite the fact that I have never been to that dealership before, they happily handed me the keys and off I went (unaccompanied). Took her up the A6 to Shap, which is a great road with a good mix of twisties and straights (with a beautiful backdrop). The vehicle behaved impecably, indeed it was more civilised than I had been expecting. No where near as fast as a Cayenne Turbo, but a great deal more comfortable and user friendly. I have to say I was sorely tempted to buy her (list price and I could have her immediately and Rimini does look good) but ....... the fuel consumption. I saw 8mpg for the first 10 miles (which I confess was "spirited" driving. Tootling her back the other 10 miles I averaged 13mpg. Sorry, but I couldn't live with that. It seemed to me that if you drove her at speeds that a TDv6 could easily manage you would get low teens fuel consumption (versus mid 20's in a TDv6). Of course you would have the option to go a whole lot faster for brief moments, but the cost in fuel and the extra £14k initial purchase price doesn't stack up to me. Am I missing something ....?

Post #2928 Tue Oct 04 2005 10:18pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

It's all about personal choice and how you like to drive and how much you consider it worth , how much enjoyment do you want to get out of it?

I went for the Supercharged because I LOVE V8 engines and the noise the supercharger makes is beautiful. So far I've been averaging about 18mpg, and that's just running it in, I think as time goes on and the engine loosens up and beds in, i'll be getting more than that.

The beauty of the V8 is the amount of low down torque which means you don't have to race it to move quicker than everyone else. In the majority of my driving so far after the first 500 miles I've enjoyed it no end but not had the charger going all the time.

On paper the combined mpg figures differ by 10mpg, not that much. In the UK diesel costs more than unleaded petrol so it's swings and roundabouts.

Personally, I am prepared to pay for a bit more fuel cost in order to really relish the driving experience of a smooth throaty supercharged V8 engine, put together with ALL the toys you need in a car. The Dynamic response is very clever and the total package is excellent.

Of course the S/C looks a nicer car with the 20" wheels and the interior is superb, you cant fault them for toys and gizmos. It's an eye catching car no doubt about that and I have been amazed by the amount of head turning this car getc.

Stratstone in Nottingham also havea Rimini S/c on a 55 plate, and yesterday it only had 300 miles on the clock, I believe it is list price, you could walk away with it tomorrow.

Hope you make the right decision! Wink L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2930 Tue Oct 04 2005 10:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1