Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > ADVICE: Newbie looking to purchase a RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 
ADVICE: Newbie looking to purchase a RRS

Hi everyone,
Introductions first; my name is Rich and I'm 22 from Birmingham. Currently in process of selling my beloved Audi TT for a RRS!!

Looking at the 4.2 S/C Sport HST at present with circa £18k at my disposal.
My question is this, when viewing potential cars what common faults should I be looking for? And at what miles will the big jobs such as belts and water pump etc need replacing? What should I be looking for in service history in terms of work carried out on the kind of cars I'm looking at. (Between 30-65000 miles, and 06-09 plates)

Thanks in advance for your helps, and sorry I I have posted inthe wrong section!!! I'm a complete newbie on this site haha!!

BW, Rich

Post #435962 Thu Sep 11 2014 12:07am
BKHK

Australia 

Hi Rich

The best advice is to do nothing for a month and conduct a thorough read and search of the forum including a buyers guide somewhere. All the info is on here from 2006 (I only came here in 2008 myself) I don't have an RRS anymore, but I have had a couple, still love them but am enjoying the Teutonic efficiency, warranty, free servicing, great performance, polarising looks, reliability, cornering ability and rarity of a new X6.

I also enjoy some fun, controversy and mate ship on this forum.

So, hang around a bit, have a read, look at lots of cars, the buy an RRS. BUT, don't rush.

Post #435996 Thu Sep 11 2014 1:37pm
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the reply, viewed a few so far and been following the forum from a distance for a while. Thought now was the time to pipe up!!

From what I can gather the 4.2 petrol is very robust and as long as it is well maintained and all parts replaced on time fingers crossed shouldn't give too much grief? Obvious signs I'm looking for are corrosion on undercarriage, door and sunroof seals, paint around lettering, smooth compressor function on air bags and no obvious knocks creaks etc from bushes?

Sound about right to people? Test driving a lovely 56plate HST Saturday with full service history, 61,000 miles and 2 year warranty from stratstone. Looks like a beauty so fingers crossed it lives up to my expectations!!

Post #436023 Thu Sep 11 2014 6:44pm
PEACHY

England 

Welcome to the forum - you have identified the foundations to find a decent Sport but there are plenty more Big Cry I had a 4.2 for over 3 years. Absolutely awesome - any problems was generic to the range ( excuse the pun Rolling with laughter ) not the individual model Bow down do you have any links to the possible purchase Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #436026 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

This is one o them, viewing/testdriving this one at the weekend...

http://m.stratstone.com/search/VehicleDeta...4-PE56NNU/

Opinions/comments/advice??

Cheers

Post #436032 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:30pm
monty19

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks a nice car, I'd change the wheels to 20 inch much better drive and less grief on the suspension

Post #436034 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:52pm
PEACHY

England 

Colour is different - exterior looks totally original Thumbs Up grill - side vents - bumpers & badges - all as should be. The Alloys are not the originals - cant tell if they are copies or original Overfinch ( I think ? )

Concern - check out the lettering on the bonnet - it's not correct - either been removed to be cleaned professionally & not put back correctly or something more sinister.

Is that the dealership on the corner opposite the Chinese restaurant & traffic lights in Erdington ?

Good luck Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #436037 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

What exactly is wrong with the lettering so I can inspect further?! And are these alloys 22" then? I couldn't work that bit out!!
Thanks again everyone!!

Post #436040 Thu Sep 11 2014 8:18pm
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

And yeah it is that one although its classed as Sutton cold field on the ad lol

Post #436041 Thu Sep 11 2014 8:19pm
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

Also I'm guessing the rear tailgate has been debadged? As I seem to recall others I've viewed as having the lettering on back also?

Post #436042 Thu Sep 11 2014 8:22pm
PEACHY

England 

The HST kit never had the RANGE ROVER lettering on the lower tailgate trim Thumbs Up

Google ' Range Rover Sport HST Front images ( for some reason I can't download pics on my IPad Big Cry ) it's a little higher from the bonnet line where it meets the grill & the gap between RANGE & ROVER is too big Crying or Very sad the number plate should also live on a plinth which I can't make out on the pictures.

It is a good looking example Thumbs Up

please forgive us anoraks Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #436050 Thu Sep 11 2014 9:01pm
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

Haha no no don't apologise!! This is the level of detail I admire and was hoping to find on this forum!! Such a car deserves to be done over with a fine comb!!

My previous Audi TT was like a metronome, never missed a beat, haha proper little perfectionist with my ars me haha!! So again thankyou for the feedback! I will inspect at garage and ask for it to be re lettered Apropriately!!

Post #436053 Thu Sep 11 2014 9:14pm
PEACHY

England 

If you have access to a printer - take a copy & take this along with you - excellent advice & a cracking piece of work. Nothing really to add for the petrol version Thumbs Up

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...uide~0.pdf

Any problems walk away & seek advice - you can always go back Thumbs Up

Good luck Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #436054 Thu Sep 11 2014 9:30pm
Kirbzz_11

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all your help peachy!! All going well over the coming weeks I look forward to seeing you at some meets or something!!

Post #436055 Thu Sep 11 2014 9:40pm
PEACHY

England 

Your welcome & again good luck Thumbs Up have a look at my gallery - if you see me around give us a wave Laughing

Don't forget to order your RRSport.co.uk sticker - a must for all the Loved RRS Bow down 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #436056 Thu Sep 11 2014 9:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>