RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > How do you avoid utter confusion over options ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Ruperts Trooper

England 
How do you avoid utter confusion over options ?

Went along to see the RRS2 today and still want one!

But I can't get my head around having to do everything online - as there's no printed brochure for a £75,000 car!

Maybe JLR just don't want any older customers any more - I guess "old money" isn't worth much.

Post #435062 Wed Sep 03 2014 11:54am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Dealers should still have brochures 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #435064 Wed Sep 03 2014 12:35pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

When I asked for one I was sent a weblink. Regards

Malcolm

Post #435071 Wed Sep 03 2014 1:21pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Typical don't think they like to give them out save money by just telling you to go online 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #435090 Wed Sep 03 2014 4:54pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Call customer relations... get one posted ...

and then go along and sit down with your dealer and spec it up over a nice cuppa 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #435378 Fri Sep 05 2014 10:07pm
Ruperts Trooper

England 

Well, I resolved the issue - I got a VW brochure and ordered a Touareg saving £30,000 - and it's "old-fashioned" enough for old geezers like me that don't want integrated touch-screen control of everything, it has buttons and knobs.

Post #468221 Wed Jul 22 2015 6:34am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

I completely agree on this and I'm not that old a geezer. I would like a hard copy brochure when I'm ordering a car of this quality/cost. I found very little pleasure in the sales process.

Post #468225 Wed Jul 22 2015 9:19am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You used to be able to request the brochures from LR's website but TBH I haven't looked lately and I gave up with my request for one when I was asked for a heap of totally irrelevant info - all they needed to know was the address to post it to but I was asked a heap of questions about when I might buy, what kind of car I was driving then etc etc totally unecessary for obtaining a brochure. The other reason dealers might be loathe to part with them is that i think that they now have to buy them from LR.......... I agree I am not a fan of the PDF versions - mostly because the colour rendition on most screens or in the PDF is crap and looks nothing like the colour on the car/ fittings 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #468240 Wed Jul 22 2015 12:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Retailers are able to provide Hard Copy brochures for each of our products and I would suggest discussing this with your sales advisor at your local Land Rover approved retailer.

However, as an environmentally conscious vehicle manufacturer, Land Rover are constantly improving on the efficiency of our vehicles year on year to reduce their impact on the environment. In addition, one of the other steps that Land Rover have taken is to reduce paper usage in relation to hard copy brochures and offer an alternative in the form of the eBrochure. As many of our customers now opt to obtain a digital copy of our brochures, Land Rover are now only producing hard copy brochures where necessary to reduce waste.

Should you require an eBrochure, these can be downloaded from the Land Rover site.

If you are having concerns with your local retailer or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me with your contact details as well as the name of the retailer and the details of your concern.

Many thanks,
Pete Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #468242 Wed Jul 22 2015 12:14pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Hmm that might be the theory but in practice my dealer just said sorry we don't have any brochures. I had to faff about downloading the e~brochures after providing far more information than necessary which then meant I was repeatedly called by sales people even after I'd ordered a car. I then had to print them out on my home printer so no paper was saved and the color and quality of the printing was cr@p. As mentioned above at Porsche and Bmw I left with a pile of quality brochures. I've said it before and I'll say it again considering the price of the product the sales experience for me has been very poor.

Post #468248 Wed Jul 22 2015 12:44pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

When I first went to my dealer in April to order my car they had brochure but when I went to confirm the final spec they shelf was empty.

Perhaps due to model year upgrades and changes to spec so the April one was old and now outdated and thrown away but no new ones ordered

It didn't put me off ordering but the process of ordering I think is really poor and mistakes are easily made on the spec sheets which it look 5 attempts to get correct from my printed build I did online.

Hopefully the car turns up correct

Post #468271 Wed Jul 22 2015 8:23pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I picked up an MY16 L494 paper brochure from Harwoods Croydon earlier this week.

Post #468275 Wed Jul 22 2015 8:46pm
wilf

Rupert - seriously, you cannot really have wanted a RRS, if you then went and bought a Toureg - chalk and cheese springs to mind.

DrDill - wait 'til you spec a Cayenne to match the equipment on a RRS, then tell us the eventual price. I tried it and realised that EVERYTHING is an extra on a Porsche. And EVERYTHING costs an arm and a leg. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #468281 Wed Jul 22 2015 9:19pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Like wheels, carpet, ... 

Post #468289 Wed Jul 22 2015 10:38pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Last time I looked, there are something like 150 options on a basic Cayenne. Always better with Porsche to start with a higher spec model. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #468474 Fri Jul 24 2015 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>