RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > How do you avoid utter confusion over options ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

ilard

United Kingdom 

My rant of the day: limits on printed brochures when peddling an expensive, luxury, 2.5 tonne car is corporate clap trap gawn mad. Evil or Very Mad The astonishing environmental impact of designing, testing, manufacturing, upholstering, shipping, running, and finally decommissioning an RRS monumentally dwarfs the environmental impact of ~200 glossy brochures per car sold in the same way as our mighty Sun dwarfs an icy pimple on everyone's favourite exo-planet, Pluto. Rolling Eyes

So more likely some intern made a mistake when ordering the last print run. Or, the bean counters are running the asylum. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #468487 Fri Jul 24 2015 10:11pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Mark_N wrote:
Last time I looked, there are something like 150 options on a basic Cayenne. Always better with Porsche to start with a higher spec model.

Interestingly, I like the idea of being able to start with a lower spec and just add the bits I want. The most important thing for me is the seats, specifically that they are fully adjustable so I can get them to my back's liking. All too often, the decent seats aren't available in the lower specs. In Porsche's case, you can add decent seats to a lower spec car. This is a good thing.

I'm not bothered about entertainment systems (a good radio/cd player is enough), or internet-connected apps or bling interior "mood lighting". I want a comfortable place to spend several hours at a time. And the comfortable place should be surrounded by a capable vehicle. All of the bells and whistles are just there to capture the "mine has more toys than yours" types.

Amusingly, the most comfortable seats - for me - I've ever had were in a Suzuki Swift Sport. Just seemed to suit my back. And the car was a capable little warm/hot hatch. Real good fun to chuck down a twisty country lane... Whistle

Horses for courses, I guess. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #468515 Sat Jul 25 2015 11:02am
aks

United Kingdom 

I went to a dealer today, and they said "no printed brochures are available, download a pdf". I told him I wanted a hard copy and he said LR do not print anymore. That was Lancaster Welwyn.

Post #468574 Sun Jul 26 2015 1:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12