Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2010 steering wheels in pre 2010 Vehicles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue
2010 steering wheels in pre 2010 Vehicles

It has taken me and BBS, my company, nearly 4 years of extensive effort and development, but finally we have recently released a conversion kit that provides a way to fit and use the later 2010 onwards steering wheel and swich packs on an earlier pre 2010 vehicle.

It is already creating quite a stir and a lot of current interest on the D3 Forum as can be seen on this thread

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic44385.html

There are also additional modules for this conversion that cater for Heated steering wheels, adding Paddle shifting and even for the additional ACC version of Cruise control as typically found on Supercharged Range Rover Sports.

I am currently offering an introductary discount of 20% until the end of the month on this for all established members on any of Martins forums, including this one, details of which can be found on the D3 thread i have linked to or feel free to PM me or post any questions here for further details.

Last edited by BBS SPY on Fri Aug 15 2014 2:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #433228 Thu Aug 14 2014 7:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

Very Happy a few weeks too late for me - upgraded to a newer Sport in June but can honestly say - anybody thinking of upgrading - this has to me among the top 3 modifications to a RRS Thumbs Up

Well done & thanks for the hard work put in Bow down 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #433233 Thu Aug 14 2014 8:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

27 pages about this on the Disco 3 Forum, however I think for the price / costs you need to go to page 26 and lok at Narpys post / question
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/posting.php?...;p=1324589

Does sound good though In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #433266 Fri Aug 15 2014 8:06am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Steering Wheel Upgrade

Just spent the day doing this upgrade, well pleased with the result everything works, heated steering wheel, flappy paddles, audio, phone etc. Cruise Control works but not to sure about the ACC bit. It works but when I try to adjust distance it comes up with Driver Intervention then the cruise control doesn't work and have to stop, turn of ignition and restart the car and all works fine again. I think the problem is me though not operating it correctly, guess better read the book.

Added bonus was the wiring for the heated steering wheel was already there, just had to plug it in the only thing is I have to try and work out is which fuse controls it as no icon in book or fuse box cover, may have to pull one fuse at a time until I discover which circuit it's on.

Tomorrow's project fit the Blackvue LCD touch screen in car camera I bought.

Cheers
Col

Post #435460 Sat Sep 06 2014 7:04pm
PEACHY

England 

Well done that man Bow down Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #435464 Sat Sep 06 2014 7:10pm
m40cca

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

How much is this conversion
Thanks

Post #436279 Sat Sep 13 2014 10:00pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Steering Wheel Upgrade

ACC/Cruise Control now working exactly as it should thanks to Colin and BBS plus a small input from myself with a soldering iron.

m40cca have sent you a pm.

Cheers
Col

Post #436345 Sun Sep 14 2014 4:23pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

The base conversion kit, AC031 is £107.61 + VAT,
If you have a heated Wheel then you will also need the Heated wheel add on, AC032 @ £25.17 + VAT
If you have Adaptive Cruise Control then you will also need the ACC add on, AC033 @ £25.17 + VAT
If you wish to add Paddle shifting then you will need the paddle shift add on AC034 @ £104.14 + VAT
all plus P&P @ approx £20.00 + VAT

Of course then the requiste Steering wheel, switch packs and Paddles from a Dealer, Breaker, Ebay or forum member.
Note that the wheels and switch packs are interchangable between a D4 and 2010 on RRS, and the switch packs are also interchangeable with a 2013 on FL2 but the wheels are not as the mounting is different.

If you are retro adding a heated wheel then you will also need a Heated Clock spring

Hope this helps

Colin

Post #436346 Sun Sep 14 2014 4:28pm
HAWKE Styling

United Kingdom 

Hi all - We have the perfect piano black steering wheels for this project as posted in a previous thread @ £139 (on clearance) including shipping. http://shop.sixonetwo.co.uk/search/steering%202009

It's just the steering wheel itself - so you'd need to source the controls separately, and Colin's kit of course Thumbs Up

Here's the thread link: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic33786.html Site sponsor and online seller of Range Rover Styling accessories and HAWKE Alloy wheels.

http://shop.sixonetwo.co.uk/range-rover-accessories

www.hawkestyling.com

Post #441587 Wed Nov 05 2014 5:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1