RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > After Market Sat Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Robbiemyboy

Australia 
After Market Sat Nav

The RRSport i've bought has a single CD player and no bluetooth phone kit. Does anyone recommend any aftermarket sat Nav that includes Bluetooth? i know of a couple of models on the market such as the Tomtom. Any comments would be gratefully recieved. We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #53617 Thu Sep 07 2006 9:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tom tom's the only one i know of RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #53618 Thu Sep 07 2006 10:03am
ddazzler

Australia 

If you find onelet me know. Have a mate with a Parrot 3200LS car kit fitted in his RRS (looks great) that includes GPS (to communicate with PDA loaded with Navman software).

I want blutooth for my Atom phone but also want nav with a screen that can hook up to reversing camera. Any ideas?

Post #58704 Fri Sep 29 2006 12:44pm
Robbiemyboy

Australia 

Hi

Well now i have the Tom Tom 710 fited permanently into the Sport. It intergrated with my O2 and my Nokia. It has full Blue Tooth as well as a superb Sat Nav. The voices are loud and clearm my contact list (over a 1000 enteries) are all uploaded. I paid $999.00 fitted. Thats all i NEED. I mat WANT something later on. After market sensors with an isolation switch are about $290.00 fitted. You'll pay about $500 for the camera, but the screen wont be that of the Sat Nav. You'll get something else. We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #59110 Sun Oct 01 2006 8:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ddazzler

Australia 

RMB. Did you mount it in the space the factory screen goes and when you say permanently mounted, can you remove it at all (I'm not sure what mounts they come with)? how do you find the BT with the atom - my current Supertooth kit is crap.

Post #59144 Sun Oct 01 2006 11:40am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Heh Robin. Would be interested in the details mate as I am thinking of doing the same. Was it fitted at a local electronics shop or a Strathfields etc?

Cheers....Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #59217 Sun Oct 01 2006 1:14pm
Robbiemyboy

Australia 

I used the genuine factory kit it comes with for fitting. I can still remove the unit itself if i want to, it just clips off. The base and wiring are permanently fitted. To do this they removed the rubber mat located in the void and then drilled through with the fittings and wiring. It is a VERY neat job. The Tom Tom is quite small and allows the rest of the void to be used for sunnies etc. The screen can be adjusted infinitly for a perfect fit. The blue tooth is the best i've had. Is works well, has clear screen shots, a easy to use QWERTY keyboard. Its everything i hoped for. Like i said i have an 02 atom and its bloody hard to get anything else to work with it. COMPUWAY the system was installed by Advanced Radio in Brisbane. They were very professional, they tell me that behind and below the radio there is heaps of space for all manner of accessories. I would suggest speaking to the dealer and asking who they would recommend. If you give me an email i'll punt you the photos. robin@sicada.com.au We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #59394 Mon Oct 02 2006 12:13am
ddazzler

Australia 

Hi Robin, Sent you an email. Thanks for the info.

Post #59396 Mon Oct 02 2006 5:41am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks mate. Thumbs Up Have emailed you.

Cheers....Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #59689 Tue Oct 03 2006 4:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1