RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension height when parked - update...further update...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Leasky

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Suspension height when parked - update...further update...

Noticed last week that the wife's car (2011 RRS) was sitting lower on the drivers side when parked. Measured the difference and it was an inch higher on the passenger side (front and rear).

Put the car back into Peter Vardy in Aberdeen (under warranty) to have the issue resolved and got the car back after 2 days and I was told that the suspension had "forgotten" where it was and had been reset.

I noticed today that the car appeared to be sitting lop-sided again and a quick measurement has shown that all 4 wheel arches are actually at different distances from the road (measurement taken from underside of apex of arches to plumb line directly below to my level drive).

I shall be contacting Vardy again tomorrow morning and expressing my displeasure. Can anyone here let me know what the issue may be so as I may be able to smell the bull- Censored when it comes my way from Peter Vardy in the morning.

Thanks in advance,

Colin. Leasky.

Last edited by Leasky on Fri Aug 22 2014 7:53am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #432252 Sun Aug 03 2014 7:06pm
PEACHY

England 

Colin - are there any issues whilst driving ? Sometimes mine can look a little lopsided & it can be frustrating but it does not effect in any way the driving or safety ?

Peachy. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #432254 Sun Aug 03 2014 7:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leasky

Yes, wife was out in it this morning and stated that it is pulling to the right and feels "heavy".

I can't drive at present following a motorbike crash.... Crying or Very sad Leasky.

Post #432255 Sun Aug 03 2014 7:58pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ride height sensor or valve block issue probably. Possibly a corruption of the ride height calibration. Could be a compressor issue.

Luckily it's under warranty although it's still annoying having to keep take it back to the dealer. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #432266 Sun Aug 03 2014 9:13pm
Leasky

Thanks for the replies and the information guys.

That's the car booked back into the dealer for tomorrow morning, so I shall wait and see what wonderment they are able to perform this time.... Leasky.

Post #432291 Mon Aug 04 2014 11:46am
Leasky

Well, after the car being in Peter Vardy, Aberdeen for 4 days; I am disappointed to say that I still don't have it back and I am yet again underwhelmed by the apparent lack of Customer Care displayed by that franchise.

I met with the new Sevice Manager yesterday. He is a nice guy and certainly means well but I fear he has a mountain to climb if he intends to change the evident mind-set within that company.

The incumbent was gracious enough to admit that mistakes had been made and that a quicker and fuller understanding of the suspension issue should have been forthcoming. He went on to apologise for the lack of timely communication and the lack of a courtesy vehicle; he sourced one thereafter.

He continued to point towards an apparent break-down in the internal communication chain between the service desk (job card) and the actual technicians doing the job and that he intends to make amends to reduce this occurance and try to empower the techs to "think for themselves" when it comes to sourcing a fault. All this despite the fact that I had conveyed all the information possible regarding the fault as well as the 4 points of potential failure which were kindly furnished to me on this forum.

I have no idea as to the historical process which was followed but it certainly didn't appear to be free-flowing and things appear to have been allowed to come to a stop with little to no alternative thinking as to what else may have caused the fault.

Subsequent phone calls from their Service Dept telling me that the issue was resolved, all proved to be no more then wishful thinking and an attempt to fob me off with a statement which was simply incorrect.

All in all it's very frustrating and I will not be getting the vehicle back until at least the start of next week.

I would be interested if it's just me who has been lucky enough to receive this type of service from Peter Vardy Aberdeen or if others have had a similar experience? Leasky.

Post #432660 Fri Aug 08 2014 2:55pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Speaking to a lot of new customers up in Aberdeenshire over the last few months.

Not a lot of people have anything positive to say about PV...

Post #432665 Fri Aug 08 2014 5:08pm
Gaz

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had a similar problem 6 weeks after purchasing mine from a main dealer in Bristol.
Mine was absolutely fine until parked up overnight.
When I returned to it in the morning, one side had dropped down.

They replaced the air suspension valve block and it's been okay since......touch wood.

From what I've been told, there are quite a few intricate bits in there like valves, springs, O rings, potentiometers etc they adjust the four corners.
Sometimes they wear or get stuck.

Gaz.

Post #432753 Sun Aug 10 2014 1:22pm
Leasky

Got the car back on Monday after they (eventually) identified and replaced a faulty OSF air valve and air spring.

Yesterday I received a written break-down of the process which the garage followed to trace and identify the issue and the related time-line. Albeit I feel that they took too long in this fault finding process, I cannot fault the openness and honesty of the new Service Manager and his "warts and all" approach to the historically flawed Customer Service aspect within the dealership. His "cards on the table" attitude is very welcome and I hope he has success in spreading his mind-set throughout the garage.

The car appears to be sitting level and I hope that the issue truly has been resolved. Leasky.

Post #433185 Thu Aug 14 2014 9:12am
Leasky

Updated again.....

Well, it looks as if I was speaking too soon; the wife was driving home on Thursday when she became aware of a burning smell and a pulling to the O/S.

She got home and I looked at the car to see that the O/S was again down by about 2 inches and there was a hellish smell of burning from around the F/O/S wheel arch.

I again contacted Peter Vardy on Friday morning and the Technical Manager came to my house with a replacement car (brand new Vogue), and took away our RRS. He was loathed to comment on any work which "May or may not have been completed to the correct standard" and refused to be drawn on the rumours that Peter Vardy have lost 6 Mechanics / Technicians in the past 3 months and have been unable to replace them.

Anyhow, they have the car back again for the third time in less then 3 weeks. All very frustrating, albeit the new Vogue is a lovely vehicle.

Can I ask if this protracted repair process is usual? Am I being too demanding? Am I expecting too much? Is there anyone else having similar issues with Peter Vardy Aberdeen at this time? Leasky.

Post #433478 Sun Aug 17 2014 11:13am
Leasky

Further update....

Well, the saga continues: I got a call from the Technical Manager on Wednesday telling me that he had identified an air line on the OSF which was the issue and he intended to replace it. I informed him that it had already been replaced and his reply was for me to disregard any work which had been previously done on the car. I found that to be a very strange statement.

I received another call yesterday from the Customer Service Manager who went on to contradict the statement made by the Technical Director and insisted that all previous work / repair was good.

What kind of confusion must be present for two such conflicting statements to be made by separate senior figures within this company?

I still don't have the car back as they both now state that they require the vehicle for at least another 4 or 5 days to "continue the fault finding process". I find it all pretty remarkable that it has taken so long to attempt to fix an issue which only really has a multiple of 4 or 5 causes.

I asked the question last week and didn't get a response so I shall ask it again; is this normal? Am I expecting too much? Should it be taking this long to find and fix a fault like this?

All constructive comments welcome. Leasky.

Post #433919 Fri Aug 22 2014 7:49am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

An air leak can be a long-winded process to track down.

Each part of the system needs isolated methodically, and left to allow to drop over a few days each time.

Post #433972 Fri Aug 22 2014 9:27pm
Leasky

Hello Mikey and thanks for the technical insight.

I think I will be utilising your services next year when the warranty expires.

Colin. Leasky.

Post #433973 Fri Aug 22 2014 9:31pm
Leasky

Got the car back yesterday (after 11 days) and she appears to be sitting level. However the car is really dirty inside (grease on the inside of the windscreen etc etc) and they have used well over half a tank of fuel during the time they have had it.

I really am so very disappointed with the level of Customer Service from these guys. I would like to say that I am at a loss as to why Land Rover saw them as being fit and proper to hold the dealership but I appreciate that the product sells itself and the amount of spare cash in the area here means that they are selling hundreds of these vehicles every year but the aftercare is truly woeful.

I will never buy a vehicle from them again. Leasky.

Post #434193 Tue Aug 26 2014 8:42am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It appears that LR dealerships are like the vehicles - some are great and some are woeful. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #434198 Tue Aug 26 2014 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>