RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Colour/spec suggestions please... TDV8 arriving end of Nov.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Dealer reckons there's no TDV8 brochure at the moment so no pics to choose from as yet.

I've never seen a white RRS anywhere... are there any in the gallery or could anyone post any pics here? I think one needs to be very brave to have one in white in the UK... in my humble opinion, white only looks cool when the sun's out all the while in places like Miami & Dubai, especially in MTV R&B video shoots (don't they only use Hummer's now for those videos????!!)

So looking at the TDV6 brochure which I received today.... the cool colour for me (I think Black and Silver are safe but very boring).... has to be the Grey (can't remember exactly what it's called, but sounds great)... and perhaps cream/beige leather.

Also, what's the Rhodium trip option???? Any pics? If it's anything like the Piano Black that Audi do, that looks cool!

Any decent pics of examples of great exterior/trim combos would be great! (Or at least a link to relevant gallery pics.... don't have 5 hrs to gawp at all the pics all day! Only 3!) Very Happy Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #53700 Thu Sep 07 2006 5:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnail...arch=white Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #53703 Thu Sep 07 2006 5:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

I agree with you that it would take balls to buy a white car of any type over there in the UK and vicinities. Tim in Scotland told me a while back his dealer just tries talking him out of it whenever he expresses interest in a white Sport...

Nevertheless, here are a couple of pics of mine (from sunny Southern California Smile ) and of my black leather interior, with lux package / cherry wood trim. I understand cherry will no longer be available in MY07, replaced by American walnut which is supposedly darker. FYI, the steering wheel and shift knob are aftermarket.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #53705 Thu Sep 07 2006 5:40pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Gecko..
The rhodium is what i had in mine if you remember, basically mettallic looking trim. Didn't like the wood personally, if you're anything like me, which i think you are (well i know you are) i would go for black interior with the rhodium, saying that though i think MY07 models will be slightly different.. so more options available, you can tell LR aren't used to people lusting after their models, remember the RS4 taster pamphlets, gives you an idea, i don't think LR will offer piano black trim, or am i wrong!?

By the way, what is it with Dean, does he ever return phonecalls?
Asked him for some freebies by the way, for yours and any other TDV8 order we can give him, and he said he will find out.. still waiting though.. hmm..

Post #53706 Thu Sep 07 2006 5:43pm
Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

umbertob wrote:
I agree with you that it would take balls to buy a white car of any type over there in the UK and vicinities... here are a couple of pics of mine (from sunny Southern California Smile )

Looks gorgeous!! And you have demonstrated my point with perfection. White indeed dazzles with beauty amidst a sundrenched landscape with palmtrees!!! Looks a bit out of place on grey, drizzly, cold UK-morning, stuck in traffic!!

Gonna be black or grey metallic for me. My wife insists we get beige/cream leather, which looks fantastic with black... not so sure with the grey exterior though.

Just to be different, I really want a grey metallic (especially to match the dreary weather to come for the next 8-10 months!!).... I reckon only black leather would go well with this... unless anyone can reassure me that cream/beige looks nice too with it? Confused Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #54056 Fri Sep 08 2006 10:36am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I have Zambezi Silver with Alpaca leather - Makes the car seem more roomy IMHO 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #54058 Fri Sep 08 2006 10:39am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Alpaca does open out the car a little bit, but I do like the black too.

At the end of the day, Gekko, it's your car so needs to be your choice - personally, if I was to go for black, I'd have the Alpaca (which is exactly what I do have), but if I was to go for Bonatti/Stornoway then I'd consider looking at the black. It's all subjective! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #54066 Fri Sep 08 2006 10:43am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Gecko.. tell your wife to mind her own!
hahah.. don't tell my sister that, she'll kill me.. hehe..

Nah, i think with the Grey, Black leather and rhodium trim would look mint, specially with the privacy glass (MAKE SURE YOU GET THIS FACTORY FITTED, don't get the orange lines in the glass that way), the grills on the TDV8 come with Supercharged ones anyway (remember i changed mine and had them before my RRS even arrived?)

But no seriously, avoid the cream leather, the little'uns will kick the crap out of the back of the front seats and will mark them very badly.. won't be so bad on the black, did you wack them seat protectors on your S4 by the way, were they ok?

Little Gecko enjoyed the trip in the 'noisey car' by the way on sunday.. (just for ref, he calls the RS4 the noisey car..) and kept telling me to go faster.. faster.. haha..

Post #54075 Fri Sep 08 2006 10:53am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Hi Gecko, which salesman are you dealing with in Stourbridge? That is my local stealers too. They love me down there (not).

Don't go for black or silver, the dealers always tell you that you get a better resale on those colours. In reality it really means that it is easier for them to sell the vehicle on the second hand market when you, hopefully, chop it in for a replacement in a couple of years time. They don't offer you any extra money in part ex.

Stornoway Grey is a new colour for the 07MY, but this goes best with black interior. Rimini Red looks good with beige interior with wooden trim. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #54134 Fri Sep 08 2006 2:16pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

TB, we're dealing with Dean down at stourbridge, he is a bit slow, i.e. never rings back etc etc, im still waiting to hear what deal he will do us for multiple TDV8 deposits, but nothing..
hmm.. but isn't that how all car dealers are trained..?

Post #54143 Fri Sep 08 2006 2:29pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I think they don't know how to us the phone RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #54144 Fri Sep 08 2006 2:31pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Question Question Question Question Question End of November ........... Rolling Eyes 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #54150 Fri Sep 08 2006 2:44pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Kam, Jaymann is probably right I don't think they know how to use the phone. I had to chase them all the way when I was buying my motor.

This is the third motor I have brought from them and I always say that I'm not going back. Trouble is they are so convenient, I only live a couple of miles up the road so they are really handy for servicing etc. I can walk there in about half an hour so I don't need to worry about courtesy cars or anything like that.

Getting any kind of deal out of them will be like getting blood out of a stone, so don't hold out too much hope on that one. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #54153 Fri Sep 08 2006 2:50pm
paulL

Spain 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Gekko

How are you mate?

I'm going to go for Stornoway Grey with Black. Think it will look great. Don't get the wood trim, just stick with rhodium - Much more modern.

So are you dumping the S4 then?

Kam

Thanks for your texts keeping me updated. As I mentioned I'm in Miami until tues but if there is money off, I'll switch my deposit over.

Cheers guys 2013 RRS SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE - gone -
2005 RRS TDV6 HSE - gone -

Post #54507 Sun Sep 10 2006 2:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

No worries mate, speak soon.
We're up to 2 cars with LR stratstone in bham, are pushing them for cash discount or freebies (that we actuallt want..) watch this space for further info.

Post #54536 Sun Sep 10 2006 5:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>