RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > suspension fault help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

suzukiboy

suspension fault help

hi people
took my rr sport into my local garage for a general check over levels etc ,so it was put onto a two poster ramp on collection everything seemed fine ,drove 2 miles suspension warning light came on with the warning suspension fault normal ride height only tried to reset suspension but after a couple of miles the same warning appears spoke to the garage it seems like the car was suspended without lowering the suspension firsrt so creating a crab effect of the wheels ,garage said done loads like this suspension will settle
not sure what to do going france on monday is it safe to drive big help needed
also anybody no of a range rover mechanic in or around stoke on trent apart from main dealer

Post #430989 Sat Jul 19 2014 3:26pm
PEACHY

England 

Shocked have you checked under the passenger side in front of the rear wheel for any ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE -this is where the compressor & cover is situated. It wouldn't be the first time the EAS was damaged during service or maintainance on our vehicles. Embarassed

PS - jacked mine up many - many times -changing wheels etc never had a suspension fault after Crying or Very sad 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #430990 Sat Jul 19 2014 3:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bingy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Did ur suspension settle because I have the same message on mine

Post #433525 Sun Aug 17 2014 6:59pm
suzukiboy

no still have the problem still waiting for it to be diagnosed

Post #433545 Sun Aug 17 2014 9:53pm
Mr Crabtree

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Not on your doorstep but these have a Landrover Mechanic that do work for them Wink

http://www.cloverleafcars.co.uk/ Working with Virgin Trains and band of Brothers/Sisters to do something special for our injured servicemen and women

Post #433559 Mon Aug 18 2014 6:14am
kjames3852

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Tangiers Orange
Suspension Fault, please help

Hi everyone, new to the site, first post so please go easy on me haha.

I brought a 2005 rrs supercharged on Thursday of last week. I was driving on Saturday and a amber light came on the dash saying suspension fault, normal height only etc.

After looking on a few forums I believed it to be a fault with the compressor. Luckly I found someone who supplied a repair kit. I installed the repair kit yesterday evening. I tested the compressor before putting it on the car and all works great. Once I installed it on the car, I started it up and the compressor ran for around 15 seconds but the cuts out and the warning light comes back on the dash. Each time I start the car it does the same.

One thing I have noticed is that the rear passenger suspension air bag seems to be inflated where as all the others look rather deflated. When I start the car the compressor runs for around 15 seconds then the warning light comes on saying suspension fault, then straight after a warning appears saying special programs off.

Please can someone advise me as to what to do next.

I also read that it may be the relay for the compressor, I have one on order so once it comes I will update this post, thanks in advance.

Post #438343 Thu Oct 02 2014 6:53am
JDF1

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Gents,

the reply in the first instance to both of these posts is that you need to get a diagnostic machine plugged in to read the faults clear them and then run them again to hopefully isolate the fault, any good quality independent garage will have the ability to do this or a vehicle electrician (a little rarer). Sometimes a reset will clear the fault and the system will work again especially after changing the compressor seals.

The issue with the first post in this string may well be a small leak in an airbag or a height sensor has been broken when they have put your car on the ramp with the wheels hanging down hence the fault now. The only way you will know is to get the system read so you know exactly what the problem is. It could simply need resetting. So you would avoid an unecessary bill which could be costly.

hope that helps

JDF gone but not forgotten 2003 4.4 RR Vogue

Post #438378 Thu Oct 02 2014 9:18pm
ADO5TIMES

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: suspension fault help

suzukiboy wrote:
hi people
took my rr sport into my local garage for a general check over levels etc ,so it was put onto a two poster ramp on collection everything seemed fine ,drove 2 miles suspension warning light came on with the warning suspension fault normal ride height only tried to reset suspension but after a couple of miles the same warning appears spoke to the garage it seems like the car was suspended without lowering the suspension firsrt so creating a crab effect of the wheels ,garage said done loads like this suspension will settle
not sure what to do going france on monday is it safe to drive big help needed
also anybody no of a range rover mechanic in or around stoke on trent apart from main dealer

Landranger on King Street in Longton, I am sure will be able to help at a much reduced cost than MD.

Let me know how you get on with them if you go, as I went to see them when I bought my10 recently. They seem very helpful but thankfully have not needed to use them as yet. Thumbs Up

Post #438387 Thu Oct 02 2014 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1