Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY2015
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mark_N wrote:
If they work...

An earlier adopter of InControl on the Evoque had an LR engineer crawling over the car on his driveway to try to get them to work. Even now, it's constantly losing passwords and required him to log-in repeatedly.

Also seems he cannot upgrade to newer versions, not sure if that is free of charge or at all.

LR are still in the Dark Ages compared to Apple.

This is me!

Yes my InControl fitted Evoque was rendered obsolete and un-upgradable within a month of it's 6 months delayed delivery because I waited for InControl. Yes it has software issues and yes LR sent one of the developement team to Scotland for the day to fix an issue that the dealer had had issues with 5 days earlier at delivery time, but LR fixed it at considerable expense to them and at my convenience - I bought the car from a dealership in London but live in Central Scotland.
I was very angry to learn that the system I have (InControl Remote and InControl Secure) which is unbelievably expensive was rendered obsolete so soon after the Mk 1 version was launched and feel that the least LR could do is to offer those who have forked out so much and also waited so long to get an obsolete system, a free replacement to the newer version. InControl Remote in my car enables me to watch the car anywhere in the world so long as I am close to a wifi network or a good 3G signal and the car is parked where there is a decent mobile phone signal ( it doesn't have to be 3G either but works better if it is) - at the moment I am 7500 miles from my car, on a ship in the middle of the Gulf of Oman and can see that it is where I left it, that it has 450 miles range in the tank, that all the windows, doors, bonnet and boot are closed and locked and I can access the trip history for the last 3 months. InControl Secure is very clever and I am impressed with it. However what I am less impressed with is that the. LR control centre's server seems to forget my password with great regularity which is annoying and that what is an otherwise great car has more rattles that I suspect are caused by the InControl Remote alerting button wiring, than any previous Land Rover I have owned. I believe the upgraded system is better, you get internet access, but do you NEED it. It is also completely dependent on having a good mobile phone signal, so if you live in remoter parts of the UK both the old and new versions are a waste of money if you have poor or no mobile phone signal and the remote and secure systems cannot work fully without a good GPRS, GSM/3G or 4g signal. InControl as I have it also has expensive enrolment fees that only cover you for up to 5 years, my last Tracker system cost £350 subs for the lifetime of the car! InControl is transferable to another owner whereas Tracker was not. To be perfectly honest I feel badly let down by Land Rover over the rapid obsolescence of InControl, I've owned Land Rover products since 1996,including a launch day RRS and a 2007 TDV8 and have been a member here since the forum started, and am concerned to read here that the poor quality control at Halewood is also apparently occurring at Solihull with cars being allowed to leave the factory with unacceptable rattles and defects.My 2007 RRS was with hindsight the best car I have ever owned, and both RRS's and the 2010 FFRR Tdv8 that followed them were miles better assembled than the much more expensive to buy cars that LR are selling today. I never ever had to return the FfRRs or the RRS's to a dealership for things that rattled or squeaked outside of a scheduled service, but my new Evoque has so far had one unscheduled visit to a service bay for the InControl and another is looming to exterminate the rattles that I have all along the windscreen top on the passenger side and down the passenger side A pillar. I'm sorry Land Rover but I don't consider it up to scratch to put a new £53000 car out of the factory with defects like that, and maybe management are trying to build cars too quickly. Maybe a bit longer on the line and more care investigating rattles before cars are put out to owners would pay dividends. My 1996, 83000 miles offroad weary Defender90 has fewer rattles than my 3 month old 1800 miles up, 2014 Evoque. In fact my last, launch day delivered Evoque had fewer rattles than the new one.
I was considering changing up to a new RRS but feel that the version that I would like is way too expensive for my pocket and the version I would more than likely have bought, the SE, has been discontinued. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #431674 Sat Jul 26 2014 2:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rainbow

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Tim in Scotland's experience sounds unfortunate. Another video on the strategy can be seen via the link. The Apps will be on the phone but there is going to have to be some method of upgrading the InControl platform software to deal with bugs etc. Hopefully that will not involve a trip to the dealer, I don't have to visit the store to upgrade my phone operating system. Perhaps this will make the ability of the car to connect online a necessity whether via a mobile phone or inbuilt sim.

http://analysis.telematicsupdate.com/infot...roach-apps

Post #431721 Sun Jul 27 2014 9:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12