RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Code crack, navigation input on the move.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

He should get out more. BTW what should we be looking for? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #53225 Tue Sep 05 2006 3:45pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Painful reading, esp when you go onto that link on the Corvette forum.

Interesting though, that it *might* be possible to disable the Agree screen. How the f**k you would do it though is anyone's guess. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #53228 Tue Sep 05 2006 4:11pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

This was posted on rangerovers.net a while back. The loading.kwi file with the "I agree" instructions is missing from the RRS satnav DVD, or so Rainor claims. So, it appears not all Denso nav DVDs are created equal.

Rainor wrote:
einTier wrote:
SonarTech's suspicions about what the LOADING.KWI does was literally spot-on. It is a program for uploading new code into the navigation unit and appears to be complete code rather than a patch. FIGDAF knew enough to lead us down the wrong paths due to his assumptions about his gaps in knowledge. Much of this is detailed in our thread.

Of particular note, we managed to pull those numbers from our LOADING.KWI file by looking for 3+ digit number strings in the file -- both in plaintext and binary format. The ones that work were simply encoded in plaintext.

Hi einTier...

I attempted to do a HEX/BINARY search on the RRS Denso Nav DVD... The problem is our DVDs do not contain a LOADING.KWI file, so my searches ended rather quickly. IT appears the unit we have contains a base-image/software loaded into FLASH... I suspect future update DVDs will contain the LOADING.KWI.

PM me if you need an ISO.

Post #53232 Tue Sep 05 2006 4:34pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Oh, c**k! Crying or Very sad

I suppose it's not a massive surprise. I'd expect there to be some kind of abstraction layer between the NAV software and the car that it provides content for, so to speak. I wonder who supplies that layer though...

....and now I'm thinking out loud Laughing

Just getting me coat Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #53253 Tue Sep 05 2006 9:06pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

MDP wrote:
If LR have bee able to modify "entry on the move" for the 07 model year RRS's ......??? then why is it not possible for our cars to be modified accordingly at the dealership with a software upgrade amd if necessary replacement DVD sat nav disc Rolling Eyes even if we had to pay to have it done!

I asked about this at our dealership on delivery of the car this week - I was told that it might depend on issues such as available RAM in the '06 and prior MY units versus the '07 MY system. This said - I seem to have navigation on the move in my '06 system as I was able to navigate all the menus, stop guidance and input a new destination all while driving home last night (just as I passed 90 km on the odometer).

I have another post here asking if someone can tell me what message you get if its supposed to be restricted because so far, I have not found any function I cannot use while driving. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #53429 Wed Sep 06 2006 11:33am
jjb218

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
can anyone post the corvette forum link again please

I am lookng for the link, I lost it,, I am looking for the company that makes the adapters for the DVD in the corvette, 300m and so on, the one taht enables the playbacks. Can anyone email me the compnay if they remember and or the link please.
THANKS GUYS!
bEST REGARDS,
JJB

Post #67240 Tue Nov 21 2006 10:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12