RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Update on gap to rear door seal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Update on gap to rear door seal

Land rover have come back to my dealer and quote all 2014/15 RR sport have a gap to the rear bumper which is design intent to aid the fitting of the trim , Censored Censored , dear mr Gerry McGovern the bath panel I have just fitted to your bath is 20 mm short this is design intent to ease fitting means I don't have go to the trouble of fitting your bath to the correct height which makes it easy for me ( yeh right ) I can only assume that for those of you claiming not to have the gap you are not looking in the right place if you are still sure you don't why not post a pic , ain't over it is being pursued. Rob Twisted Evil 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be
Gone and missed 02 Nissan xtrail

Post #429557 Mon Jul 07 2014 3:29pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Thank you for pursuing this. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #429588 Mon Jul 07 2014 5:33pm
scud2301

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Likewise : Thank you for pursuing this.

tony

Post #429589 Mon Jul 07 2014 5:37pm
robot

To help for chris and simonsti who say theirs are perfect that being the case would you kindly post a pic , please note this was the initial response lr gave to my dealer they tell me they are now taking it to a higher level at this moment I am not going to get involved with lr directly as I don't want to take the impetuous from my dealer , very frustrating and annoying as I was aware of the issue before I collected the car just didn't look in the right place oh and ps STOP calling me robot it was meant to be rob t and for some stupid Censored reason it came out as Censored robot now you can tell ime getting Censored annoyed 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be

Post #429591 Mon Jul 07 2014 5:49pm
norscot

Its a seal for the tailgate, not a trim for the bumper.... Its doing exactly what it was designed to do....

Post #429597 Mon Jul 07 2014 6:39pm
robot

Censored we know that don't pick up on Censored words , the fact is the trim is a bad finish end of 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be

Post #429604 Mon Jul 07 2014 7:11pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

norscot wrote:
Its a seal for the tailgate, not a trim for the bumper.... Its doing exactly what it was designed to do....

If this was a Defender where function is all, I'd agree with you. But it's not. It's a car which is in LR's own classification of "Luxury", costs at least 4 times as much and has to compete with some of the best engineered cars in the world - Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes ML Class and soon to be joined by revised/new models from Audi/Bentley and who knows who else.

My view - and I own Ferrari, Mercedes and Porsche in addition to LR - is that this level of fit and finish is not acceptable in a car which costs (potentially) more than £80000. You may be a Land Rover Apologist. I am not. I like their products, I recently decided to continue with an RRS instead of a Porsche Macan turbo but that doesn't mean I ignore blatantly shoddy design and workmanship.

I'm pleased rob t is pursuing the issue with his dealer (with whom his contract of sale exists) because it may be the problem is fixed by the time I get my car next year. I certainly hope so.

By the way, what LR/RR do you own or have on order? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #429636 Mon Jul 07 2014 8:59pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

I will recheck again on Friday, tbh I was probably looking at the trim on the other side of the rubber seal. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #429644 Mon Jul 07 2014 9:14pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Mark_N wrote:
My view - and I own Ferrari, Mercedes and Porsche in addition to LR

'nuff said. Wink 

Post #429647 Mon Jul 07 2014 9:21pm
Squirrel

Australia 

I thought mine was perfect and made sure to check with my dealer when I took delivery.....turns out I was looking in the wrong place.... Sad

Same both sides!!! And agree with Robot / Rob T that this gap doesn't drain to the outside world..... 2014.5 RRS, Blue...awaiting Style 17 22" wheels
2013 Evoque Dynamic Fuji White Si4
Gone - 2010 Cayman S
Gone - 2007 911 Carerra S
Gone - 2005 Jeep Wrangler
Gone - 2002 Golf...and a few turds before that....

Post #429697 Tue Jul 08 2014 4:44am
robot

Ok guys who is Censored off with the gap ? Who potentially would be Censored off and may put them off buying , and how many are not that bothered and I might add for those not bothered bets are that when there is a recall you will be in the queue , let us not appease lr with this their seemingly arrogance with their quote design intent unquote is totally unacceptable , a simple call to your dealer then it will come back as my original answer , once the ball is rolling they will start to take notice rob t 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be

Post #429700 Tue Jul 08 2014 6:45am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Nice work Rob.... ot Laughing

Keep the pressure up... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #429732 Tue Jul 08 2014 1:20pm
robot

Jlr have made contact with me today to say the gap is within design tolerance I won't at this stage go into my reply , however they are investigating further and have promised to phone me tomorrow I must also say that my supplying dealer have been understanding and helpfull however we all know they can only take it so far as they merely only sell the cars on behalf of jlr , what is interesting the evoque has the same poor fit !!! 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be

Post #429784 Tue Jul 08 2014 7:20pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Well. I realise that the colour schemes of today's models hark back to the 70s - red with black roof, white with black roof and so forth, but I wasn't expecting British Leyland gobbledegook to be included also, with ref that the gap is within design tolerance!

I doubt one would receive such a comment from the likes of Audi.

Post #429799 Tue Jul 08 2014 7:58pm
robot

Check out the evoque I believe that is the same Censored Censored Censored hopefully I am making some progress but it will be slow jlr are well aware of the poor fit ( notice how I say poor fit and not issue ) that is to stop the Censored pricks who say it isn't a issue however they are hiding from it by saying design intent , tolerance and whatever other bullshit they can dream up however I won't stop until I have satisfaction that it is going to be rectified rob. T 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be

Post #429810 Tue Jul 08 2014 8:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>