RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Which colour?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

mikef

United Kingdom 
Which colour?

I know this is a stupid question because its entirely a matter of personal taste but ever since I ordered my new RRS back in March I've been agonising over the exterior colour and now I really have to make a decision because the spec is about to be fixed. The problem I always have with car colours is that we live out in the sticks a bit up a single track road so keeping a car clean is impossible especially during the winter. For that reason, I've always shied away from black and other dark colours which tend to look dull when they're dirty and I always seem to end up with silver or light grey coloured cars which tend to look OK even covered in muck. Well I'm bored with silver or grey now and my wife will take the p**s out of me mercilessly if I get yet another car in either of these colours. I thought I would like Loire Blue or Aintree Green but when I checked out these colours on L405 RRs at the dealer, they just looked black to me. The RRS looks the dogs danglies in red but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to buy a red car. Which brings me back to silver or grey again. Aaargh!
Anyone seen a new RRS in Aleutian Silver or Chablis yet? What about Scotia Grey? Is that a dark grey or bright grey? And of the 2 reds, what is the difference between Firenze and Chile? They look the same to me on the configurator. Is there anywhere where I could see the RRS in every colour?

Post #429087 Tue Jul 01 2014 9:34pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Chili is orange plain and simple; maybe more of a burnt orange than the fruit but orange nonetheless. Firenze is a darkish red which is quite heavily dosed with metallic and really sparkles in the sunshine. I've had an Evoque in red and have been very happy with the colour.

I had thought of staying with Firenze for the RRS but then saw one and thought that it's a lot of red on the larger car.

An argument against some colours is that they don't show the curves of a car, white being an obvious example, plain black a little less so. The good news with the RRS is that there aren't a lot of curved surfaces to show off.

My preference currently is for Indus with all black above the waist line and black wheels. It is a personal thing and what I find helpful is to take each colour and rank it in order of your preference to arrive hopefully at an answer.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #429090 Tue Jul 01 2014 9:49pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi mike it is not a stupid question I agonised for months right up to when the dealer said ok I need the colour ,I've had 3 black RR and really wanted a change , Firenze was my choice , the wife wanted black we sort of compromised on grey , and yet I couldn't bring myself to go for grey , White was the other but there are quite a few white , loure blue looked a good colour , think the problem was there is not yet enough on the road to see in real time , in the end and I am over the moon with it Mariana black , indus silver roof IMO looks stunning when the sun is on it you would swear it was blue , on cloudy days it darkens but not totally black , as you say colours are very subjective however you have asked and I am happy to give you my choice , definitely better than I thought it would be Thumbs Up rob 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be
Gone and missed 02 Nissan xtrail

Post #429091 Tue Jul 01 2014 9:53pm
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Colour is a very personal thing, so you need to go with what feels right for you. Having had black cars in the past I decided to go with Corris Grey with a black contrast roof and love it. 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #429097 Tue Jul 01 2014 10:09pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

As well as being a very personal thing, it also depends greatly on what you think about the car. My order for a SC is Barolo Black with Indus Silver roof. Nothing too drastic nor boring. I see an SVR, though, in Rolls Royce Salamanca Blue.

Click image to enlarge

Post #429103 Tue Jul 01 2014 10:45pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

I've got Corris grey but if I ordered now I would have Loire blue with Indus roof. This looks stunning and really suits the car.
Never saw Loire in the flesh when I ordered and therefore stuck with the 'safe' option. If I order another that will be my colour choice.

Post #429106 Tue Jul 01 2014 10:56pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

First of all: NO SYMPATHY

Second of all the solution is quite simple once you know how to use the Land Rover Configurator auto-settings... just enter your date of birth:

Under 33: Firenza Red or white
33-39: Grey or Silver
40: chilli red
41-49: barossa
50-57: black or green
58+: Havana or Chablis

Let the wife chose the interior, NEVER the mistress.

And Land Rover products are supposed to be bit dirty when you live in the sticks. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #429114 Wed Jul 02 2014 6:49am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm 59 so does that mean by having a red (or silver) RR, I am not acting my age? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #429116 Wed Jul 02 2014 7:33am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
I'm 59 so does that mean by having a red (or silver) RR, I am not acting my age?

Not necessarily. It's clearly just a terrible formula!

I wonder if you can get an invite to the factory, Mikef, given you have one on order. That way you may be able to see many more colours in-the-metal. Question I had the same issue as I could not find a RRS in Nara Bronze anywhere to compare with grey. In the end the wife and I just printed out 2 photos from google in each colour and stared at them until conclusion. I'm very pleased with diverting from the Black then White then Grey (in that sequence) I had instinctively wanted at the outset. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #429132 Wed Jul 02 2014 10:43am
Chrisr1806

England 

Loire is dark but changes into a completely different colour in the sun! Cool

I'm really pleased with the colour, I was worried that it would be too dark before it arrived but it's not when the sun shines! Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #429134 Wed Jul 02 2014 11:45am
challigan

Scotland 

Ordered Barossa back in Jan and still nervous about it, still to see one in the flesh. Not a popular colour as none of my 'local' dealers have ever seen one.
We'll see what I think when I collect in Sept.......

Post #429196 Thu Jul 03 2014 8:41am
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

With barossa give thought ti a contrast roof 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be
Gone and missed 02 Nissan xtrail

Post #429212 Thu Jul 03 2014 12:41pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

My order is still Barolo with Indus roof. 

Post #429234 Thu Jul 03 2014 6:59pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all replies and pics. It has helped me make my mind up and I'm now favouring Loire Blue with Indus roof

Post #429482 Sun Jul 06 2014 3:55pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Good choice. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #429484 Sun Jul 06 2014 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>