RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > LR: 5+2 seats not suitable for kids..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Skybudda

United Kingdom 
LR: 5+2 seats not suitable for kids..

Hi there, i chose this option on my recent order (pick up November). I took my kids to see a demo car at a local showroom and the dealer showed me an official piece of paper from LR stating that the extra 2 seats are not suitable for use with booster seats. My kids are 7 and 8. The UK law is up to 12 yoa or 135cm. My wife now wants to cancel this option as clearly you cant fit an adult in these seats and that's not what we need them for. I am curious as to whether anyone else has had this advice or even uses the 3rd row? Thanks. Theo.

Post #428903 Mon Jun 30 2014 12:43pm
les2802

United Kingdom 

Have you checked they don't mean the high back boosters ? We have the 3rd row seats and use them for a 6 & 8 year old, but only with the cheap booster bases. Were never told not to use boosters by dealer when buying the car.
We have actually found it better with the booster , even though my 8 year old is now 1.35 high, as it raises them up giving a bit more 'downward' leg room.
They do seem a bit of a gimic , but solved the issue of 7 seats without buying a disco.

Post #428912 Mon Jun 30 2014 2:00pm
Skybudda

United Kingdom 

Hi, thanks for the swift response. I'll double check with them but it simply stated 'child booster seats'. I'm sure it will be fine but my wife is paranoid its not safe..i'll let you know what I can dig up.

Post #428923 Mon Jun 30 2014 2:34pm
frostie

I have a Disco 3 and was curious as to how it compared so I looked at the RRS at a dealership and also at the Motorexpo in London.

In my opinion, advertising this car has having 7 seats comes dangerously close to the dictionary definition of lying. I'm not sure who they imagine would sit in them as the leg room is pretty much non existent.

If you want 7 seats, get the discovery, even an average size adult can use the third row comfortably. I can't wait for the new discovery, hopefully they will l have a petrol option as i am loathe to give up my D3 V8 for an oil burner unless it's the V8 Diesel.

Post #431251 Tue Jul 22 2014 1:01pm
Skybudda

United Kingdom 

Hi, i thought the same. In the end i decided against it and opted for a spare style 15 diamond cut alloy for extra 200 quid. On the plus side my dealer called and said they secured larger allotment and instead of November i pick it up late September. Cant wait!

Post #431293 Tue Jul 22 2014 7:49pm
RobF

United Kingdom 

Quote:
On the plus side my dealer called and said they secured larger allotment and instead of November i pick it up late September

Wow! They are growing their own now, heh? Amazing

Post #431348 Wed Jul 23 2014 11:14am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^ Well I'm first in the queue when the open the "Pick-Your-Own" section. Thumbs Up

Post #431398 Wed Jul 23 2014 6:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1