RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Ok - maybe people were right about Lookers :(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

waylander

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
Ok - maybe people were right about Lookers :(

I have to say that I am looking to be disappointed here. It could just be me but how long does it take for someone to give you a call and arrange a test drive? Seriously, went in on Sunday for a brief chat on the off-chance we could have an in-depth look and a drive but they were busy - fair enough, an off chance visit will not always (or even usually?) enable you to do this... however nearly 5 working days to arrange a test drive is IMO opinion taking the proverbial. You'd seriously think that they are doing us a favour by deigning to sell to us.

You may have gathered from this I'm not hugely impressed at this point, which is a real shame as our initial impressions were so positive Evil or Very Mad

soooo 2 questions:

1 - am I being too impatient?

2 - I live near Chelmsford so what other dealers would you recommend?

Post #428622 Fri Jun 27 2014 1:36pm
PHinett

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I would not have waited 5 days to test drive a car, when i was looking around i visited 3 different garages who all offered a test drive on the spot.

I may have been lucky, but 5 days to go 5 minutes around the block is crazy if they actually want to sell the thing, unless they are hiding something wrong with the car at the moment that they want to bodge. 57 Reg TDV8 - Java Black - Privacy Glass - Side Steps Smile

Post #428634 Fri Jun 27 2014 2:19pm
Beancounter_74

England 

I ended up getting a test drive out of Colchester as Chelmsford never called me back despite visiting them once and calling to chase up twice.

Colchester were able to organise one within 30 mins of being at the dealership. Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #428635 Fri Jun 27 2014 2:49pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

No - you're not being impatient IMHO Shocked

If a dealer doesn't offer a test drive when you ask about a vehicle or book one convenient to both of you they are not interested in selling and obviously have customers queueing up to bow in front of their pedestal Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #428640 Fri Jun 27 2014 3:28pm
Andi

United Kingdom 

Bought three cars from lookers Colchester, always been good and helpful. Give them a ring, ask for Richard, he's always up for doing a deal. Thumbs Up

Post #428641 Fri Jun 27 2014 3:34pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Just seen you are about 35 miles from http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/member-jeremy-hadley-green-lr.html Confused

He and James get great reviews on here and if I was as near as you I would be contacting them - I nearly did a deal with Jeremy last year but couldn't get my deposit back from dealer up here and still regretting it Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #428643 Fri Jun 27 2014 4:34pm
Jeremy @ Grange Barnet LR

Thanks! Thumbs Up

We're not far from Chelmsford and would be more than happy to do a test drive tomorrow or Sunday.

Let me know if you're free jeremy.jackson@hadleygreen.co.uk or forum@hadleygreen.co.uk

Post #428653 Fri Jun 27 2014 5:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
waylander

thanks for that Jeremy - I've shot you a quick line about this...

Post #428655 Fri Jun 27 2014 5:43pm

Got it and replied!

Post #428656 Fri Jun 27 2014 5:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mike21

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You ought to buy privately waylander, save all the hassle with the dealers Rolling with laughter
Oh, did I tell you mine's for sale Whistle Whistle
But if you do have to go to a dealer I can thoroughly recommend Jeremy he actually sold me mine when he was at LPR. Thumbs Up 2019 BMW X3 2.0i M Sport in metalic black- Brilliant
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Atlantic Grey, replaced with 2018 Frost White Outlander PHEV, can't fault em - now gone
2012 SDV6 HSE in Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass & Side Steps (notice a theme)! - Even better but now gone
2009 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey, 20" alloys, Privacy Glass & Side Steps - Fantastic! but gone

Post #428660 Fri Jun 27 2014 6:03pm

And a very nice car it is! Very Happy

Genuinely suprised its not sold, it is a really nice one! Thumbs Up

Post #428663 Fri Jun 27 2014 6:26pm
WillP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Can't fault Lookers Colchester, both Kim and Alex were top drawer! MY2011 TDV6 HSE Privacy Glass, Sunroof, TV, sidesteps, Hawke stainless tips - Now gone
MY2015 Jaguar XE R Sport, Black Pack - Company Car
2014 BMW M5 F10 4.4 V8 Twin turbo

Post #428667 Fri Jun 27 2014 6:44pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

mike21 wrote:
You ought to buy privately waylander, save all the hassle with the dealers Rolling with laughter
But if you do have to go to a dealer I can thoroughly recommend Jeremy he actually sold me mine when he was at LPR. Thumbs Up
Yes Jeremy Jackson is the best guy to buy from.I bought my first RRS from him when he worked for LRPR. When i went back to do a part ex to upgrade He had moved on. The salesman who i was trying to deal with was most uninterested. He test drove my car and assumedi was going to purchase a car i had looked at on site. Without test driving it. He came up with exchange figures,with GAP insurance, Alloy wheel insurance,GuardX paint protection,and road tax.When i tld him i did not want the extras he got most irrate,Then i told him i did not want him to tax it. He said you have got to have it taxed. I told him i dont need tax,as i am disabled. I am 77Years old and dont look as though i should drive a RRS. Or i look as though i cant afford a car of this class.I have driven Large cars all my life also HGV1 vehicles.I always Drive a hard Bargain. And have never paid full price for anything. Even the Freelander 2 HSE i bought new in 2007 itisme

Post #428731 Sat Jun 28 2014 2:17pm
waylander

Well Jeremy was very helpful (they just had nothing in stock we wanted to see) - but we ended up going to Lookers Stamford Le Hope and also had a great experience. .. only complaint? We blew the bloody budget.

yup, next Saturday we're off to pick up a dark blue with white interior 2012 RRS, 21k miles. Lovely. Salesman Dale really did Lookers proud

Last edited by waylander on Sat Jun 28 2014 7:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #428753 Sat Jun 28 2014 6:37pm

harrygh60 wrote:
mike21 wrote:
But if you do have to go to a dealer I can thoroughly recommend Jeremy he actually sold me mine when he was at LPR. Thumbs Up
Yes Jeremy Jackson is the best guy to buy from.I bought my first RRS from him when he worked for LRPR. When i went back to do a part ex to upgrade He had moved on. The salesman who i was trying to deal with was most uninterested. He test drove my car and assumedi was going to purchase a car i had looked at on site. Without test driving it. He came up with exchange figures,with GAP insurance, Alloy wheel insurance,GuardX paint protection,and road tax.When i tld him i did not want the extras he got most irrate,Then i told him i did not want him to tax it. He said you have got to have it taxed. I told him i dont need tax,as i am disabled. I am 77Years old and dont look as though i should drive a RRS. Or i look as though i cant afford a car of this class.I have driven Large cars all my life also HGV1 vehicles.I always Drive a hard Bargain. And have never paid full price for anything. Even the Freelander 2 HSE i bought new in 2007

You've sold the red sport? Shocked I can still remember the day you bought that and how clean the old Freelander was!

Post #428756 Sat Jun 28 2014 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>