RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Avoid number1plates.com
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Avoid number1plates.com

So having just availed myself of a cherished number, I wanted a set of number plates.

As you do, I did the due diligence on here and decided that the larger rear rectangle plate is the way to go. So who to use? I avoid eBay if I can, as they make enough out of me already, and independent sites are often cheaper as they can discount the 10% fees.

On topics on here I saw Demon Plates mentioned, and on Google I found also number1plates.com. So I opened both side by side, number1plates.com came out about three quid cheaper, so I went with them. Thankfully, I used Paypal to pay them the thirty odd quid.

Now the Russians have a saying: "Greedy pays twice". And that was true in this case. Saving three quid came back to bite me in the arse.

Said plates duly arrived, complete with the usual fake Recorded Delivery sticker. Rolling with laughter

On looking at them, the logo I had selected had a font error or typo in it, the GB logo wasn't straight and true, nor was the whole plate in relation to the border, and the text was bunched over to the right hand side and not central in the available space. Something like a 2cm differential each side. I have a very good eye for what is straight, and number plates that look like a dogs breakfast are a pet peeve of mine. Why buy a cherished number and then use a Mickey Mouse plate made wrong and mount it uneven? People do that.....

So I measure the gaps, note the faults, and shoot them off a polite email explaining why they are not up to scratch and offer them the chance to remake them correctly.

Silence.

I follow it up a day or two later with a second email suggesting if they don't respond, I will use Paypal to get a resolution. Or they can just make them properly - up to them. I wouldn't call them as they have a daft 08something number, and I don't do those.

Silence.

So eventually, I open a Paypal case. I note the seller is not responsive and paste the faults offering to return the defective ones at my expense. Twelve hours later, the seller refunds me in full (which Paypal would have done if he hadn't). No communication, no attempt at replacement, no interaction.

What kind of customer service is that? Shocked

Well, thats that. The number1plates.com plates went in the bin. I ordered some from Duckworths instead and they arrived made properly as one might expect.

Moral of the story: Avoid number1plates.com unless you want plates that look like a bloke made them after seven pints of heavy. And do use the providers people here recommend. Thumbs Up

Post #428405 Wed Jun 25 2014 8:16pm
A1GSS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I used Duckworth's for my plates. Perfect, came the next day, and very well priced. Perfect. Thumbs Up Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #428422 Wed Jun 25 2014 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1