RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Views on Indus?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mark_N

United Kingdom 
Views on Indus?

Stuck in traffic in Worcester this afternoon and going the other way was a Firenze RRS. Did seem to be a lot of red and beginning to wonder whether it's too much for the size of the car, even though I love it on my Evoque. Any thoughts?

So thinking about Indus with the part red interior though I think it looks more restrained on the configurator than it does in reality. I have a silver Mercedes SL55 with what they called Berry Red - raspberries, basically - and that works well.

The other colour I like is Mariana Black but it shows every mark out here in the boonies. However, Indus seems pretty unpopular, anyone have it? Also, is it possible to have your own colour leather to replace the standard, I expect not. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #426777 Tue Jun 10 2014 9:32pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Colour is always as we know subjective and depending on the car bit like women in dresses , my sister in law looks great in red however it just doesn't go with the wife , anyway here goes I do think the new sport looks better suited to the lighter colours , now for the contradiction I have on order hopefully arriving in a couple of weeks Mariana black with indus roof and indus door mirrors , I had indus on a disco and IMO whilst it is not offensive it is a tad boring , I really wanted red and as you say on the evoque with black roof does look a treat however on the sport as you say it may be a bit much , I saw over Easter think it was ipamena sand or similar with black roof and that looked good unfortunately it's been withdrawn so I've gone for the safe option ,
I was at the dealers on sat and they have my colour combo on their demo and with the roof and mirrors it looks good

Post #426785 Tue Jun 10 2014 11:12pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Indus is perhaps the 'boring silver' choice but it really does suit the Sport. Lighter colours work better than darker ones in my opinion, unlike darker colours on the FFRR.

I've gone for Aleutian Silver, which having seen one overtake me on the motorway some months ago had me sold. It's essentially a silver with a blue hue to it - looks almost like Flick paint the way it changes in the light; that probably makes it sound all Llewelyn-Bowen but it really isn't! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #426790 Wed Jun 11 2014 7:26am
AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 

I would take Chilli over Firenze I think the darker effect tones itdown a bit IMO but it is such a subjective thing.

I was leaning towards Marianna as well, but saw a Loire Blue in the flesh and it was rather fetching. Anyone seen an aintree green in the flesh?

Last edited by AK-Hammer on Wed Jun 11 2014 11:02pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #426796 Wed Jun 11 2014 8:56am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: Views on Indus?

Mark_N wrote:
Stuck in traffic in Worcester this afternoon and going the other way was a Firenze RRS. Did seem to be a lot of red and beginning to wonder whether it's too much for the size of the car, even though I love it on my Evoque. Any thoughts?

So thinking about Indus with the part red interior though I think it looks more restrained on the configurator than it does in reality. I have a silver Mercedes SL55 with what they called Berry Red - raspberries, basically - and that works well.

The other colour I like is Mariana Black but it shows every mark out here in the boonies. However, Indus seems pretty unpopular, anyone have it? Also, is it possible to have your own colour leather to replace the standard, I expect not.

This post seemed to be going so well for you Mark......

but....You just couldn't resist ending it on a NOT !! Rolling with laughter 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #426819 Wed Jun 11 2014 11:39am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Well, you know me, why end on a positive note when there's a downside to explore...

The Aleutian silver is certainly worth exploring too.

This is the Mercedes interior which works well for me with a silver exterior and if I could recreate it on the RRS, I'd be interested...

Click image to enlarge

[/img] Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #426837 Wed Jun 11 2014 2:34pm
andman

Couldn't agree more... that is a lovely classy colour interior..
I've posted before about wishing the pimento was more burgundy...

It's what should be available on the sport instead of the brash brothel red they call pimento...
(no offence to those who've got it.. personally I like brothel decor ..I just don't want it in my car Very Happy )

Also wish a deep navy blue was available....sadly NOT !!!!! Rolling with laughter  2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #426850 Wed Jun 11 2014 4:37pm
andman

Re: Views on Indus?

Mark_N wrote:

The other colour I like is Mariana Black but it shows every mark out here in the boonies. However, Indus seems pretty unpopular, anyone have it? Also, is it possible to have your own colour leather to replace the standard, I expect not.

Personally I really like Indus... contrast Santorini roof and 22's ... very stylish..
Would be my second colour choice but I just love Fuji too much plus it's better for the boring 300 days of sun we are plagued with here Big Cry 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #426851 Wed Jun 11 2014 4:43pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Coincidentally today, I was en route from Liverpool airport to Worcester, and got behind an Indus silver RRS 2.
Looked ok, but not that special, because in view of the colour which is quite similar to the Zermatt silver prior shape RRS, it didn't seem a new model from 50 yards behind! Only the taillights gave it away.

Post #426912 Wed Jun 11 2014 11:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1