RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Order brought forward
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Chris , ime sure I would just a bit cross tell me after your freelander do you feel the rr a bit sterile and before anyone jumps to conclusions I suppose three is a bit of everything going on ie trade in value , will I not take to it anyway , issues with quality although I will say the supplying dealer have in the past been first class with CS

Post #426463 Fri Jun 06 2014 7:08pm
Chrisr1806

England 

No not at all, it still has character like my Freelander, as I've said before I'm very pleased with it and would definitely have another! Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #426469 Fri Jun 06 2014 9:24pm
robot

Chris you always have a positive take on posts , I went to my supplying dealer today which is a 300 mile trip for a extended test drive and to go thru very recent matters , looked at and noted all the reported negative points raised on the forum and to be honest it was great , handling superb , drive excellent , could not fault it , a lot of issues raised on the forum I feel are subjective and options respectfully differ , that should. Say opinions , came to a agreement on my trade in which was good .
I also had the opportunity in driving the Volvo xc60 d5 r line which again was good in as much it's smaller than my rr so felt you could chuck it around ect bit and I mean a bit , that was before I jumped in the new sport and that did feel like a gti point and shoot so a good day to sort thru things , just to say as a 2nd car the Volvo would be a serious contender thank rob

Post #426488 Sat Jun 07 2014 4:52pm
robot

peanutbob wrote:
I was thinking about selling my RRS AB 2013 with 6K miles and buying a new D4 HSE fully loaded. Though the sale price of these 2nd hand on Autotrader is circa 75k - 80k from dealers, I was offered 66k against a 56k purchase price. Cost new £77.8k. And you know very well it would be up on the forecourt for £76k. £10k profit for a valet, I think not! Another dealer offered £60k, and I said, 2-3k profit maybe....but £15k is taking the ****. And there's profit in the D4 for the dealer. Just greedy imho. They want you to trade up, not down.

Mind you I spoke to a guy today who lost £34 k after 4000 miles in a W12 6 litre A8!

Bob spoke to the lr dealer I use , if you want to sell give him a call not sure if I can give dealer names on here only to say he is called Roy and it's a lr dealer in Carlisle ( hint same name as a high street bank ) Rob

Post #426491 Sat Jun 07 2014 5:51pm
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

Robot,

With regard to obtaining a much better trade price - please see my post regarding my experience:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic101370.html

A friend also used this chap when he sold his MY 13 RRS Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #427297 Sun Jun 15 2014 8:01pm
robot

Thanks just read the link and googled ns cars I will give them a call tomorrow thank you rob

Post #427307 Sun Jun 15 2014 9:40pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

That link is really interesting and thank you BlackGT3 for putting specific numbers in there. Sounds like the Disco is quite good from a depreciation point of view where unfortunately it is not (or will not be) so good with the RRS once the order backlog settles. Mind you, I'm asking for it going for the SC 5.0.

What's especially interesting is how few are willing to buy privately at this level. Maybe it's finance, maybe the need for the security which comes with a dealer warranty.

I'll be trying to sell my Evoque once I have a confirmed order for the RRS and will face an uphill struggle as it's the unloved 3 door petrol version. Unlike the 65% over 31k miles and 3.5 years of BlackGT3's Disco, mine is currently looking like 60% over 24k miles and 2.5 years. If I am lucky. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Last edited by Mark_N on Mon Jun 16 2014 3:58am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #427322 Mon Jun 16 2014 3:31am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Just to emphasise the point about private sales, there are currently 307 Evoques for sale on Pistonheads.

Private sales? Just 3. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #427323 Mon Jun 16 2014 3:50am
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
That link is really interesting and thank you BlackGT3 for putting specific numbers in there. Sounds like the Disco is quite good from a depreciation point of view where unfortunately it is not (or will not be) so good with the RRS once the order backlog settles. Mind you, I'm asking for it going for the SC 5.0.

What's especially interesting is how few are willing to buy privately at this level. Maybe it's finance, maybe the need for the security which comes with a dealer warranty.

I'll be trying to sell my Evoque once I have a confirmed order for the RRS and will face an uphill struggle as it's the unloved 3 door petrol version. Unlike the 65% over 31k miles and 3.5 years of BlackGT3's Disco, mine is currently looking like 60% over 24k miles and 2.5 years. If I am lucky.

I have sold a number of cars privately and all via an Ad on Ph. When I sold my Disco 3, it took 6 weeks and the number of enquiries wasn't high. I had a number of dealers or private punters pretending to be dealers call with low bids and the usual "in'it" brigade. In the end a fellow Ph member called. He wanted a D3, had seen a few at dealers which were not up to standard. He purchased my car knowing he could put an LR extended warranty on it if he felt the need. The residual value for my D3 was approx 65% after 4 years and 42K miles.

Recently, I have sold a 118d SE BMW via Ph. I wanted a quick sale due to lack of time and I had a good trade-in offer. I priced it at 500 quid over the trade bid. A decent chap came over that evening, agreed to pay full price, left a deposit. A week later (following an HPI check and he had insurance in place), he paid in full and drove the car away. Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #427338 Mon Jun 16 2014 8:57am
robot

Black gt I made the call today re the link and was impressed they could offer myself just short £500 less than the trade in however it would have made sense if I was just selling up I will keep their details to pass on incidentally they where £1500 up on another lr main dealer I contacted a few weeks ago many thanks rob

Post #427377 Mon Jun 16 2014 6:58pm
sacimiddx

England 

RRS SE

in dealer a week early Very Happy

Post #427378 Mon Jun 16 2014 6:58pm
robot

Good to hear mine is due 29th ( which is a Sunday ) May arrive week leading up or week after !!! Rolling Eyes

Post #427379 Mon Jun 16 2014 7:02pm
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Mine was supposed to be built 11 June but put back to 18 June so I wouldn't hold your breath! 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #427382 Mon Jun 16 2014 7:35pm
robot

What will be will be , saw a pre reg defender week last sat , wed I said I would have , Thursday took delivery and loving it all this waiting ( since September ) gives me to much to think about Rolling with laughter

Post #427386 Mon Jun 16 2014 7:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12