RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Anyone ordered a RRS2 & got a build date?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NTBeyond

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 S Zermatt Silver
Anyone ordered a RRS2 & got a build date?

Late last year I decided to look seriously into upgrading my wonderful MY2010.
Spent so much time on the "build your own" and monitored journalist's tests, this site, a test drive and finally chose my the car I want.
Sent the order in last few days in February. The dealer sent the order through sometime in March and I've just received word that "it's in the production list and now confirmed and no changes can be made". The next thing is a VIN # which would give a build date.
Has anyone else ordered the new one and been given an idea of build date and perhaps an idea of delivery? 2014 SDV6 HSE, Panoramic Roof, 825w sound, Surround Cameras
Gone: MY10, TDV6 Sport, Zermatt Silver, Sunroof, 18" Rally alloys.
2006 Pajero Exceed, Silver

Post #425454 Wed May 28 2014 2:51am
rangiejools

Australia 

Ordered my SDV6 SE in mid January and picking it up on Friday. Changed the spec 3 times after ordering. Lucky to upgrade the audio system with only 12 hrs before deadline or so my dealer said. Being a bit fussy couldn't have lived with the basic system. Also now regretting a little not speccing electric seats.
What spec did you go for NT?

Julian. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #425467 Wed May 28 2014 9:32am
NTBeyond

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 S Zermatt Silver

I also changed my order several times. Took several "toys" off the list and settled with:-
HSE SDV6, Corris Grey, all black interior(seats, headlining, trim), Panoramic roof, surround cameras, 825w Sound.
I went for the HSE as it has the features I'm used to with my base MY2010.
I wouldn't be too disappointed with only getting "manual" seats. I’m of the age where just about every earlier car had manual seats and I found it was far quicker to find a nice setting as opposed to juggling buttons to find the right setting and then tweaking it a bit more and then a bit more. If anything, a memory seat would be preferable so I could set & forget.
However, I would have found the base sound system a disappointment thus also went for the upgraded one.
Cheers and I’m jealous that you get yours this week. Lucky buggar. Are you getting any after market add ons? I’m looking at side steps & roof rails. Once I’ve got it, then see if I may need better protection underneath. The tracks to our favourite Gorges can be a bit rough.
Noel 2014 SDV6 HSE, Panoramic Roof, 825w sound, Surround Cameras
Gone: MY10, TDV6 Sport, Zermatt Silver, Sunroof, 18" Rally alloys.
2006 Pajero Exceed, Silver

Post #425533 Wed May 28 2014 11:26pm
rangiejools

Australia 

Well I am very envious of where you live. We had a great time up there last July. Had to hire a Prado which was OK until it was difficult start at Jim Jim Falls where the Thrifty said I wasn't allowed to take it!
On the options list I went for on/off road pack, Chilli red and almond upholstery, Comfort pack (mainly for Bixenons) DAB radio, 825 audio system and paddle shift. the on/off road pack was a bit of a ripoff but if you want an eDiff you have to have it. Also gives you torque vectoring which somebody told me is amazing in certain situations.
Also having mud flaps fitted (you really need them up there) and rubber mats.
First thing I do when I get it home is to take it down my gully to make sure it works ok off road!
Hope u get yours soon

Julian. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #425534 Wed May 28 2014 11:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1