RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Build date 6th August - Q: can you influence the build date?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rangerover1sttimer

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Build date 6th August - Q: can you influence the build date?

This is my first post and I've had a look around and I'm fairly sure this hasn't been asked before. I order my RRS on April 3rd 2014 and was recently informed of a build date of 6th August.

I there any way you can influence the build date say by a week? If I could get a build date of the 1st Aug I'd be a lot happier. Has anyone tried and succeeded in altering their build date? If so how?

Secondly, can you collect your car rather than having it delivered? If so how long after a typical build date is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

RangeRover1stTimer

Post #425446 Tue May 27 2014 11:07pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

That's pretty good if you ordered April 3rd and have a build date of 6th August! Nearest dealer to me is showing March 2015 as next delivery slot.

Post #425450 Wed May 28 2014 12:01am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

It does seem possible to do that stuff with other high end manufacturers... but not so easy with JLR...

This is a question I think you need to put to Pete in his Customer relations section on here and see if he can assist you and get something done or arranged on the ground

I know talking to my dealer about delivery and changes and getting information is not even worth the cost of the phone call.

I officially now call him Humpty Dumpty....... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #425480 Wed May 28 2014 2:03pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi and welcome to the site. Thumbs Up
I'd wait till 1st September and get it on a 64 plate unless you are putting it on a personal plate. You are only allowed to collect it from a dealer, or by prior arrangement they will deliver it to your home. You can not pick it up from the factory.

Post #425481 Wed May 28 2014 2:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rangerover1sttimer

Thanks peanutbob, andman and Ady 555 I'll try and track down Pete and see if he might be able to do something.

I ordered from a central London dealership so maybe that has some bearing on scheduling build...I think I read somewhere that larger dealerships might have a bigger build slot allocation. I'm by no means an expert.

Looking fwd to delivery. She's a beast. I'm in and out of this forum as some of the horror stories are a little frightening. I'm assuming that the paint issues and suspension issues are fairly rare. I suppose its only natural if people are frustrated they will vent on a forum as oppose to having a positive experience and getting on a forum to share. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Post #425485 Wed May 28 2014 3:14pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

As a matter of interest, why are you interested in moving your build date forward? You can always wait to register the car to get a 64 plate.

I'd be surprised if you can bring the build date forwards. They are backed up for months and producing a new car every 97 seconds, and the whole of the just-in-time supply chain is geared to that, delivering the correct seats, trim, engine and all the rest at exactly the right point and if your car is already programmed in, that process is already in train. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #425543 Thu May 29 2014 7:35am
rangerover1sttimer

Thanks for the reply...and sorry for the late reply (some stuff came up)

I'm looking to move the build date fwd because I'm not hugely fussed about plate dates etc...I just want the car. Maybe that short sighted but its just the way it is. Im not looking to swap it in three years time and will probably keep it for 8-10 years we'll just have to see. Hopefully its a positive experience from JLR and I'll come back and buy another.

Fingers crossed. (but why I'm saying this after spending £65k is strange)

Maybe I'll pop a photo on when she arrives...I've tried not to pimp her out too much, I'm not sure I'll be getting any 'Lad Points'.

Thanks all.

Post #430512 Mon Jul 14 2014 9:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1