RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Two months in....the story so far (Hint:it's not a good one)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Gal Dove

Hi Rob & thanks. Trust me, there are far more damaging methods of 'feedback' than LR's customer feedback forms!

You're on one of the (very minor) ones now.... MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)
1972 VW Bay Camper (cooled by the air alone!!)

Post #427689 Thu Jun 19 2014 8:11pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Clearly a dismal state of affairs. When the time comes to collect my car, I will not take delivery - or pay for it - if the issue exists.

I was going to suggest sending pictures and information to magazines like Autocar but they are so spineless, they will do nothing for fear of losing advertising revenue.

The message is clear to everyone. Do not pay for your car until you have had the chance to inspect it. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #427690 Thu Jun 19 2014 8:40pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

4 yrs ago I purchased a new Renault master outright , after a few months it developed a problem cutting out without warning it went back to the dealership over 6 months 16 times very frustrating in the end Renault replaced it , had I had finance on it , I was informed then the problem would have been shared with the finance company ??? Rob 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be
Gone and missed 02 Nissan xtrail

Post #427693 Thu Jun 19 2014 9:05pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Are we any closer to understanding what's causing this. Faulty parts, mis-assembly, an "unlucky" mix of manufacturing tolerances or a design problem?

What does our LR CS representative Pete have to say? Pete, are you there? Wakey wakey! Time to shape up!

If LR would stop patting themselves on the back, they would wake up themselves to their dismal product quality. I would park it across the main entrance to Solihull with a big sign and send pictures to the papers, magazines, Internet forums, anything to shake these complacent people from their lethargy. Mark

Post #427712 Fri Jun 20 2014 6:14am
jim4244

I recently read in a motoring magazine that a new consumer law has been introduced during the last few weeks, where if you buy a new car and find that it is faulty then the dealer only has one attempt to fix the problem. After this one attempt you can reject the car and get either a new vehicle or full refund.

Pete - what is happening about this mis match in the bodywork?

Jim

Post #427725 Fri Jun 20 2014 8:56am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Thanks for the update Gal...and sorry for the crap you have had to go through..

Last time I paid upfront... flew in and collected my car....

This time I will be flying in ... inspecting first and then if all is ok ..paying..

I dare say many others will now do the same. 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #427784 Fri Jun 20 2014 6:05pm
Gal Dove

Thanks to all for your support and comments. Thanks to those who have PM'd me also.

As I've already said, the only way that this organisation will take any notice of this and other issues is if everyone who has the problem(s) reports them to JLR customer services with photographic evidence.

As for the person or people who regulate this site are concerned....I can only conclude that their silence is deafening. MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)

Post #427808 Fri Jun 20 2014 9:36pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Gal Dove wrote:
As for the person or people who regulate this site are concerned....I can only conclude that their silence is deafening.

This site is independent from what I gather. Whilst there may be LR reps that drop by, I wouldn't regard it as an official channel.

Thats not to say all of us are not very interested in your tale and the outcome. I think we all are. Tales like this do influence people's buying decisions and it is foolish of LR not to have addressed it IMO.

Post #427815 Fri Jun 20 2014 10:21pm
jim4244

Hi Gal

Time for a few letters, with photo's, to the various motoring magazines I think.

Pete @ LR - very disappointed by your silence..............

Jim

Post #427868 Sat Jun 21 2014 12:30pm
Gal Dove

Quite. Thumbs Up MY14 RRS2, Corris, Pano, 50/50 Cirrus/Black leather, Meridien sound, 22" Style 6's, Bespoke Gap around tailgate.
Porsche 911 (just left!)

Post #427874 Sat Jun 21 2014 1:21pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I believe from a previous post that JLR customer services have been in contact. What do you expect them to add here? 

Post #427892 Sat Jun 21 2014 8:10pm
jim4244

Errrrr.....maybe a confirmation that JLR are now fully aware of the problem and possibly a recall for all the £80,000 cars that they have sold being fully aware of the problem....

Jim

Post #427968 Sun Jun 22 2014 1:57pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

If LR do recall, they will richly deserve the bill of doing so. Time and again, it's been shown that it's better to face up to such problems early than adopt a head-in-the-sand attitude of denial.

Toyota, GM, Firestone. Compare those companies' performance with that of Mercedes-Benz after an A-Class failed the elk-test. Mark

Post #427970 Sun Jun 22 2014 2:23pm
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Please note that this site is not operated, regulated or moderated by Land Rover. It is an independent site that due to the generally constructive manner in which it is operated, Land Rover have decided would be beneficial to offer a point of contact to engage with customers when concerns are experienced.

While I appreciate the frustration, can people please continue to be constructive and realise that at this point, I have received no PMs regarding this and there have been no post in the Land Rover Customer Relations section.

If you have a specific concern, I would ask that you contact me directly by PM, with an overview of your concerns and also please provide the following details:

Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Last 6 of VIN:
Dealership involved:

I will always respond to PMs and attempt to assist where possible.

Many thanks,
Pete Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #428153 Tue Jun 24 2014 8:55am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

I echo what Pete's said above, he cannot read every forum thread here to pick up on issues, if you feel you need assistance then use the LR customer relation forum at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/land-rover-...-vf35.html and/or send him a PM. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #428183 Tue Jun 24 2014 12:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>