RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New rr sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
New rr sport

Is it me or is there a general feeling with members that have taken delivery of their new sport a sense of dissatisfaction with the new sport compared to the previous model , I read about build quality , lack of soul , it all goes to sowing a seed of doubt , test drives are one thing but in the case of you never know your woman till you live with her , feedback would be appreciated on the car ( not the woman i think I got that right after the second time ) cheers Rob

Post #425110 Fri May 23 2014 9:32pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Mines almost perfect, you won't regret it! Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #425111 Fri May 23 2014 9:55pm
robot

Thanks chris , always a positive reply

Post #425112 Fri May 23 2014 9:59pm
Chrisr1806

England 

There's only a few very minor niggles, the scratch in the rear windscreen (dealers fault), intermittent suspension knock and the the front wiper park position is too high.

These don't make much difference to the overall experience though, I love it. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #425116 Fri May 23 2014 10:38pm
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey
suspension knock

hi chrisr, I'm glad you mentioned the front suspension knock as I get it. It sounds like a loose/worn wheel bearing, but it's so intermittent that I've not taken it to the dealer as I know it won't happen when they test it. Would be interested to know if you get it diagnosed.
regards
p

Post #425118 Fri May 23 2014 11:12pm
Peterlondon

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I am still in the honeymoon period (one week of ownership tomorrow) but couldn't be happier with the new RRS compared to the TDV8 I traded in.

Ride quality is far superior, seat comfort much better, performance in a different league, ACC now works brilliantly, sound system awesome and with dynamic switched on cornering is transformed.

My niggles so far ... 22" tyres noisy on rough surfaces, boot slightly smaller, rear seats don't fold flat although folding them is easier, start stop requires you to sit with your foot on the brake (the press and hold on a Mercedes is much better) and I would like more storage space for stuff.

Post #425119 Fri May 23 2014 11:43pm
rangiejools

Australia 

Which sound system do you have? I found the base system not SQL good so have ordered the upgrade. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #425122 Sat May 24 2014 12:29am
jim4244

My RRS2 is the best car I have ever owned. Full Stop. Thumbs Up

Jim

Post #425127 Sat May 24 2014 4:58am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

The general mood of posts , leaves me with the overall impression , most are extremely satisfied and enjoying their new RRS's

Mixed in with your usual dosage of RRS trademark niggles and mysterious faults.... It's what I have grown to accept about
the marque and has not dampened my appetite for my new car.....

Still haven't driven one yet....... won't either... not really bothered..... I like simply like RR's... it's about the whole package and they bring that special something to the table ...no other brand can offer....

I've considered other marques.... but when my hand reaches in my pocket for my wallet .... my heart keeps it firmly planted there and it just won't come back out... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #425128 Sat May 24 2014 5:24am
Peterlondon

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My RRS2 has the Meridian upgrade. Given how good the sound quality is on that system I would struggle to believe the £5k upgrade would be good value.

Post #425139 Sat May 24 2014 9:44am
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

You have to take into account that web forums like this are self selecting for people complaining about things.

The new RRS is night and day better than the previous model and the niggles are, well, minor annoyances (Eco Mode permanent defeat anyone?).

Personally, all the moaning about touch screens not being "like my iPad" and "the stereo is rubbish" are, to me, really trivial. It's a car. It's for driving and the RRS is excellent on and off road. Regards

Malcolm

Post #425146 Sat May 24 2014 12:06pm
rangiejools

Australia 

Peterlondon wrote:
My RRS2 has the Meridian upgrade. Given how good the sound quality is on that system I would struggle to believe the £5k upgrade would be good value.

Yes I have that upgrade too. The £5000 (A$11000 here in Aus) is probably not going to be fitted by anybody anyway.

Looking forward to getting the car this week I hope. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #425191 Sat May 24 2014 11:49pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

[quote="Chrisr1806"]There's only a few very minor niggles, the scratch in the rear windscreen (dealers fault), intermittent suspension knock and the the front wiper park position is too high.

the front wiper park position can be set high in the vehicle set up menu, so that they are within the heated section for frosty mornings... look through the menus and turn this function off and they will go down below the bonnet line..

Andrew 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #425192 Sat May 24 2014 11:52pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Many thanks Andrew. Thumbs Up I'll give it a go. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #425209 Sun May 25 2014 10:13am
ACS

United Kingdom 

I am very happy with mine, no issues to talk about and a pleasure to drive and own.

I think the statistics make it feel as if there may be a problem. I think there are only a few hundred people posting on here compared with how many sold?, most people will not be posting on here because they don't want to and / or they have no issues that they want to share.

Given that JLR are growing significantly and year on year sales are up this would tend to indicate that the company are doing very well making products that are desirable to buy and own.

Post #425351 Tue May 27 2014 7:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>