RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Moped incident..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kam100

United Kingdom 
Moped incident..

Just driving home from work, one of my usual routes, so know where to position my car to weave in/out of traffic, was coming across an island where there is one lane entry, but the exit splits into two, and you can usually cut into the right lane and move forward at least ten spots, plus i normally take the right turning straight after it, so thats my usual way of manouevuring round this particular island, but not tonight..

Coming down the dual carriageway before, and there is a maroon mini cooper s in the left and he sees me coming, and pulls out to block my path, i think fair enough and brake in plenty of time and hold back.. but the cream coloured moped who was obviously tailgating the mini, thinks i can get out too, and pulls out, i think fair enough to that too, and pull back even more, the mini overtakes a few cars and pulls back into the left, as we enter the island, the moped makes a dash to take the mini, closely followed by me, we clear the mini passed the island and pull back into the left lane, but for some unknown reason the moped takes offence and smacks his brake lights on.. i wasn't close, but NOW I AM.. he gestures at me some swear word or another then sits in the middle of both lanes, i go to take my right position ready to turn right, and he weaves in front of me and smacks his brakes again, me with my right indicator on, i smack my horn and give him a quick toot, then he sticks his right indicator on, so to avoid confrontation i pull back into the left lane and decide to go straight instead, as i do so, he slows right down, and looks over his shoulder at me.. and i couldn't resist it, so i mouther Censored at him and boot it off carrying on straight, and now the mini gives chase.. but he isn't of much concern. As i pull up at the next set of lights, i hear a toot and look in my mirror and the Censored on the moped is parked up my arse.. i think better of it, and now ignore him and when the lights change i go.. he tailgates me for a good two miles, turning left/right whereever i do, and now i have got a good look at him, cream coloured piaggio, looks like a guy who thinks he is cool riding it and he has a head helmet with his face on show, and he is wearing what looks like a suit with a cream jacket over (to match the bike-how cute) but he is about 6" and quite chunky, so i think better of it then to jump out of my car.. presume he will go away in a minute or two and is just making a point..

But he pesists, left/right.. and then i get a clear stretch.. so i engage sport.. and boom, leave him as a distant memory, and take a u turn on a dual carriageway (short cut i take) and lo and behold look right and he is still chasing!!! its wet, and i have 4wd and he is on a moped for gods sake.. whats the point!? i think this guy would have followed me home, and i would have had to do something, so i let it rip.. take about 15 cars on the next stretch of dual carriageway and leave him behind for good..

I can't believe that little situation escalated into something, where he was actually following me home! what a prick.. i doubt he actually lives anywhere near me, but was actually following me, on a bloody moped! and giving it loads to boot (in the wet..).. my mate who phoned me just after it happened, said i should of smashed my anchors on and made him go over my boot.. but why scratch my car!? trust me i wasn't being a Censored he just completely just spotted me and thought right i'll av im.. but the funny thing is, a load of my mates were down the local down the road from me (where we had dinner after the LR event) and if i couldn't have lost him i would have led him right there.. and we would have had sum fun then.. but like i said, wanted to avoid confrontation, so just used my car, and let rip..

really got me going.. assh..e..

Post #51418 Fri Aug 25 2006 7:36pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

driving does have some strange effects on some people - very odd - I suffered a similar experience a few years ago with my wife on board so couldn't get away from the fool. I actually did end up stopping, to which he followed suit, however he drove off almost immediately - in hindsight I should have driven directly to a police station.

Glad it didn't turn into anything more serious for you.

Kaine

Post #51424 Fri Aug 25 2006 8:36pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I picked up a trailer last night and had someone trailergating me - much easier now to hit anchors and not worry Very Happy

Post #51431 Fri Aug 25 2006 11:09pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Kam u need this

Click image to enlarge

L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #51443 Sat Aug 26 2006 7:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS-NL

Netherlands 

Do moped's have license plates in the UK? And did you get his license plate? I'm sure he got yours! There are some real sh*theads on the road Evil or Very Mad

We also had an incident a couple of years ago. We were driving on the highway somewhere in Holland. We were in the lefthand lane, overtaking cars etc. Behind us was a Mercedes S-class and he was obviously in a hurry.

Then we wanted to go back to the righthand lane, but changed our minds because there was a highway entrance-lane, so we decided to go back to the left hand lane, so other cars could enter the highway.

But the guy who was driving the Mercedes wasn't really happy about that and he overtook us on the right handside and was now right beside us.

He was yelling something and was waving with his fist and he wanted to fight. He had put his car in front of us now and was jamming the brakes, so we had to slow down and he was trying to push us off the road so we had to stop Confused .

But my dad was able to get the car back in the lefthand lane and there wasn't enough room for the Mercedes to do something.

And after that, the guy in the Mercedes took the first exit and was gone... Confused

We got his license plate nr. and I don't think he got ours, because we were surrounded by other cars.

And there was also a really ugly old blonde woman beside him... She was doing her make-up the whole time Rolling Eyes . And she was acting like this was normal Confused

Friso

Post #51451 Sat Aug 26 2006 10:46am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

RRS-NL wrote:

And there was also a really ugly old blonde woman beside him... She was doing her make-up the whole time Rolling Eyes

you can see why he was so angry Laughing

Post #51452 Sat Aug 26 2006 10:48am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Kam - always getting into scrapes with other road users! Laughing

What he thought he was going to achieve on his moped I don't know. At worst he could have seriously injured himself and caused a lot of damage to other cars etc... I guess the red mist came down for him. Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #51612 Mon Aug 28 2006 4:10am
kam100

United Kingdom 

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_...2245985051

http://www.bramleyweb.co.uk/stock/details.asp?StockID=1294

http://www.bramleyweb.co.uk/stock/details.asp?StockID=1295

Now.. we're talking.. Laughing Laughing Cool
Would like one of each please..

Post #51697 Mon Aug 28 2006 5:37pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

armoured hehe Cool Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #51700 Mon Aug 28 2006 5:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You'd REALLY need a fuel card to keep those bad boys on the road, all that extra weight. It'd be like driving round with VA in your boot Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #51811 Tue Aug 29 2006 12:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1