RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > dont no how to tell you....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mark hamster

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
dont no how to tell you....

Hi all, although I sold my rrs nearly 2 years ago, I still miss it so bad SO I bit the bullet and decidied to buy another 4X4. Now the bad bit you lot will not like, I have decided to buy an X5 this time. Mainly due to my budget, I got a 5 year old one with one owner and full service history. I did use to drive one years ago, my boss's car and it was ok but an older model than the one I bought.

I really hope im going to like this as much as I did my rrs.! I know its not as good off road but to be fair I never went off road but did think it was brilliant in the snow. Please don't be mad with me but just wondered what you guy's think ?? I remember years ago it seemed to be most people came to a rrs from a bmw and not other way round lol

Just to be fair I will never call rrs as it is still the best car I have ever owned and drove and I'm hoping like mad I will be able to afford the new rrs one day in years to come when they get to my budget.!!

Im hoping it is going to be a little cheaper to run but as much fun as my old rrs.!

thanks guys looking forward to your responses and of course the stick im going to get Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #425117 Fri May 23 2014 11:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you never used your RRS off road then the X5 is a perfectly good vehicle. Anyone who tells you the X5 is rubbish off road and then polishes their RRS to perfection and fits 22inch wheels is to be ignored. The X5 is a find road car.

If you need off road ability then the RRS is fine. If you need on road 4x4 ability then the X5 is fine. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #425121 Sat May 24 2014 12:29am
hunter

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

Had both myself....both good cars and i had an x5 before i had a RRS....but the best way i can describe the difference is...when i was in the x5 i used to see RRSs on the road and think " i wish i had one of those" but i have never been in the RRS and saw a x5 out on the road and thought the same......but as i said, nothing wrong wityh the x5...i had a 3.0 petrol and converted it to lpg. Gone but not forgotten, 2005 RRS SC first edition, BMW 2010 Z4,TVR Tamora, TVR Cerb, MERC SL 55 AMG, E46 M3, Z4, Jag S type R, Skyline R33 GTR 640 bhp, Evo FQ 400, L322 RR, X5, Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo, Lotus Elise 135r, Nissan Murano, Honda S2000, 911, Boxster s...and a few more

Post #425129 Sat May 24 2014 6:07am
PEACHY

England 

Can honestly say I've never looked at an X5 & thought I'd like one of them Very Happy 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Last edited by PEACHY on Sat May 24 2014 7:00pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #425131 Sat May 24 2014 7:07am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

I was very happy with my X5 which I had from new. I am also very happy with my now 6 month old X6, it tows my boat and is a great long distance drive for 4 people, luggage and a bit of boat stuff. If I could afford it (well justify really) my own second car would be an RRS. Mrs BKHK likes her Mini and doesn't want a bigger car so can't get her into an RRS, or anything else I might like as a weekend drive!

Post #425152 Sat May 24 2014 1:38pm
designboy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

hunter wrote:
Had both myself....both good cars and i had an x5 before i had a RRS....but the best way i can describe the difference is...when i was in the x5 i used to see RRSs on the road and think " i wish i had one of those" but i have never been in the RRS and saw a x5 out on the road and thought the same......but as i said, nothing wrong wityh the x5...i had a 3.0 petrol and converted it to lpg.

Exactly, I always drove by them and loved both, but then when I finally owned the sport I never drive by an X5 now and feel that. 

Post #425157 Sat May 24 2014 3:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1