RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New RRS - Don't Bother
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Aintree

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Miles - sorry to hear of your troubles and I respect your opinion of a lack of feeling special when driving the new RRS vs the previous model.

I have to say I take an entirely different view! I had 2 FFRRs before this, a 3.6 and 4.4tdv8, both had gravitas in both senses of the word (sense of occasion and weight) as does a Bentley. Both had faults unlike my new RRS which in 10000 miles has been perfect apart from the headlight beams being set too high.

I would never have considered the old model RRS as it was not my bag whereas the far lighter new model combines Bentleyesque waft and ride with 32.5 mpg driven briskly and part urban.

I like the look of the Evoque squashed roof aside which the RRS doesn't have, best of both worlds! The rear looks good IMO but maybe I have peculiar taste, light interior, no privacy, green, wood trim - yes please!

I agree that £80k for the Autobiography is far too much but the £60k HSE has all I want and more. Maybe the looks need bedding in like the E60 5 series did.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck Cool

Post #424904 Wed May 21 2014 5:54pm
Wing-Co

Netherlands 

Some of the posts on this forum with regard to quality are making me nervous. My last UK car was a new Mini in 1978 and since then it has been German engineering since. My X5 has been almost faultless other than a door mirror replaced under warranty. In considering my next car it is either the RRS HSE Dynamic or the soon to be released new BMW X6. The other point that keeps coming up is the Infotainment system and low res and slow response and with the quality comments it seems to be creating a major concern in my mind given the huge RRS £ outlay. After 2 test drives and numerous showroom visits I simply don't know!

Post #424920 Wed May 21 2014 7:23pm
Peterlondon

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My last German car before going RRS was a 2013 E class Estate 300 Hybrid.

I really don't think the infotainment on the new RRS2 is worse than the MB.

Before the MY 14 RRS I had a MY10 RRS and that had a very unresponsive touch screen for Nav/music/4x4,info.

The new RRS is quicker and better by miles including a reverse camera that now displays before you finish manoeuvring.

I am sure there could be Design improvements to the UI (eg bigger fonts) but it certainly isn't a reason to not buy what is a great car.

Post #424928 Wed May 21 2014 7:54pm
BKHK

Australia 

I also was of the opinion and said on here that I thought that the new RRS would very quickly "date" the old model. I am wrong so far, an MY10+ RRS just looks.......well, good, like an RRS

I am sure the new one is a great car, it just doesn't look like it. A friend of mine in the Melbourne used trade says the last of the old series are still hot in the market, hotter than the first of the new. Maybe it will just take a while?

Post #424938 Wed May 21 2014 9:49pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Must admit that I'm not sure I would replace my 2014 AB RRS with another one! £78k in my case, and it doesn't feel that more special than the £43k 1000 miler Disco 4 I had before, very regrettably. Highly capable, in respect of performance, cornering etc. However, because of the alloy body, the side doors flex on closing, and the slight growl/engine noise that the D4 had is now missing. So, it seems a bit weedy. Looks great though with some colour schemes, but if I had to do it all again I'd have kept the the D4. The prior RRS was of course steel, and coupled with the TDv8 which I had before the D4 it had quite a presence, growl and hefty doors. However, the eu emissions were quite a lot more, so annual road licence double after first reg, I think. So, there's a pay off. But, the performance is actually better with the new RRS SDV6 in terms of 0-60 but the sound is muted. Cabin is nice, but so was the D4, Meridian sound with 19 speakers is better, but only to my ears.
Having said that, with the colour combo of Chile + black pano roof, I've had so many people say wow, looks brilliant, whereas I thought my D4 in Indus silver looked the business!!
But, you can corner like a go kart! More exhaust note would help as well. I'll be staying with LR, but maybe FFR, maybe D4 or wait till the D5.

Post #424940 Wed May 21 2014 10:01pm
AA4X4

United Kingdom 

Wing-Co wrote:
Some of the posts on this forum with regard to quality are making me nervous. My last UK car was a new Mini in 1978 and since then it has been German engineering since. My X5 has been almost faultless other than a door mirror replaced under warranty. In considering my next car it is either the RRS HSE Dynamic or the soon to be released new BMW X6. The other point that keeps coming up is the Infotainment system and low res and slow response and with the quality comments it seems to be creating a major concern in my mind given the huge RRS £ outlay. After 2 test drives and numerous showroom visits I simply don't know!

Kind of similar situation. Good thing is I'am in no rush. We need one good towing van for the horse box. My wifes's shogun is getting on (MY56); but she absolutely loves it & doesn't want to sell her. So I'am thinking about getting a newer 4 x 4 that will be our main car & wifey can keep the shogun. I've had a few Porsches, so a Cayenne diesel is possible; but really wanted a RRS - never had one before & think they have a great image (horses, country etc). But keep hearing stories that put me off (equally though I do hear good stories on here as well). The bad stories just put that element of doubt in my mind. I also quite like the X5 (but def don't like the looks of the new one). It's a tough decision, but lucky a one I don't have to make quite yet. 2001 Black Porsche 911 turbo
2010 Black BMW 325d Coupe
2006 Shogun (wifeys car)
2013 Honda Fireblade 1000RR Superbike

Post #425011 Thu May 22 2014 3:01pm
Wing-Co

Netherlands 

I was in the local BMW dealer today and they had M Sport X5 - it looks great and the interior is an improvement on my MK2. I can't have one as it is too similar to my X5 as I would have to have black and ivory. The new X6 though will be different enough. Also today the LR dealer came back with px and when to order for 2015 MY so around end of Jun order should secure Oct delivery. Once I add the price of 20" winter wheels and tyres to the X6 they are the same deal. Just need to decide RRS HSE Dynamic or X6 M Sport 4.0D, both met black and ivory interior.

Post #425015 Thu May 22 2014 3:17pm
hornbaek

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Bonatti Grey

I really agree that poor LR service really forms a large part of my frustration with my RRS. I came home from a European trip with a wind noise coming from the roof. I taped the panel gap over with gaffa tape which addressed the problem. The first available date at the dealer is in 3 weeks time! This is the second time it goes in for the same problem.

Post #425023 Thu May 22 2014 4:12pm
wemeadows

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Fuji White
Re: New RRS - Don't Bother

Miles121 wrote:
Dear All

Thought I would share my experience.

Previous - 62 plate RRS HSE SDV6, absolutely brilliant car, couldn't fault it.

So you can imagine my excitement after waiting 6 months to take delivery of my brand new RRS autobiography. Well that was 2 months ago and I'm sorry to say its going, I kid you not. Forget about the fact that the central locking was faulty, the auto head lights faulty, the horrible rubbing sound every time you turned the car. Forget that, its the way it made me feel, or should I say the way it didn't. I have willed myself to love it but who am I kidding.
color=darkblue][/color]

I'm sorry that the new AB is not meeting your expectations; I'd be really upset too.

I suspect that LR will get the issues sorted; but I'm not surprised that there are issues this being the first model year of the new version and all. Hopefully, you have a good dealer.

FWIW, when I bought my '95 County new, there was also a new model, the 4.0HSE P38. My LR dealer at the time said, effectively, the County is a great car 'cuz they've worked out all the issues over the years; but the new one will take a few years to get the issues worked out.

My MY'13 RRS has been flawless to date (a recent SW upgrade fixed the touch screen response issues) in terms of quality. But, it is a bit of a barge. I have test driven the new RRS and the handling is extraordinary. 2013 RRS HSE Lux, Fuji White w/Silver Pkg, 5.0 V8
Gone, but not forgotten: 1995 RR County Classic SWB, Arctic White

Post #425047 Thu May 22 2014 6:35pm
UK Guy

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I've been looking into a new one but I was shocked at how overpriced they are. No way do I feel it's worth any where near £75+k on average. It's a nice car but just not nice enough for that kind of wonga.
Find it hard to believe they sell so many!!
It's all down to the success of the evoque. If they were selling them (in my eyes a freelander replacement) for nearly old range rover money, it was inevitable when the new RRS was released it was going to be jumped up somewhat due to the price of the evoque.
I've had a great time with a few RRS over the last few years.
I will probably jump ship this year aswell. RRS HSE with a few extras & a
2013 RRS Autobiography

Post #425138 Sat May 24 2014 8:19am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

All I can say is that I am very, very happy with my RRS2.

It is fast, responsive, stylish and, if I ever need to, I know that it will out perform a LR Defender cross country.

Jim

Post #425140 Sat May 24 2014 8:56am
Miles121

United Kingdom 

Update:

Its gone.
Goodbye S*** Service, Goodbye S***build quality. NEXT!!

Post #426666 Mon Jun 09 2014 2:45pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

bye Thumbs Up

Post #426672 Mon Jun 09 2014 3:35pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Well mines got excellent build quality Very Happy 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #426713 Mon Jun 09 2014 9:55pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Whilst we deserve and are entitled to receive a perfect car on delivery... These things do occasionally happen, not least of all in the first production run....

I´m bound to say that is hardly the most devastating and soul destroying fault list i have seen....

Central locking... headlights... simple dealer fix.... nothing to throw your toys out the pram about..

Rubbing noise.... not heard that one before....!!!!

You are for sure best off out of that car...

It´ll take a whole load more Censored than that to go wrong on mine to get me to fall out of love and sell it ! Shocked 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #426715 Mon Jun 09 2014 10:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>