RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > EARLY STAGE OF POSSIBLE ORDER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Wing-Co

Netherlands 
EARLY STAGE OF POSSIBLE ORDER

Hi Folks, I'm English living in the Netherlands for last 3 years and 3 more to go before something else. Currently 2011 X5 owner and very keen on RRS HSE Dynamic for delivery around Oct 2014 if the factors go right. Test drove RRS diesel last week and really liked it. Have a few questions:

Does HSE Dynamic have:

1. On the power fold door mirrors is there a button you can press at any time to close them, for when you are passing traffic in tight conditions or going into the garage?
2. Does it have front parking sensors?
3. Does it have Auto hold when you stop so that you do not have to keep your foot on the brake at traffic lights and on hills, etc?
4. Is the air con good enough to keep the back seats cold without specifying the optional rear air con?
5. Not to sure about the touch screen as BMW I drive is very easy to use on the move, but faffing around touching screen to change music or put the heated seats on seems a bit much, or is it easy?
6. Is the full sized spare wheel an alloy and standard tyre?
7. Are tyres all season?

Off for another test drive and to get px price and delivery forecast.

Post #424074 Mon May 12 2014 6:09pm
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, holding the buttons for left and right at the same time will fold the door mirrors.
2. Yes it does
3. It has an electronic hand brake which can be engaged which will do what you have stated. If you are on a hill and release the footbrake without engaging the hand brake it will hold position (although I don't think this would be recommended for any length of time). If you are on the flat and release the foot brake it will creep forward.
3. I've never sat in the back to try this out, however passengers that I have had in the back haven't complained, even on very hot days so I would say it should be fine.
5. The touch screen is a bit of a pain (my 2014 is on order at present so I can only go on the 2011 model I currently have) and given there are now more functions controlled by it will be even more so. I have to say though that once you get used to it, it is fine.
6. I believe if you order the full size spare wheel (an optional extra) it is the same alloy as the other 4 alloys that you specced.
7. I believe they are but best for someone with a 2014 model year to confirm - also may be different for each market.

Hope this helps.

Alan 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #424077 Mon May 12 2014 6:48pm
Wing-Co

Netherlands 

Cheers Alan, I was on the route to a new BMW and probably the new X6 to be different from my X5 when I called in my local dealer and parked next to a RRS 2014. It had a presence that made my 2011 X5 look overwhelmed and the test drive was really nice, in particular the ride and the upmarket feel of the interior. The connected drive and wheel control in the X5 allows you to use many functions whilst on the move; when i've used the companies Mondeo with the touch screen I've not had confidence and it is a slight worry about the RRS, but I think one I am prepared to accept. The X6 4.OD would be much faster and firmer, but I feel the RRS offers a drive that suits my driving more.However, driving in Germany regularly speed is infectious and it is surprising how when your foot is flat to the floor in an X5 you wish it had more as Audis and Porsches come past you!

Post #424078 Mon May 12 2014 7:18pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My 2014 has air con front and rear. The max fan speed is pretty weedy imo. Apart from a few days in France when the temps were 22-24 deg in the afternoon, there's not really been an opportunity to see how effective the air con is on a hot day...But there's no real blast of cold air on max settings - in contrast to the D4.
Connversely on auto settings the fan speed is too high...it's not a gentle background permeation of air, so one has to either shut a few vents off, or go to manual to drop the fan speed off a notch. It's not quite sorted.

Post #424109 Mon May 12 2014 10:03pm
Wing-Co

Netherlands 

Many thanks PB, I'll have to have a fiddle withe the ac on Fri when I go for another test drive. On my X5 it is very effective in all modes and no extra ac is required in the back to supplement the manual vents in the rear console.

Post #424116 Tue May 13 2014 3:12am
Disco

United Kingdom 

peanutbob wrote:
My 2014 has air con front and rear. The max fan speed is pretty weedy imo. Apart from a few days in France when the temps were 22-24 deg in the afternoon, there's not really been an opportunity to see how effective the air con is on a hot day...But there's no real blast of cold air on max settings - in contrast to the D4.
Connversely on auto settings the fan speed is too high...it's not a gentle background permeation of air, so one has to either shut a few vents off, or go to manual to drop the fan speed off a notch. It's not quite sorted.

You can adjust the auto fan speed in the AirCon setup screens to always blow less, we have and it works well for 95% of the time. If you need more flow just turn it up.

Post #424141 Tue May 13 2014 11:57am
peanutbob

Thanks Disco...I didn't realise there was an air con set up screen! Where is it? I presume it's within the climate control menu, in which you can alter the fan speed front and rear, manually, but chucking it back on auto the fan speed defaults to too high a setting.
I'm probably talking out of my posterior right now, so will investigate at dawn!!

Post #424332 Wed May 14 2014 10:24pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

Yes if you manually adjust the fan speed it will reset if you push the Auto button.

But you can adjust the default setting that the Auto thing uses.

Post #424379 Thu May 15 2014 10:57am
peanutbob

Yes, found it in the settings menu, so I've taken it down to minimum! Thanks!

Post #424381 Thu May 15 2014 11:34am
Wing-Co

Netherlands 

Hi Folks, back from looking again and test drive. Specified with the dealer as below. Now just a bit of work on price for my X5 from them and then to decide whether to stick with my X5, change for RRS or wait for new X6.

HSE Dynamic

Santorini Black
Dark Grey Oak Wood Veneer
Ebony
Sun Roof
Priv Glass
Dimming mirrors
Aut HBA
FS Spare
Heated Steering wheel
3 zone climate
Maybe vent seats