Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Help needed please guys? Lights on and all sorts, :(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Big rob

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black
Help needed please guys? Lights on and all sorts, :(

Hi all

Just got a RRS 2005 supercharger and today got a few codes as I drive along the suspension light comes on but car still drives? But I can't raise or lower the height unless I stop and reset the car sometimes it still stays on? Today it has gone to red with max speed 30? But height is still the same? A few hours ago the lights went out but engine light came on with codes

p0320
P0441
P0333

I have no idea what this is or if it's right the only thing I did today was have a full valet of the car as I just got it which most of us do anyway, I got the codes cleared and the engine light is off but suspension light will be back I'm sure? Can anyone advise me please

Post #423876 Sat May 10 2014 6:27pm
Andi

United Kingdom 

Try here mate;

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic24906....code+p0333

Post #423879 Sat May 10 2014 7:00pm
stevew

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear about your trouble, I also have a s/c and had loads of warning lights come on and could not adjust the suspension either, lucky enough I have extended warranty and took it to my local dealer and they found out the rear diff motor had packed up and needed replacing, pleased I had the warranty as it would have cost about £600

Post #423880 Sat May 10 2014 7:02pm
Andi

United Kingdom 

Also here;

http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?1848-Fault-codes

Good luck

Post #423881 Sat May 10 2014 7:08pm
Big rob

Thanks guys I'm kind of happy if it's 600, I knew buying one would cost a few pound I'm not rich but I think I can live with that price my try rcv as I see someone else has used them and the do a payment plan you can pay for which I will be taking if I can Smile just hate lights and not knowing what it is

Post #423882 Sat May 10 2014 7:08pm
Saeedasghar

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I would start with switching to the 4x4 information screen in the car and watch the wheels as you drive along if one in particular yoyo's up and down could be the ride height sensor of that wheel. Hope this helps.

Post #423883 Sat May 10 2014 7:15pm
PEACHY

England 

Welcome Big Rob - sorry for your misfortune Sad you are in the right place for help - how long have you had the Sport ? Did it come with a short warranty or any kind of guarantee period ? If the car is on finance the seller should be able to help - sorry for the personal questions just trying to be helpful - also your profile shows a 4.4 petrol not a Supercharged - what RRS do you have - first thing that went on my Sport was the Censored EAS compressor - £380 with new bracket fitted by the RAC Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #423885 Sat May 10 2014 7:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Big rob

Hi
I did the screen drive but didn't notice anything, but that's life Sad
Had the car a few days paid cash so no cover dealer marked it sold as seen so he said there's no cover Sad feel like I was sold a wrong on, but just got to look at it as fix it and look after it and the car should be ok Smile
I had a guy come out yesterday about the codes he seems to think it's the suspension confusing the ecu on what's going on? Sounds possible but I'm not car wise guy so fingers crossed

Post #424009 Mon May 12 2014 6:17am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Despite what they say you will have a warranty as a consumer under the Sale of Goods act - everyone does and you can't give away or be forced to give up those basic rights which entitles you to buy an item that is fit for its purpose for a reasonable time - as a minimum you've probably got a minimum of a month and about 1,000 miles for minor stuff and 3 months 3,000 mile for major items. The government web-site is a good place to read about your rights when buying a second-hand car.

If you bought it from a person who deals/makes money out of selling cars for a living (or a company/garage) then they are 'professionals' and you are a private individual. Consequently they cannot make you give up your rights by selling anything to you "sold as seen" - 'sold as seen' can only happen at a public auction where you can only rely on what the auctioneer says.

So if you've only had the car a few days the 'dealer' is liable as the fault will be deemed as being there at the time they sold it to you. They are allowed the opportunity to put the fault right, replace the car or give you your cash back.

They might wriggle and say all manner of rubbish but it they refuse you should tell them in writing that you will get I repaired by some-one else, send them the quote and tell them you hold them liable. If they refuse to pay then the Small Claims court can be used - all the paperwork etc can be done on-line.

Don't be bambozzled Thumbs Up

Post #424015 Mon May 12 2014 7:50am
monty19

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

The Law
When you buy goods from a trader, you enter into a legally binding contract governed by the Sale of Goods Act 1979, as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. The law gives buyer and seller rights and responsibilities and applies to the sale of used cars in the same way as to other goods. When you buy from a trader, you have the right to expect the car to be:
of satisfactory quality;
fit for its purpose, including any particular purpose made known, and
as described.
The law defines goods as being of ‘satisfactory quality’ if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory – taking the description of the goods into account, the price (if relevant) and all other relevant circumstances. So, when you have bought a used car, you must consider its age, the price you paid, the description which was applied to it and anything else which is relevant when deciding whether it is of satisfactory quality. Your expectations should be different when you are buying a low mileage, two-year-old car than when you are buying a high mileage, ten-year-old one, for example. However, it must still be:
fit to be used on the road;
in a condition which reflects its age and price, and
reasonably reliable.
When you buy as a consumer from a motor trader, your legal rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 cannot be taken away or reduced. An example of an attempt to do so is a notice such as ‘sold as seen’. Such phrases are meaningless and cannot alter your rights. If you see a sign of this type, report it to Consumer Direct on 08454 040506. A warranty or guarantee can only be given in addition to your legal rights, not instead of them. You can take legal action under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 for up to six years after the date of the contract, but it is unrealistic to consider legal action for defects on used cars – especially older vehicles – once you have had them in use for a reasonable length of time. Each case is different, so it is best to take advice before you decide what to do.

here you go mate, theres no such thing as sold as seen from a trader Thumbs Up

Post #424024 Mon May 12 2014 9:04am
monty19

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

bit more info for you rob

If the goods where purchased withing the last 6 months (new or second hand & in the case of car age is not very relevant when you talking about such a major component) then you can demand either a replacement of equal value or a suitable repair & you don't have to prove the fault appeared AFTER purchase. In law it is assumed that the fault existed prior to sale

& this is why

"reversed burden of proof"

Means that for the first six months the consumer need not produce any evidence that a product was inherently faulty at the time of sale. If a consumer is seeking any other remedy the burden of proof remains with him/her.
In such a case, the retailer will either accept there was an inherent fault, and will offer a remedy, or he will dispute that it was inherently flawed. If the latter, when he inspects the product to analyse the cause, he may, for example, point out impact damage or stains that would be consistent with it having been mistreated in such a way as to bring about the fault.
This reversal of the usual burden of proof only applies when the consumer is seeking a repair or replacement. After the first six months the onus of proof is again on the consumer.

If you have already advised the dealer of the fault you must act now

Post #424025 Mon May 12 2014 9:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1