RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Brand new RRSport stolen off driveway without keys!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thats was early 90's car security for Peugeot, it seem to work back then, perhaps it should be reinstated and bring back the ignition key. I never use my remote to lock and unlock my motor, i use the button on the door handle.

Post #422497 Sun Apr 27 2014 2:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hunter

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

SPX wrote:
While everyone seems to want to turn this into some sort of apocalyptic disaster for LR, did no-one read my first post on this thread? Or is everyone just wanting to keep flapping like the world will end tomorrow?

Get a grip! Professional car thieves are years ahead of the 'security' devices of car manufacturers, even (SHOCK HORROR) ze perfect Germans; any E number BMW is so easy to steal its unreal, so much so it should have ruined them!

As i have already stated in a previous post on this thread..and even a video of how they did it... Gone but not forgotten, 2005 RRS SC first edition, BMW 2010 Z4,TVR Tamora, TVR Cerb, MERC SL 55 AMG, E46 M3, Z4, Jag S type R, Skyline R33 GTR 640 bhp, Evo FQ 400, L322 RR, X5, Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo, Lotus Elise 135r, Nissan Murano, Honda S2000, 911, Boxster s...and a few more

Post #422499 Sun Apr 27 2014 3:00pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you are referring to the use of the diagnostic port then this has even been shown on Watchdog a year or so ago! Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #422500 Sun Apr 27 2014 3:27pm
hunter

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

Yep, thats the one Gone but not forgotten, 2005 RRS SC first edition, BMW 2010 Z4,TVR Tamora, TVR Cerb, MERC SL 55 AMG, E46 M3, Z4, Jag S type R, Skyline R33 GTR 640 bhp, Evo FQ 400, L322 RR, X5, Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo, Lotus Elise 135r, Nissan Murano, Honda S2000, 911, Boxster s...and a few more

Post #422503 Sun Apr 27 2014 3:33pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Not so long ago q5s and 7s where the target , two of my customers where broken into where one got a thumping for the car keys , a few years ago a good friend had a meeting with a iron bar as he went to unlock his impreznaa , the point I am making cars become in vogue for theiving scum whilst manufactures do what they can to secure a car then scum will find a way round it , we need to target them not blame it on the manufactures , and whilst this may not be the correct bit of the forum lr dealers seem to be getting a bit of a slagging well I bought my first rrs from a dealer 140 miles from where I live the reason dealers in Cheshire would not give you time of day unless you wore a track suit with your initials on , I have since bought a evoque dynamic , disco gs and a hse be any service , warranty work ect they collect drop an car off and return cleaned plus being a plumber they couldn't care less whether I walked into their showroom in a boiler suit or a Armani suit you get the same treatment ,

Post #422511 Sun Apr 27 2014 5:21pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

The eternal problem that car manufacturers have is that if they make their vehicles impossible to steal, what happens? Car-jacking goes up, this is proven fact.

Out of the two, I would rather someone pinch my car off my drive than attempt to rag my wife out when she's stopped at a traffic light.

I like to have nice things in life but that's all that they are; things and they can be replaced, people can't.

Post #422527 Sun Apr 27 2014 7:32pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Perhaps there should be a Chinese region on this site...with a high percentage of these cars going to China, they'll know what to do! They'll have everything replicated overnight, and having worked out how the security can be by passed, they will have a double anti theft work around sorted immediately..or even triple. I recall that LR are due to open a factory in China, so maybe some benefit of this will filter back to the UK.

Post #422531 Sun Apr 27 2014 7:58pm
robot

S p x totally agree with your comments , we had a rs2000 years ago when they where being targeted I told my wife if she was ever threatened just to hand the keys vomer and we will sort it from there , maybe in china there is a bit more respect for people who choose to spend their money on what they desire

Post #422535 Sun Apr 27 2014 8:08pm
peanutbob

Robot

You're probably right, in that the Chinese will have a little more respect for those who buy cars that they desire! However, if we have a security issue over here, they will create the antidote! Nothing is a problem for these little guys!

Post #422537 Sun Apr 27 2014 8:15pm
peanutbob

Quite coincidentally, the Chinese sent me a drawing tonight of their initial prototype:

Click image to enlarge

Post #422540 Sun Apr 27 2014 8:31pm
robot

Peanut point taken ime sure they will ,

Post #422549 Sun Apr 27 2014 9:44pm
Moog2014

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Disco wrote:
Whilst I know this is not what we want to use ,please have a look here. Very popular it the BMW Ford RS areas.

http://www.securemycar.co.uk/stolen-range-rover.html

I'm keen to take this route with Viper, it reads and reviews well, though my concern is impact on warranty. Anyone have any experience on LRs perspective of fitting this type of aftermarket system ?

Post #422557 Sun Apr 27 2014 10:52pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

been thinking more on this, and a brainwave was a OBD Lock, but someone had beaten me too it Laughing

anyway a link i found was this

http://tieronevehiclesolutions.com/product...protected/

looks solid, and is stated as "sold secure" tested, there there is no mention of it passing or been rated by them on the details or on sold secures website.

Also would mean the box been bolted to something secure too, but its an idea for those worried owners

I have rang the company to find out how much it was, but no call back as of yet Confused

Post #422607 Mon Apr 28 2014 3:50pm
Dazzler

United Kingdom 

I have spoken to the company that fit the Viper Alarm system, seem very good at what they do. My contacts within BMW rate them highly too which is a plus point. That's the way forward to me!!! 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White, Ebony / Lunar Dark Grey Oak,22" Alloys, Red Brake Callipers, Panoramic Roof in Contrast Black, Heated Steering Wheel, Full Size Spare, Privacy Glass & Fixed Side Steps

Going - 2011 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury, Fuji White, Ebony Leather with contrast stitching, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, heated steering Wheel, Tv

Post #422610 Mon Apr 28 2014 4:17pm
JaneF

United Kingdom 

For info- Pete from customer relations has responded privately to say effectively that while LR take security as a highest priority, they are not able to provide any practical suggestions to make our car any more secure beyond the Thatcham category 1 security system fitted in all Range Rover Sports since 2005.

So....looks like we are on our own on this one!

Post #422767 Tue Apr 29 2014 7:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>